Earl Nightingale today joins my board of Inspirational People! How could he not? From the day I listened to his Lead the Field audio, I understood why he is one of the famous authors of all time! His writing was invigorating. It is no wonder that Terry Savage described Nightingale’s Strangest Secret as one of the great motivational books of all time.
Nightingale was born on December 3, 1989, in Los Angeles, California, USA. His father is Earl the 4th, who abandoned his mother in 1933. His mother moved the family to a tent close to Tent City after his father left.
Today, Earl Nightingale is not only remembered as a motivational author and speaker in America but rather as the “Dean of Personal Development.” In the 1950s, he was the voice of Sky King, a radio adventure series hero. From 1950 to 1956, he was a WGN radio show host. He didn’t stop working with his commercial themes. His genres included psychology, self-help, and nonfiction.
Earl Nightingale’s Military Career
Earl joined the United States Marine Corps at 17 years of age. He was the Camp Lejeune, North Carolina instructor. He was also on the attack on Pearl Harbor in USS Arizona, wherein he was one of the 15 surviving Marines aboard that time.
The famous author won a gold record for his The Strangest Secret LP record album. He also acquired from Toastmasters International the Golden Gavel Award in 1976, and was inaugurated on the National Speakers Association Speaker Hall of Fame.
In 1985, Nightingale was inducted by The National Association of Broadcasters National Radio Hall of Fame. Following the publishing of his first book, Earl Nightingale’s Greatest Discovery, the author was awared the Napoleon Hill Gold Medal for Literary Excellency.
Earl Nightingale recorded over 7000 radio programs. He also had videos and television programs and 250 audio programs. Some of his quotations in The Strangest Secret were used by Belgian famous music band Felix Pallas in their song entitled Song for Melody.
Earl Nightingale Publications
Earl Nightingale was a prolific writer and his legacy includes the following:
- The Strangest Secret
- Lead the Field
- The Essence of Success: 163 Life Lessons from the Dean of Personal Development
- How to Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds
- Acres of Diamonds
- Earl Nightingale’s Greatest Discovery
- The Strangest Secret & Think and Grow Rich
- Creative Thinking
- 20 Minutes That Can Change Your Life
Earl Nightingale Quotes
- Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.
- People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.
- You become what you think about.
- Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.
- All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.
- Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us.
- Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind.
- We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within.
- Everything begins with an idea.
- The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.