Kevin Gates Quotes – Kevin Jerome Gilyard (born February 5, 1986) is an American rapper, entrepreneur, and singer who is better known by his stage name Kevin Gates. This folk is currently signed to Bread Winners Association with a partnership with Atlantic Records.
He got a long and hardworking career that is still going but he faces loads of hardships during his journey. He debuted his career through the studio album, Islah, which was released in 2016 January and peaked at number two over the chart of US Billboard 200.
He then also released several mixtapes such as By Any Means, Luca Brasi 2, Stranger than Fiction, all of which peaked in the top-40 over the billboard chart.
Here are some amazing Kevin Gates Quotes that help you get inspiration or real knowledge. There is plenty of amazing saying that inspires you in the best possible way.
38 Kevin Jerome Gilyard Proverbs and Sayings
- “Any artist that’s as serious about making music as I am, I’m cool with that. But if you tellin’ me, “Man, send me a verse and I’m a send you a verse.” No. That’s not collaborating. We don’t know each other and I’m serious about this music.” – Kevin Gates
- “I don’t pay attention to sales because it’s not about that for me. It’s about the music. Music is all I have.” – Kevin Gates
- “I just always wanted to study human behavior because every psychologist that I would talk to would tell me I was bipolar, and I know I’m not bipolar, so I had to perform a psychoanalysis on myself to find out that I have unresolved grief.” – Kevin Gates
- “I suffer from depression. Severe cases of it. Not one case of depression, not a severe case, but severe cases of depression. Music is my only outlet, it’s therapeutic to me. It’s a release. It’s how I vent emotionally.” – Kevin Gates
- “The ones that hate you most tend to be the people you know.” – Kevin Gates
- “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure.” – Kevin Gates
“Money coming, money gotta flip it. I ain’t waiting on nobody, I’mma go get it.” – Kevin Gates
- “The things that are most difficult for me to put into words and speak about, I put into my music. I’m just super passionate about my craft and super passionate about what I do.” – Kevin Gates
- “Whatever I have a natural love for or respect or admiration for, I tattoo it on my body. My next tattoo is probably going to be Muhammad Ali. I’ve got Bob Marley, I’ve got Elvis, I’ve got Malcolm X. I’ve got so many tattoos. It’s crazy. I’m really running out of space. But when I go get tattoos, it’s therapeutic for me also.” – Kevin Gates
- “Without an understanding of bad…how can one truly have an appreciation of good.” – Kevin Gates
- “Anything lost, can be found again, except for time wasted. A vision without action is merely a dream. Action, it’s the grind, it’s the hustle, it’s the persistence.” – Kevin Gates
- “I came in the game with a different attitude than I have now. And I had to grow. I had to mature. In that growth and in that maturity, that point of maturity I realized that ay, the people that interview me, we really only having a conversation. And they not from the same walk of life that I am, so my life is super interesting to them.” – Kevin Gates
- “I got 6 jobs, I don’t get TIRED!” – Kevin Gates
- “I live by the ten percent rule. Save one, you save a thousand.” – Kevin Gates
- “I’m a big skeptic so I won’t just go off what an individual may tell me. I gotta do the research. I’ma get different literature on that one subject and just compare and contrast. I do my own selective studies.” – Kevin Gates
- “I’ve always stood on my own two. I don’t need a team. I don’t do the entourage thing, 30 people, I don’t do that. That’s just not me.” – Kevin Gates
- “Wise men change, fools stay the same.” – Kevin Gates
- “Music’s the most therapeutic thing for me. Because I suffer with depression, and it’s my only form of releasing it. Just as you do with your recorder, I record my thoughts. I vent. It’s a channel. I’m an introvert when it comes to displaying my emotion. And because I’m such an introvert, the best thing for me to do is to talk to the mic.” – Kevin Gates
- “Or help them get to the root of the problem. Or help them find out what the problem is. Because the problem lies with self, and a lot of times we don’t look inward as individuals. We always look for something else as a substitute, as a pacifier. You have to look at self first.” – Kevin Gates
- “To inform, to improve, to make better, and I believe that’s what my first daughter did to me, so I named my first album after my first daughter.” – Kevin Gates
- “When you come up in the slums, having nothin’ make you humble” – Kevin Gates
“Yea I’m a convicted felon..I also have a masters in psychology, I also scored a 31 on my ACT at 16 in jail.” – Kevin Gates
- “I can’t say any artist inspired me, because I’m inspired by the things that go on around me.” – Kevin Gates
- “I got it out tha mud, ain’t nobody ever gave me nothing.” – Kevin Gates
- “I love God, I love everybody else around me as myself, and I love my enemy.” – Kevin Gates
- “I’m a perfect imperfection. My craft has been perfected. I just need affection, emotionally. I’m an introvert but it come off as aggression.” – Kevin Gates
- “I’ve had good times and I’ve had bad times and I reminisce, maybe when I lay down, but throughout my day I keep myself engulfed in whatever moment I’m in because it could steer me into a depressed state.” – Kevin Gates
- “It’s about really really being who you are as an individual and not apologizing for it, that’s what it is. I can feel the growth from my first mixtape to now. On every song, I want to give you a piece of who I am as an individual.” – Kevin Gates
- “My daily conversation, it consists of hustle. Grinding from the bottom sick and tired of struggle.” – Kevin Gates
- “I have trouble with letting go. That’s my problem. Anybody that has extreme highs and extreme lows is bipolar to any psychologist and that’s not necessarily the truth.” – Kevin Gates
- “Wealth is not of the pocket. It’s of the heart. It’s of the mind. I live like that. You could give me a fish and feed more for a day, but if you teach me to fish, you’ve fed me forever. So that’s really my philosophy with it all.” – Kevin Gates
- “You can learn from a dummy. You can watch a dummy and learn what not to do. I’ve always been an observant individual. You don’t know how much you love something until you can’t do it. That’s one thing I can say that I learned. I learned how much I love music.” – Kevin Gates
- “Breathing is so important with physical activity, then how much more important is it with psychological activity?” – Kevin Gates
“I don’t give anyone a reason to hate me, they create their own drama out of pure jealousy. Keep ears opened, mouth closed.” – Kevin Gates
You can also like and share these quotes with your family members through your desired social platforms. Let’s come to his history as he and his family relocated to New Orleans, Louisiana before settling in Baton Rouge.
Gates was born to a Puerto Rican mother and an African American father. He and his entire family relocated to New Orleans, Louisiana before settling in Baton Rouge.
One of the most shocking things about Kevin Gates is that he got arrested for the first time at the age of 13 in 1999 for joyriding in a stolen vehicle as a passenger. He lost contact with his father at a young age but reconnected with him after a shorter span.
His father left the world from AIDS when he was just 14. When he was 17, Kevin Gates briefly attended Baton Rouge community college. Kevin Jerome Gilyard is of Moroccan and Puerto Rican Descent.