Maya Angelou Quotes – Maya Angelou was an actress, dancer and singer. She was also an author, activist and influential poet. Maya Angelou was a versatile actor and known as the finest actor of her time.
Due to her entire journey, she received 50 honorary degrees. Many people focus on the adult and childhood experiences of Maya Angelou. There is a series of 7 autobiographies of Maya. The series focuses on the life of Maya Angelou.
She received a Presidential Medal of freedom. Maya Angelou received this award from President Barack Obama. This award is the highest honors award in America. Her life represents confidence and full of wisdom.
Maya Angelou’s life was a combination of love, happiness, poetry and much more. Her words are a mixture of poetry and knowledge. For you, we have famous quotes by Maya Angelou.
51 Most Popular Maya Angelou Quotes
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
- “My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.” – Maya Angelou
- “While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation.” – Maya Angelou
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Maya Angelou
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
- “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” – Maya Angelou
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
- “You are the sum total of everything you’ve ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot – it’s all there. Everything influences each of us, and because of that I try to make sure that my experiences are positive.” – Maya Angelou
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.” – Maya Angelou
- “A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.” – Maya Angelou
- “Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning.” – Maya Angelou
- “My life has been one great big joke, a dance that’s walked, a song that’s spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself.” – Maya Angelou
- “You can’t forgive without loving. And I don’t mean sentimentality. I don’t mean mush. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say, ‘I forgive. I’m finished with it.”‘ – Maya Angelou
- “All great achievements require time.” – Maya Angelou
- “History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” – Maya Angelou
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” – Maya Angelou
- “I’m convinced of this: Good done anywhere is good done everywhere. For a change, start by speaking to people rather than walking by them like they’re stones that don’t matter. As long as you’re breathing, it’s never too late to do some good.” – Maya Angelou
- “It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody.” – Maya Angelou
- “I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.” – Maya Angelou
- “If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded.” – Maya Angelou
- “I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me.” – Maya Angelou
- “Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.” – Maya Angelou
- I know that when I pray, something wonderful happens. Not just to the person or persons for whom I’m praying, but also something wonderful happens to me. I’m grateful that I’m heard. – Maya Angelou
- I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver. – Maya Angelou
- We can learn to see each other and see ourselves in each other and recognize that human beings are more alike than we are unalike. – Maya Angelou
- My life has been long, and believing that life loves the liver of it, I have dared to try many things, sometimes trembling, but daring still. – Maya Angelou
- Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: ‘I’m with you kid. Let’s go.’ – Maya Angelou
- I believe that every person is born with talent. – Maya Angelou
- At 50, I began to know who I was. It was like waking up to myself. – Maya Angelou
- My greatest blessing has been the birth of my son. My next greatest blessing has been my ability to turn people into children of mine. – Maya Angelou
- In all my work, I try to say, ‘You may be given a load of sour lemons, why not try to make a dozen lemon meringue pies?’ – Maya Angelou
- I know for sure that loves saves me and that it is here to save us all. – Maya Angelou
- Loving someone liberates the lover as well as the beloved. And that kind of love comes with age. – Maya Angelou
- Everyone has at least one story, and each of us is funny if we admit it. You have to admit you’re the funniest person you’ve ever heard of. – Maya Angelou
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. – Maya Angelou
- I wrote some of the worst poetry west from the Mississippi River, but I wrote. And I finally sometimes got it right. – Maya Angelou
- You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. – Maya Angelou
- Courage – you develop courage by doing small things like just as if you wouldn’t want to pick up a 100-pound weight without preparing yourself. – Maya Angelou
- I believe that each of us comes from the Creator trailing wisps of glory. – Maya Angelou
- Nothing succeeds like success. Get a little success, and then just get a little more. – Maya Angelou
- A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. – Maya Angelou
- Don’t get older just to get wiser. If you get older, you will be wiser, I believe that – if you dare. But get older because it’s fun! – Maya Angelou
- I respect myself and insist upon it from everybody. And because I do it, I then respect everybody, too. – Maya Angelou
- It is a no-fail, incontrovertible reality: If you get, give. If you learn, teach. You can’t do anything with that except do it. – Maya Angelou
- There’s something which impels us to show our inner souls. The more courageous we are, the more we succeed in explaining what we know. – Maya Angelou
If you want other people to remember you, then you have to treat them wisely and with respect. People forget the words and forget what you did in life. But if you treat them politely, then people will always remember you.
Even after your death, they will still remember you in a different situation. So, try to treat everyone with an open heart. Everyone in this world is the creation of God. So, if you want that other people remember you and love you.
Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. – Maya Angelou
Then you have to treat the creation of God with kindness. Maya Angelou always treats others in a good way. She always remembers that everyone in this world is special, and it is her responsibility to treat them with love.