Christian D Larson
Christian D. Larson was an American teacher and New Thought leader. He was also a creative author of New Thought and metaphysical books.
Personal Information about Christian D. Larson
Larson was born in 1874 in Iowa and studied at Iowa State College. He also attended Unitarian Theological school in Meadville, Pa. During his early 20s, he studied the Mental Science teachings of Helen Williams, Charles Brodie Patterson, Henry Wood, and other prolific New Thought writers. He has a belief that all people have big latent power within them, which can be improved for success with the right mind and proper attitude.
Christian conducted in his residence the New Thought Temple in 1901. Later that same year, he started to publish books for one of the top New Thought periodicals of the time. It is also the time when he started his writing career, wherein he wrote more than 40 books.
He discovered that combining science and theology can offer a systematic and practical philosophy of life. Larson was recognised in his field and as such had carved acquintances with significant names such as Charles Brodie Patterson, William Walker Atkinson and Home of Truth founder Annie Rix Militz.
Christian D. Larson was married to Georgea L. DuBois on February 14, 1918, and had 2 children, namely Louise Dubois Larson and Christian D. Larson Jr. Christian lived with his family in Beverly Hills for many years and died in 1962. Horatio Dresser credited Larson as being the New Thought movement founder.
Writings of Christian D. Larson
Larson wrote several books such as The Hidden Power, The Optimist Creed, Your Forces and How to Use Them, The Great Within etc. These are available on Amazon.
Christian became a one-time honorary President of the International New Thought Alliance. He launched one of the first journals about positive thinking in 1901 when he was 27 years old, entitled Eternal Progress. He also did meditation known as “The Optimist Creed,” which is considered one of his most enduring works. His books are still in print today, after first publication after almost 100 years. Furthermore, Larson’s writings also influenced notable New Thought leaders and authors such as Ernest Holmes, the Religious Science founder.
Just like other New Thought writers and leaders, Christian D. Larson and his teachings became influential to many people. His writings are aimed to help the readers improve their minds and change their actions to attain the life that they desire.
Christian D Larson Quotes
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”-Christian D Larson
- Whenever you permit yourself to become angry, you weaken the will. Whenever you permit yourself to become offended or hurt you weaken your will. Whenever you permit yourself to become despondent or discouraged, you weaken your will.- Christian D Larson
- “Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything & and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best.”- Christian D Larson
- Forget the mistakes of the past & press on the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.” Christian D Larson
- Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you.”- Christian D Larson
- Remove the sting; remove the whine; remove the sigh. They are your enemies.- Christian D Larson
- One of the principal reasons why so many fail to get what they want is because they do not definitely know what they want, or because they change their wants almost every day. Know what you want and continue to want it. You will get it if you combine desire with faith. The power of desire when combined with faith becomes invincible.”-Christian D Larson
- “In everything, depend upon yourself, but work in harmony with all things.”
- “When anyone is going wrong, it is a mistake to warn him not to go further. It is also a mistake to leave him alone. The proper course is to call his attention to something better, and frame our conversation in such a way that he becomes wholly absorbed in the better. He will then forget his old mistakes, his old faults and his old desires, and will give all his life and power to the building of that better which has engaged his new interest.”- Christian D Larson
- “Never try to compel others to change; leave them free to change naturally and orderly because they want to; and they will want to when they find that your change was worthwhile. To inspire in others a desire to chance for the better is truly noble; but this you can do only by leaving them alone, and becoming more noble yourself.”- Christian D Larson
- “Our success will not come from the acts of our forefathers, but can come alone from what we are doing now. Those who have inherited rich blood can use that richness in building greatness in themselves, but those who have not the privilege of such inheritance need not be discouraged. They can create their own rich blood and make it as rich as they like.”-Christian D Larson
- “The more you complain, the smaller you become, and the fewer will be your friends and opportunities.
