Fairness or justice plays an essential role in creating balance and developing societies. Justice is the thing with the help of which the societies hold together. If there is no justice in any society, then the people will not live in peace.
With the help of justice, different nations can uphold the law. This upholding of law is in the form of police or the form of court. In the absence of this justice, it becomes challenging to maintain a balance in society.
For telling you the importance of justice in maintaining different things in life, we have compiled some famous justice quotes from notable people. These quotes might help you in upholding justice in your life and also in society.
Most Popular Justice Quotes
- “Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public.” – Cornel West
- “I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice”.– Albert Camus
- ” Until justice rolls down like water and righteousness like a mighty stream.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you don’t listen to it, you will never know what justice is.” – Howard Zinn
- “Sometimes, the only way to get justice is to take it for yourself.” – Leigh Bardugo
- “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.” – Martin Luther
- “Truth never damages a cause that is just.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The finite is annihilated in the presence of the infinite, and becomes a pure nothing. So our spirit before God, so our justice before divine justice.” – Blaise Pascal
- ” I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.” – Thomas Paine
- ” The only justice is to follow the sincere intuition of the soul, angry or gentle. Anger is just, and pity is just, but judgement is never just.” – D. H. Lawrence
- “Every act, every deed of justice and mercy and benevolence, makes heavenly music in Heaven.” – Ellen G. White
- ” For there is but one essential justice which cements society, and one law which establishes this justice. This law is right reason, which is the true rule of all commandments and prohibitions. Whoever neglects this law, whether written or unwritten, is necessarily unjust and wicked.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “I think that the day a justice forgets that each decision comes at a cost to someone, then I think you start losing your humanity.” – Sonia Sotomayor
- “Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand; it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy”. – Wendell Berry
- ” If you see oppression of the poor, and justice and righteousness trampled in a country, do not be astounded.” – King Solomon
” It takes a great deal of courage to stand alone even if you believe in something very strongly”. – Reginald Rose
- “Man’s capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man’s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
- “Justice is the first virtue of those who command, and stops the complaints of those who obey.” – Denis Diderot
- “Justice is my being allowed to do whatever I like. Injustice is whatever prevents my doing so.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Justice can sleep for years and awaken when it is least expected. A miracle is nothing more than dormant justice from another time arriving to compensate those it has cruelly abandoned. Whoever knows this is willing to suffer, for he knows that nothing is in vain.” – Mark Helprin
- “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.” – William Penn
- ” A just person is one who is conformed and transformed into justice.” – Meister Eckhart
- “An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so. Now the law of nonviolence says that violence should be resisted not by counter-violence but by nonviolence. This I do by breaking the law and by peacefully submitting to arrest and imprisonment.”– Mahatma Gandhi
- “Always seek justice, but love only mercy. To love justice and hate mercy is but a doorway to more injustice”. – Criss Jami
- “I am a strong believer that without justice, there is no peace. No lasting peace, anyway.” – Angelina Jolie
- “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.” – Theodore Parker
- “A unjust law, is no law at all. – Martin Luther
- In the rush for justice it is important not to lose sight of principles the country holds dear.” – Kofi Annan
- ” A man must be willing to die for justice. Death is an inescapable reality and men die daily, but good deeds live forever.” – Jesse Jackson
“Couldn’t help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land where justice is a game.” – Bob Dylan
- ” Justice, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Some see an innocent victim. Others will see evil incarnate getting exactly what’s deserved.” – Emily Thorne
- “It is not, what a lawyer tells me I may do; but what humanity, reason, and justice, tell me I ought to do.” – Edmund Burke
- “Against eternal injustice, man must assert justice, and to protest against the universe of grief, he must create happiness.” – Albert Camus
- “When there’s justice and change, you start to see the cleansing of the soul, and that is what I want for people, and I hope it’s okay for me to say those things.”– Lady Gaga
- “A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.” – George R.R. Martin
- “Knowledge which is divorced from justice may be called cunning rather than wisdom.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- ” If karma doesn’t catch up, God will surely pick up the slack.” – Anthony Liccione
- ” If we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us.” – Francis Bacon
- “Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all.”– Edmund Burke
- ” I believe in justice, and I believe in people being held responsible for their actions.” – Bruce Willis
- “Justice, particularly for the oppressed and marginalized in our society, never comes without great effort and sacrifice.” – Shaun King
- “Obstacles may retard, but they cannot long prevent the progress of a movement sanctioned by its justice and sustained by a virtuous people.” – Jefferson Davis
- ” If justice takes place, there may be hope, even in the face of a seemingly capricious divinity.” – Alberto Manguel
- ” I think there are people from every side who are allies for justice and good.” – Hasan Minhaj
“The acid test of any legal system is not the greatness or the grandeur of its ideal concepts, but whether, in fact, it is able to produce order and justice.” – Lee Kuan Yew
The notion of balance lies in the concept of justice. With the help of justice, people will come to know about what is right, appropriate, and fair in life. Sometimes people have a different concept of justice for themselves and others.
When we think about the concept of justice for ourselves, we feel all of us deserve equal treatment and opportunities. But for others, it is not more than a way of legitimate by which we can take revenge from others.
“In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?”– St. Augustine
The concept of justice is more than right and wrong in life. The concept of justice must be equal. It must be the same, even for the rich and even for the poor. Faith is the real power in the achievement of justice.
If you have faith, then you will get justice. By reading the quotes of justice, you will know about the real meaning of justice and fairness. What do you think about these justice quotes? Do let us know in the comments section.