Bill Belichick Quotes – A professional American Soccer (football) Coach who was a famous and widely loved head coach of the New England Patriots of the NFL (National Football League). He contains ultimate authority over the operations of Patriots effectively and is a genuinely great manager of his team.
He earns various coaching records including a recorded 6 Super Bowls as the head coach of one of the famous teams named Patriots along with two more defensive coordinators for the NYG (New York Giants), and plenty of others.
He is indeed known and happens to be one of the most amazing, greatest, wise, intelligent, and most experienced coaches in NFL history. He has started his career in 1975 while starting with the tag of defensive coordinator for New York Giants in 1985 while with the head coach Bill Parcells.
Here are some successful and amazing Bill Belichick quotes that inspire your life and help you move on the right path while much-needed motivation.
52 Uplifting Bill Belichick Sayings and Proverbs
- “There’s no quarterback I’d rather have than Tom Brady. He’s the best.” – Bill Belichick
- “We’ll worry about next week next week.” – Bill Belichick
- “I’m not afraid of these guys. It’s either [them] or me. We can’t run a team like this.” – Bill Belichick
- “To live in the past is to die in the present.” – Bill Belichick
- “You have to go with the person who you have the most confidence in, the most consistent. And if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work, but I’m going down with that person.” – Bill Belichick
- “Don’t out-dumb yourself now.” – Bill Belichick
- “We can always look back and second-guess things that were or weren’t done, but I’d say really the most important thing for us is to look at future decisions and try to make the best ones that we can.” – Bill Belichick
- “If you like football, and you like to come in and work on football, then the New England Patriots is a great place to be. If you don’t, if it’s a job, if you’d rather be doing something else, honestly you’d be better off with another team.” – Bill Belichick
- “Mental toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it’s not the best thing for you.” – Bill Belichick
- “There have been times when I’ve put too much responsibility on people. … They might have been the most talented, or the people you hoped would do the right or best thing, and they didn’t come through.” – Bill Belichick
- “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that.” – Bill Belichick
- “This won’t be good enough. It wasn’t good enough today. It won’t be good enough against anybody else, either.” – Bill Belichick
- “I think we always try to do what’s best for the football team, and that’s a combination of long-term and short-term.” – Bill Belichick
- “There are a lot of things that affect what happens on the field that occur off the field.” – Bill Belichick
“If you work hard and you’re coachable, and you understand what you need to do, you can improve.” – Bill Belichick
- “You get the job done or you don’t.” – Bill Belichick
- “You [have to] know what the opponents can do, what their strengths and weaknesses are … [and] what to do in every situation!” – Bill Belichick
- “When you get wet, it usually means something good.” – Bill Belichick
- “If you sit back & spend too much time feeling good about what you did in the past, you’re going to come up short next time.” – Bill Belichick
- “I’d rather be at the top of the list than the bottom, let’s put it that way.” – Bill Belichick
- “What we can control is our performance and our execution, and that’s what we’re going to focus on.” – Bill Belichick
- “Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.” – Bill Belichick
- “There’s no medals for trying. This isn’t like eighth grade where everybody gets a trophy. We are in a professional sport, and it is competitive to win. That’s what we do.” – Bill Belichick
- “…you just control your opportunity to compete, whether you’ve got the ball on their one-yard line or your one-yard line or the score is 30-0 one way or the other or it’s the first game or the last time.” – Bill Belichick
- “It’s not all about talent. It’s about dependability, consistency, and being able to improve.” – Bill Belichick
- “I think that’s what competitors do: they compete, regardless of the score or situation.” – Bill Belichick
- “There are certainly areas that you can improve in and develop more consistency (in).” – Bill Belichick
- “You know, that’s what good quarterbacks do, they make plays when things don’t go perfectly.” – Bill Belichick
- “I don’t think that the issue is talent. It’s more from a consistency standpoint and being able to gain the experience, and do it competitively the right way every time.” – Bill Belichick
- “I think your team evolves every year. The more you know about it, the better you can coach it.” – Bill Belichick
“I believe to have a championship team you want to have a championship team in every area, whether that’s your starting quarterback, your strength coach, your medical staff, your area scouts, whatever it happens to be. We’re trying to work at a championship level of performance in every one of those areas.” – Bill Belichick
- “We try to get as much information as we can and make the best decisions that we can for the football team.” – Bill Belichick
- “This is our best opportunity to pull everything together in terms of substitution, communication, execution, playing on the road, playing in a hostile environment, all of those kinds of things.” – Bill Belichick
- “I think it’s relatively easy to play defense against a team that can only do one thing.” – Bill Belichick
- “I’d say just a quick reflection from me on the year would be, as I said yesterday, how much I respect and appreciate the team and the staff and the sacrifices that everyone has made so that we could even have a season, so that we could play football and play it competitively.” – Bill Belichick
- “On a team, it’s not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.” – Bill Belichick
- “Knowing you have a good backup long snapper allows you to sleep good at night.” – Bill Belichick
- “The only sign we have in the locker room is from ‘The Art Of War’: Every battle is won before it is fought.” – Bill Belichick
- “There are no shortcuts to building a team each season. You build the foundation brick by brick.” – Bill Belichick
- “We prepare hard. We come to the game with 45 guys, and everyone needs to be ready to go.” – Bill Belichick
- “I have plenty of competition in football. I love competition, but I’m not looking to compete in something else.” – Bill Belichick
- “I think practice preparation is always an indicator of game performance – not necessarily 100%, because there are still a lot of variables there, but it’s still an indicator.” – Bill Belichick
- “For a team to accomplish their goals, everybody’s gotta give up a little bit of their individuality.” – Bill Belichick
- “We’re not polishing fine china here.” – Bill Belichick
- “Whatever success I’ve had it is because I’ve tried to understand the situation of the player.” – Bill Belichick
- “We have absolutely done as much work as we can on finding out things like that and we’ll try to get all the information that we can as that would apply to any current situation, which I can’t talk about.” – Bill Belichick
“Whatever success I’ve had it is because I’ve tried to understand the situation of the player. I think the coach’s duty is to avoid complicating matters.” – Bill Belichick
He remained in Cleveland for almost five amazing seasons but later he was fired following the 1995 season of the team. After a successful approach of coaching, he then rejoined Parcells, first in New England (Super Bowl XXXI) and later with the New York Jets.
After being named head coach of the Jets, there comes a flashing change in his life because he got a letter from the New England Patriots management. He then accepted their request for a job for the New English Patriots on January 27, 2000.
“The only thing I can cheer for in Philadelphia is the national anthem.” – Bill Belichick
Belichick then gives his resignation after only one day as head coach of Jets and starts his job over NEP. Afterward, he has led the patriots to 17 AFC East division titles along with 9 Super Bowl appearances as well 13 appearances in the AFC Championship Game. Enjoy these exceptional Bill Belichick Sayings and Proverbs.