- “Be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.”-Christian D Larson
- “The pessimist waits for better times, and expects to keep on waiting; the optimist goes to work with the best that is at hand now, and proceeds to create better times.”-Christian D Larson
- “The habit of giving up when the present task is half ﬁnished and try something else is one of the chief causes of failure.”-Christian D Larson
- “We are always imagining something, It is practically impossible to be awake without imagining something. Then why not imagine something at all times that will inspire the powers within us to do greater and greater things?”-Christian D Larson
- “To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticise others, “-Christian D Larson
- “To live in the world of sighs is to be blind to everything that is rich and beautiful.”-Christian D Larson
- “Life becomes the way it is lived; and man may live the way he wants to live when he learns to think what he wants to think.”- Christian D Larson
- “What you admire in others will develop in yourself. Therefore, to love the ordinary in any one is to become ordinary, while to love the noble and the lofty in all minds is to grow into the likeness of that which is noble and lofty.”- Christian D Larson
- “The master mind is the mind that thinks what it wants to think, regardless of what circumstances, environment or associations may suggest.”-Christian D Larson
- “Hold yourself constantly in a positive, masterful attitude, and fill that attitude with kindness. The result will be that remarkable something that people call personal magnetism.- Christian D Larson
- “The real feeling of youth comes when we actually think in the consciousness of youth and give the realization of the now to every thought.”-Christian D Larson
- “Use the imagination to picture only what is good, what is beautiful, what is beneficial, what is ideal, and what you wish to realize. Mentally see yourself receiving what you deeply desire to receive. What you imagine, you will think, and what you think, you will become. Therefore, if you imagine only those things that are in harmony with what you wish to obtain or achieve, all your thinking will soon tend to produce what you want to attain or achieve.”- Christian D Larson
- “To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words but great deeds. To live in faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”-Christian D Larson
- “The secret of the master mind is found wholly in the use of imagination.”- Christian D Larson
- “Creative energy when retained in the system will give vigour to the body, sparkle to the eye, and genius to the brain.”- Christian D Larson
- “The more grateful you are for everything good that comes into your life, the more closely you place your mind in contact with that power in life that can produce greater good.”- Christian D Larson
- “When your thinking is brilliant, you will be brilliant, but if your thinking is not brilliant you will not be brilliant, no matter how brilliant you may think you are.”- Christian D Larson
- “A man who is morally clean, other things being equal, has in every instance, greater agility, greater capacity, and greater endurance by far than the man who is not. While the latter is wasting his creative energies in useless pleasures, as well as in disease producing habits, the former is turning all of his creative energy into ability and genius, and the result is evident.”-Christian D Larson
- “Nature intends all men and women to be mental and spiritual giants, and does not intend that any one should follow the will of another.”-Christian D Larson
- “When you see evil do not form ideas that are in the likeness of that evil; do not think of the evil as bad, but try to understand the forces that are back of that evil—forces that are good in themselves, though misdirected in their present state. By trying to understand the nature of the power that is back of evil or adversity, you will not form bad ideas, and therefore will feel no bad effects from experiences that may seem undesirable. At the same time, you will think your own thought about the experiences, thereby developing the power of the master mind.”- Christian D Larson
- “When the mind becomes so completely absorbed in perfect health that all sickness is forgotten, all the powers of mind will proceed to create health, and every trace of sickness will soon disappear. When the mind becomes so completely absorbed in higher attainments and in greater achievements that all thought of failure is forgotten, all the forces of mind will begin to work for the promotion of those attainments and achievements. The person will be gaining ground every day, and greater success will positively follow.”- Christian D Larson
- “Our destiny is not mapped out for us by some exterior power; we map it out for ourselves. What we think and do in the present determines what shall happen to us in the future.”-Christian D Larson
- “In everything, depend upon yourself, but work in harmony with all things. Do not depend even upon the Infinite, but learn to work and live in harmony with the Infinite. The highest teachings of the Christ reveal most clearly the principle that no soul was created to be a mere helpless instrument in the hands of Supreme Power, but that every soul should act and live in perfect oneness with that Power. And the promise is that we all are not only to do the things that Christ did, but even greater things.”
Christian D Larson
- “Depend only upon yourself, but work in harmony with all things.”-Christian D Larson
- “What we love in others we not only awaken in others, but we develop those very things more or less in ourselves.” Christian D Larson
- “The true purpose of the strong is to promote greater strength in the weak, and not to keep the weak in that state where they are at the mercy of the strong.”Christian D Larson
- “The average mind requires a change of environment before he can change his thought. He has to go somewhere or bring into his presence something that will suggest a new line of thinking and feeling. The master mind, however, can change his thought whenever he so desires. A change of scene is not necessary, because such a mind is not controlled from without. A change of scene will not produce a change of thought in the master mind unless he so elects.”Christian D Larson
- “Be too big for worry and too noble for anger.”- Christian D Larson
- “To apply the full building power of thought, we should proceed upon the principle that he can who thinks he can, and weshould act in the full conviction that whatever man thinks he can do, he can do, because there is no limit to the power that such thinking can bring forth.”
- “When someone begins to think that they can apply the power of invention, their mind will begin to act upon the faculty of invention”- Christian D Larson
- “There is no faculty that we all do not possess, either in the active or in the latent state. Every faculty that naturally belongs to the human mind is latent in every mind, and it can be awakened and developed, provided the proper laws are faithfully applied.”- Christian D Larson
- ” In the mean time, we should continue to think that we can do better and better what we are doing now. We shall thereby advance steadily in our present work, and at the same time, prepare ourselves for a greater work in the coming days.”
- “Know what you want and continue to want it. You will get it if you combine desire with faith. The power of desire when combined with faith becomes invincible. – Christian D Larson
- “In fact, a domineering will is weak. It may be seemingly strong on the spur of the moment, but it cannot be applied steadily for any length of time. A strong will, however, is deep, continuous, and persistent. It calls into action your entire individuality, and as you exercise such a will you feel as if a tremendous power from within yourself had been calmly, though persistently aroused.
- “We are here to become great men and women, and with that purpose in view, we must eliminate everything in our religion and philosophy that tends to make the human mind a dependent weakling.” -Christian D Larson
- “Happiness adds life, power, and worth to all your talents and powers. It is most important, therefore, that every moment should be full of joy.- Christian D Larson
- “While you are waiting for an opportunity to improve your time, improve yourself.- Christian D Larsn
- “However much you may do, always remember you have the ability to do more. No one has as yet applied all the ability in their possession. – Christian D Larson