Presenting you with Roger Federer quotes to pump you up!
Do I need to even introduce him? The man is known the world over for his success as a tennis player. The Association of Tennis Players, (ATP) currently ranks Federer at number 5 in the world! With 20 Grand Slams Titles behind him, there is no denying that Federer is a gifted sportsman.
His successes as an accomplished athlete are not only due to his extraordinary physical abilities but also due to his ability to carry himself emotionally. He is a man who does not walk out when the going gets tough, he will see a game through. He is a man who has the emotional maturity to congratulate his opponent when they win against him.
So undoubtedly, there is a lot we can learn from this master of tennis and whilst we cannot get a one to one consultation with the legend, Roger Federer quotes will do the job nicely!
If you stop blaming others and see which is the real reason for not being successful, it will help you be ready to achieve better.
Roger Federers quotes are the ultimate motivation for that ‘go get them’ attitude. Enjoy!
- “You always want to win. That is why you play tennis because you love the sport and try to be the best you can at it.”–Roger Federer
- “I’m a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in difficult moments.” -Roger Federer
- “When you do something best in life, you don’t really want to give that up, and for me it’s tennis.” -Roger Federer
- “Sometimes you have to accept that a guy played better on the day than you.”– Roger Federer
- “This year I guess I decided in the bigger matches to take it more to my opponent instead of waiting for a bit more for the mistakes. Yeah, this is I guess how you want to win Wimbledon, is by going after your shots, believing you can do it, and that’s what I was able to do today.” -Roger Federer
- “The serve, I was too young and too small and not enough powerful to have a good service when I was young, so my forehand was always my signature shot. So I used to always run around my backhand, you know, use my forehand as much as I could, and so that’s why I think it’s my strength also today.”– Roger Federer
- “I don’t play for the record books.”– Roger Federer
- “What I think I’ve been able to do well over the years is play with pain, play with problems, play in all sorts of conditions.” -Roger Federer
- “I have learned to be even more patient.” -Roger Federer
- “I enjoyed the position I was in as a tennis player. I was to blame when I lost. I was to blame when I won. And I really like that because I played soccer a lot too, and I couldn’t stand it when I had to blame it on the goalkeeper.”-Roger Federer
- “We can’t always agree on everything.” -Roger Federer
- “The serve, I think, is the most difficult, in terms of coordination because you got to toss it up at the right time.– Roger Federer”
- “My heart is in South Africa, through my mum. My mum being from here, me spending a lot of time here as well, I feel most connected to this part of the world.”– Roger Federer
- “When you win everything, it’s fun.” -Roger Federer
- “Being a husband is for me as big a priority as being a father.” -Roger Federer
- “My dad said if you become a tennis professional just make sure you get into the top hundred.” -Roger Federer
“When I won in 2003, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would win Wimbledon and have my kids seeing me lift the trophy, so this is pretty surreal. And yeah, I was almost shocked at the moment that it all came together so nicely.” -Roger Federer
- “Sometimes I am a different character in different languages. I have different enjoyment from them. Sometimes different answers come out of me. Like, I didn’t even know that about me. I get to know myself through different languages, actually.” -Roger Federer
- “I used to get nervous, you know if my parents would come to watch. And then I would get nervous if my friends came and watched. Today it’s not a problem anymore actually because now I enjoy it. I see that they, you know, respect me immensely, and I try to put on a good show and show that I can still play very good tennis.” -Roger Federer
- “I always had the dream.”-Roger Federer
- “I am extremely proud and honored to have beaten Pete Sampras’s record as he was my childhood hero and I have always looked up to him.”– Roger Federer
- “Early in my career, I struggled with consistency, but I couldn’t get more consistent than this year.” -Roger Federer
- “My favorite shot is always gonna be the forehand. It used to always be my favorite shot when I was young, so its the one I’ve won all the points with.”– Roger Federer
- “You have to put in the hours because there’s always something which you can improve.”-Roger Federer
