Are you searching for some popular motivational quotes for athletes so that you can perform better? If yes, this article is for here.
Every person in this world wants some motivation for doing hard work. All struggle in their life and have the reason to continue working. It is the motivation due to which people are not leaving their dreams when they do not see the result.
Everyone wants to see the result quickly, but it takes some time. At the time of working hard, when someone feels that nothing is left behind physically, then it is the motivation that keeps them moving on.
Athletes struggle hard during their journey. During their journey, athletes feel a lot of experiences. It is very typical to handle these experiences. Some experiences make them proud, and due to others; they are not feeling well. Sometimes they need motivation for further continues their journey.
Here are some famous motivational quotes for athletes that will help you in challenging experiences and motivate you never to leave the path of hope.
- “Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible.” – Frank L. Gaines
- “The man who has no imagination has no wings.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Today, you have 100% of your life left.” – Tom Landry
- “A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.” – Mary Lou Retton
- “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- “The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.” – Ernie Banks
- “I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.” – Bruce Jenner
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
- “One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.” – Knute Rockne
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
- “It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.” –Evander Holyfield
- “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer
- “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” – Pele
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred Devito
- “Victory is in having done your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won.” – Billy Bowerman
- “An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.”– Emil Zatopek
- “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
- “There are only two options regarding commitment. You’re either IN or you’re OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.” – Pat Riley
- “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.” – Herb Brooks
- “The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.” – Bobby Knight
- “I don’t plan on being disappointed. We plan on being really good, and obviously, we plan on winning.” – Gregg Troy
- “A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.” – Billie Jean King
- “If you are afraid of failure you don’t deserve to be successful!” – Charles Barkley
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
- “You might not be able to outthink, out market or outspend your competition, but you can outwork them.” – Lou Holtz
- “You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you are to live in peace with yourself.” – Larry Brown
- “What do you do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it.”– Dean Smith
- “I’ve failed over & over & over again in my life & that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.” – Jerry West
- “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” “Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.” – Babe Ruth
- “Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
- “If you have everything under control, you’re not moving fast enough.” – Mario Andretti
- “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.”– Michael Phelps
- “Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.” – Wayne Gretzky
- Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. – Vince Lombardi
- “Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.” – John Wooden
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”– Muhammad Ali
- “What keeps me going is not winning, but the quest for reaching potential in myself as a coach and my kids as divers. It’s the pursuit of excellence.” – Ron O’Brien
- “Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.” – Ross Perot
- “I think sports gave me the first place where this awkward girl could feel comfortable in my own skin. I think that’s true for a lot of women—sports gives you a part of your life where you can work at something and you look in the mirror and you like that person.” – Teri McKeever
- “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”– Dan Gable
- “The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.”– Wayne Gretzky
- “The hardest skill to acquire in this sport is the one where you compete all out, give it all you have, and you are still getting beat no matter what you do. When you have the killer instinct to fight through that, it is very special.” – Eddie Reese
- “Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.” – William A. Ward
- “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” –Muhammad Ali
- “Some people say I have attitude – maybe I do…but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there. ” – Venus Williams
- “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
- “A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.” – Pat Riley
- “Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” – Vince Lombardi
- “If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.” – Jack Lemmon
- “Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.” – Casey Stengel
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.”— Vince Lombardi
The famous athletes dedicated their whole life to sports. They struggle a lot to achieve a rank in life. It is the reason for that struggle that sets them apart.
They need some inspiration, which helps them in this struggling process. The athletes get this inspiration from anywhere, sometimes from the trainer or cheering of people, and sometimes it comes from deep inside.
People have fear to reach failure in life, but your loss is actually the path of your success. If you stop at that time, you never succeed in life. You will have to overcome the fear of failure and never give up in any situation in life.
Sometimes the motivation that you needed is in the form of a quote. The fitness quotes from famous athletes will help you to stay motivated. These quotes will encourage you on the days when you find it hard to be motivated.