Lou Holtz Quotes – Lou Holtz is a famous footballer of America. He is also a coach and analyst. After receiving his master’s degree, he started his career as a coach. Under his coaching, the national championship was won by the Ohio State Buckeyes football team.
Several teams have won many matches in the brilliant coaching of Lou Holtz. Lou Holtz is not only a coach but also a motivational speaker. People acclaimed that he is one of the best motivational speakers.
He, with his speeches, inspires athletes and other players. He motivates others and gives everyone a lesson. According to Lou Holtz, life always gives opportunities to everyone.
But most of the time, people don’t realize that life-giving them the opportunity. For you, we have listed some of the famous Lou Holtz quotes. These motivational quotes will inspire you.
Inspiring and Motivational Lou Holtz Quotes
2. “Don’t be a spectator, don’t let life pass you by.” – Lou Holtz
3. “Nothing on this earth is standing still. It’s either growing or it’s dying. No matter if it’s a tree or a human being.” – Lou Holtz
4. “God answers prayers, but he doesn’t always answer it your way.” – Lou Holtz
5. “If you burn your neighbors’ house down, it doesn’t make your house look any better.” – Lou Holtz
6. “I think that we have opportunities all around us. Sometimes we just don’t recognize them.” – Lou Holtz
7. “Successful people will always tell you that you can do something. It’s the people who have never accomplished anything who will always discourage you from trying to achieve excellent things.” – Lou Holtz
8. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” – Lou Holtz
9. “Everyone goes through adversity in life, but what matters is how you learn from it.” – Lou Holtz
10. “No one has ever drowned in sweat.” – Lou Holtz
11. “You’ll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him.” – Lou Holtz
12. “It is a fine thing to have an ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test.” – Lou Holtz
13. “I think that everybody needs four things in life. Everybody needs something to do regardless of age. Everybody needs someone to love. Everybody needs something to hope for, and of course, everybody needs someone to believe in.” – Lou Holtz
14. “If you’re bored with life, you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things, you don’t have enough goals.” – Lou Holtz
15. “Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” – Lou Holtz
16. “The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.” – Lou Holtz
17. “The greatest power God gave us is the power to choose. We have the opportunity to choose whether we’re going to act or procrastinate, believe or doubt, pray or curse, help or heal. We also choose whether we’re going to be happy or whether we’re going to be sad.” – Lou Holtz
18. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
19. Best Lou Holtz Quotes “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” – Lou Holtz
21. “Everyone wants to win on Saturday afternoon when the game is played. It’s what you do the other six days that decides the outcome.” – Lou Holtz
22. “Don’t tell your problems to people. 80% don’t care, and the other twenty percent are glad you have them.” – Lou Holtz
23. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
24. “You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.” – Lou Holtz
25. “Everybody is looking for instant success, but it doesn’t work that way. You build a successful life one day at a time.” – Lou Holtz
26. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
27. “You might not be able to outthink, outmarket or outspend your competition, but you can outwork them.” – Lou Holtz
28. “We aren’t where we want to be. We aren’t where we ought to be. But thank goodness we aren’t where we used to be.” – Lou Holtz
29. “It’s always better to face the truth, no matter how uncomfortable, than to continue coddling a lie.” – Lou Holtz
30. “There are certain things in this world we all have in common such as time. Everybody has 60 seconds to a minute, 60 minutes to an hour, 24 hours to a day. The difference is what we do with that time and how we use it.” – Lou Holtz
31. “Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated.” – Lou Holtz
32. “In life, be a participant, not a spectator.” – Lou Holtz
33. “Only the unprepared are overcome by pressure.” – Lou Holtz
#34. “You must have dreams and goals if you are ever going to achieve anything in this world.” – Lou Holtz
35. “The answers to these questions will determine your success of failure. 1. Can people trust me to do what’s right? 2. Am I committed to doing my best? 3. Do I care about other people and show it? If the answers to these questions are yes, there is no way you can fail.” – Lou Holtz
36. “Remember that adversity presents us with numerous possibilities for success, if we are just willing to see them.” – Lou Holtz
37. “I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it.” – Lou Holtz
38. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible. Period.” – Lou Holtz
39. “I think life is a matter of choices and that wherever we are, good or bad, is because of choices we make.” – Lou Holtz
41. “Never promise more than you can deliver, but deliver more than you can promise.” – Lou Holtz
42. “Under confidence breeds underachievement.” – Lou Holtz
43. “Making a big life change is pretty scary. But you know what’s even scarier? Regret.” – Lou Holtz
44. “See, winners embrace hard work.” – Lou Holtz
45. “Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crisis that didn’t make me stronger.” – Lou Holtz
46. “You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.” – Lou Holtz
47. “If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven’t done anything today.” – Lou Holtz
48. “Never settle for second when first is available.” – Lou Holtz
49. “You were not born a winner, you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself to be.” – Lou Holtz
50. “Remember. Every day, some ordinary person does something extraordinary. Today, it’s your turn.” – Lou Holtz
The person who is successful in life and has achieved big goals becomes a motivation for others. Lou Holtz has also inspired. As per his quotes, life always gives a lot of chances. Now it is up to you whether you take these opportunities or not.
People who are unsuccessful in life always discourage others. Such people will always discourage you and make you stop from achieving anything in life.
“Don’t be a spectator, don’t let life pass you by.”– Lou Holtz
For achieving the goals and dreams in life, it is very important to listen to a successful person. In achieving dreams, there are difficult times that come in life. At that time, motivational speeches and motivational quotes usually held a lot.
If you are stuck in any field of life and want to get motivation, then Lou Holtz quotes will be the best option for you. Do you like these Lou Holtz quotes? If yes, then do not forget to like and share the article.