I have done another post on Earl Nightingale but the post would have been too long if I included the Earl Nightingale quotes. He is a man of many wise words and I am not just saying this. The man has been inaugurated on the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame. So this post is just dedicated to the words from the legend that is Earl Nightingale. If you can please read and take each one of them in because they are priceless nuggets of wisdom.
Earl Nightingale Quotes
- What the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve!
- Success is joy and satisfaction in serving others.- Earl Nightingale Quotes
- Happiness comes from direction not arrival. It’s the trip that is enjoyable. Moving toward our goals is more
satisfying than after they’ve been accomplished.
- Don’t be circular and chaotic in your thinking or your life will reflect that. Written reminders help us to hit the bull’s eye time and time again.- Earl Nightingale
- Discontent is measured by the distance between what you want and what you have. Constructive discontent
results in an upward spiral. -Earl Nightingale quotes
- You are in charge of your life to the degree you take charge of your thoughts.
- Man only uses a small percentage of his mental ability. Most people have never learned to think creatively.
- Never underestimate the miracle of your mind!
- If it’s wrong, it’s wrong. Integrity means honesty and truth. -Earl Nightingale
- Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us
- Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; wherever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable.
- You are now, and you do become, what you think about
- Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become reality.
- We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.
- “The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice… it is conformity.
- We tend to live up to our expectations.
- People who have goals succeed because they know where they’re going. It’s that simple
- Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become reality
- When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
- A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read.
- Every one of us is the sum total of his own thoughts
- “A good deal of frustration and unhappiness could be avoided if people would just do what they know they should do.”
- A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed.
- The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.
- As you believe so shall it be done unto you
- One extra hour of study per day and you ‘ll be a national expert in five years or less
- No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others.
- “We will receive not what we idly wish for but what we justly earn. Our rewards will always be in exact proportion to our service.”
Everything begins with an idea.
Problems are challenges to creative minds. Without problems, there would be little reason to think at all.
- Success is not the result of making money; making money is the result of success – and success is in direct proportion to our service.
- “Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about.”
- “Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.”- Earl Nightingale quotes
- A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change.
- William Shakespeare put it this way, “Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
- Even if our home burns down we can rebuild it. But the things that we got for nothing, we can never replace.
- A success is anyone who is doing deliberately a worthy predetermined job, because that’s what he decided to do … deliberately.
- There is a time when one must decide either to risk everything to fulfill one’s dreams or sit for the rest of one’s life in the backyard.
- I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.
- Do each day all that can be done that day. You don’t need to overwork or to rush blindly into your work trying to do the greatest possible number of things in the shortest possible time.
- Work never killed anyone. It’s worry that does the damage. And the worry would disappear if we’d just settle down and do the work.
- “Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm.”
- Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.”
- If your opportunity comes and you are not prepared for it, it will only make you look foolish.
- Think about your goal in a relaxed, positive way.
- Picture yourself in your mind’s eye as having already achieved this goal. See your self doing the things you will be doing when you have reached your goal.
“Attitude” is the magic word. You are responsible for how your life turns out, and your attitude shapes that lifefor better or worse. Develop a winning attitude.
- Don’t take the attitude of waiting for people to be nice to you – be nice to them. Don’t sit in front of a cold stove
waiting for the heat. Put in the fuel. Act first.
- “You can measure opportunity with the same yardstick that measures the risk involved. They go together.”
- Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity. A great attitude is the best preparation.
- The mind is the richest human resource. It is a gold-mine of ideas. Ask yourself every morning, “how can I
increase my service today?”
- Each of us is at this moment standing in the midst of his or her own acres of diamonds. Explore the pasture you are in. Don’t run from one thing to another forever looking for the pot of gold. Stay where you are until you find what you seek
- “Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind.”
- Everyone has the option to work and live on whatever layer of life’s pyramid they choose. The view is better, the air is fresher, the sun shines earlier and later, and the crowd is smaller at the top. – Earl Nightingale
- Knowledge is power. There is power in the written word. All leaders are readers. Anyone who remains ignorant has only his or herself to blame.
- Improve your vocabulary and you will improve your income.- Earl Nightingale quotes
- A life is nothing more than a lot of days put together. Every day must count. Every day is a single building block with which to build your life.
Success will not be attributable to any one day, week or month but rather to the consistent, persistent, successionof single days. Just keep your eye on your goal and continue to grow in competence. Just concentrate on each taskand do it as well as you can. One day at a time, one task at a time. One at a time in their proper order.- Earl Nightingale quotes
- People will always reflect the attitude of the leader. Behind every outstanding success is an outstanding leader.
- The best way to develop security that lasts a lifetime is to become outstanding at one particular line of work
- A leader is any person who realizes the importance of becoming a bigger and better person with the passing of
every day, week and month.
- Whatever we seriously decide to do is naturally linked to our genetic possibilities. Just pursue your natural aptitude.
- Know and have faith that what will come to you will come to you at the right time.
- Everything operates as a result of law, God’s law that is true and unchanging. Having sown you’ll reap the rich
results that come automatically.
- Be a sponge for information that will help you on your way.
- “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now.”
- “Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.”
- “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.”
- “All you have to do is know where you’re going. The answers will come to you of their own accord.”
- “We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn to turn on his or her own light.”
What was your favourite quote? Number 61 supports exactly what Rory Vaden means when he says, Success Is Never Owned, It Is Only Rented: The Rent Axiom
Earl Nightingale was a man who believed that anyone can improve their life if they put their mind to it. Whilst we all have different circumstances through utilising the one powerful thing that we have, our mind, we can rise above circumstances and grasp the success we so desire. This was Earl Nightingale’s message through and through.
In his own words, “Each of us is at this moment standing in the midst of his or her own acres of diamonds. Explore the pasture you are in. Don’t run from one thing to another forever looking for the pot of gold. Stay where you are until you find what you seek.” Sometimes we miss opportunities right before us, thinking that success is somewhere else. Earl Nightingale encourages that we look around us and within. So as you go about your life, start exploring opportunities right before you. How can you improve? What solutions are needed in your neighbourhood, at your work, in your home etc. Therein could be your next opportunity. Most inventors came up with outstanding innovations from right within their home and most things we use today are a result of someone who wanted to solve a problem.
I find Earl Nightingale inspiring because when we awaken to the fact that we can change our lives then we are empowered. We do not need to pay anyone or anything to get started. We can start by changing our attitudes and having the willingness to be the creator in our own lives. That willingness will open doors and opportunities. When we are willing, we are eager to learn, we ask questions and are ready to act. It all starts with attitude.
I hope these Earl Nightingale quotes have inspired you.If you would like to own some of Earl Nightingale’s books, here they are
Please remember to share the inspiration! Thanks for stopping by.