Abraham Lincoln was one of the most famous politicians. He was a shopkeeper and became a lawyer, and held the highest office rank in his country. He fights a lot for giving equal rights to the people of his country.
Abraham Lincoln also fought for the democracy and liberty of the people. Abraham Lincoln believed in the statement that “of the people, by the people, for the people.”
By his strong action, he has a powerful impact on the life of people. Abraham Lincoln was a great leader. He also became the 16th president of the United States of America. His leadership inspires others in their life. He has inspired many people through his life struggle.
Here are some of the famous Abraham Lincoln leadership quotes that you will surely like. By reading these quotes, you will come to know the real meaning of leadership.
Inspiring Abraham Lincoln Leadership Quotes
- “Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “The ballot is stronger than the bullet.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “Someday, I shall be President.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker, the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “Don’t interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “Republicans are for both the man and the dollar, but in case of conflict the man before the dollar.”-Abraham Lincoln
- Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors to bullets.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose – and you allow him to make war at pleasure.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” -Abraham Lincoln
“No man is good enough to govern another man without the other’s consent.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Be with a leader when he is right, stay with him when he is still right, but, leave him when he is wrong.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how – the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what’s said against me won’t amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference.” -Abraham Lincoln
- .”Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
- “When the conduct of men is designed to be influenced, persuasion, kind, unassuming persuasion, should ever be adopted. It is an old and a true maxim, that ‘a drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Anybody will do for you, but not for me.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.”– Abraham Lincoln
- “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.”– Abraham Lincoln
- “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.”– Abraham Lincoln
- “You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”– Abraham Lincoln
- “You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.”– Abraham Lincoln
“It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”– Abraham Lincoln
- “Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.”– Abraham Lincoln
- “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Get books, sit yourself down anywhere, and go to reading them yourself.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” – Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln has a great inspirational story. His life struggle will help you move forward in life, even in your hard time. When you have dreams in life and want to achieve those dreams, many problems may arise.
You should read the Abraham Lincoln quotes because they will help you overcome these problems and move forward in life. Abraham Lincoln faces many difficulties in his life, but his determination and willingness to achieve something helped him achieve big things.
“When I get ready to talk to people, I spend two-thirds of the time thinking what they want to hear and one third thinking about what I want to say.”– Abraham Lincoln
He was never afraid of taking the risk in life. The excellent leadership of Abraham Lincoln teaches others how to move forward as a leader. These Abraham Lincoln quotes will help you to develop the leadership quality in yourself.
By reading these quotes, you will learn not to move forward alone but to take others with yourself. Do like, comment, and share this article with your friends.