- “I always believe if you’re stuck in a hole and maybe things aren’t going well you will come out stronger. Everything in life is this way.” -Roger Federer
- “You have to believe in the long-term plan you have but you need the short-term goals to motivate and inspire you.”-Roger Federer
- “Previously I always thought it was just tactical and technique, but every match has become almost mental and physical-I try to push myself to move well. I try to push myself not to get upset and stay positive, and that’s what my biggest improvement is over all those years. Under pressure I can see things very clear.”-Roger Federer
- “It is always in my mind still that I can crush anybody. That’s not an issue. But I think that is the same for most athletes. If you don’t believe you can win tournaments anymore, then you can’t do it.” -Roger Federer
- “When you’re good at something, make that everything.” -Roger Federer
- “A man who wins is a man who thinks he can.”– Roger Federer
- “You have to put in a lot of sacrifice and effort for sometimes little reward but you have to know that if you put in the right effort the reward will come.” -Roger Federer
- “I fear no one but respect everyone.” -Roger Federer
- “Success is a nice thing because it always means you’ve taken a step forward and it gives you a sense of pride, which in turn gives you confidence and experience, a positive circle, so to speak.” -Roger Federer
- “I always look at the long term.”-Roger Federer
“I’m not playing to prove anything to journalists. I’m playing for myself, for my fans, to make people happy.” -Roger Federer
- “The one thing you can do for sure is pushing the luck on your side.” –Roger Federer
- “I have two lives, and all the problems I might have, I feel like I drop them once I step on to the match court.”– Roger Federer
- “I definitely feel there’s room for improvement.” -Roger Federer
- “One of my big, big strengths think early on in my career was that I could learn very quickly. You wouldn’t have to tell me the things 10 times or 50 times until I would understand them. You would only have to tell me two or three times.” ––Roger Federer
- “I’ve practiced so much.” -Roger Federer
- “I love tennis! I’ve always felt like this because it is such a classy sport with a great, competitive flair to it.” -Roger Federer
- “I always knew I had something special.”– Roger Federer
- “Once you find that peace, that place of peace and quiet, harmony and confidence, that’s when you start playing your best.”-Roger Federer
- “There is no way around hard work. Embrace it. You have to put in the hours because there’s always something which you can improve. ”-Roger Federer
“I think it’s very hard for coaches to work with me. They’ll no doubt have a good CV afterward, but at the same time they’re under a lot of pressure.”-Roger Federer
- “I’ve always been aware that the image you patiently construct for an entire career can be ruined in a minute. It scares you a bit, but that’s the way things are.”-Roger Federer
These Roger Federer quotes provide plenty of nugetts of wisdom. It takes a lot to get to the top in any game. It takes an amazing character to look your opponent in the eye and not run away from the playing field. Roger Federer is a man of courage and his successes indicate perseverence, self belief as well as a passion for the sport he plays. Simply determined wolf attitude.
Let’s take one Roger Federer quote to ponder on. How about this one, “Sometimes you have to accept that a guy played better on the day than you.”
What do we learn from this Roger Federer quote? My interpretation is that sometimes it is not about winning the game, sometimes in losing we learn a lot. When we embrace the fact that others have beaten us, we open ourselves to learning how they do it and how we can emulate their successes.
In addition, this Roger Federer quote also demonstrates a humbleness and a sense of maturity. When you are full of yourself, you will not embrace the fact that others are better. Everytime you lose in a game, you will become frustrated and miss the opportunity to learn. Frustration blocks our thinking and saps our energy. It is a negative thought and any negative thinking does not support growth.
One of the reasons Federer continues to soar as a sportsman is that he embraces his failures. In the same way, Sarah Blakely brushed off the naysayers who turned her business idea down.
As I said, there are plenty of nuggets of wisdom in these Roger Federer quotes, one of them to take away is to shrug off failure and use it as a springboard to getting better.
If this post has left you buzzing then please share these quotes from Roger Federer and inspire more people!