Denzel Washington is a director, producer, and professional actor of America. He has played many characters in different movies. The characters that Denzel Washington plays looks like a reality. He is passionate about his work, which you can see in his acting.
Denzel Washington starts his career with a humble beginning and tries hard to achieve his dreams. The life of Denzel Washington is full of lessons. He teaches others how to work hard to achieve their dreams and desires.
For inspiring you, we have added a few popular Denzel Washington quotes in this article. By reading these quotes, you will learn how to overcome challenges and work hard to achieve success.
51 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success
- “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.” – Denzel Washington
- “I never really had the classic struggle. I had faith.” – Denzel Washington
- “My faith helps me understand that circumstances don’t dictate my happiness, my inner peace.” – Denzel Washington
- “I still have my unemployment books and I remember when I worked for the sanitation department and the post office.” – Denzel Washington
- “You don’t know when you’re being watched. That’s one of the weird things about celebrity. It’s my least favorite part of acting, celebrity.” – Denzel Washington
- “My mother used to tell me man gives the award, God gives the reward. I don’t need another plaque.” – Denzel Washington
- “The time to worrying about flying is when you’re on the ground. When you’re up in the air, it’s too late. No point in worrying about it then.” – Denzel Washington
- “I don’t concern myself with awards. I’ve been to the party enough times to know it really didn’t matter.”– Denzel Washington
- “It’s simple: You get a part. You play a part. You play it well. You do your work and you go home. And what is wonderful about movies is that once they’re done, they belong to the people. Once you make it, it’s what they see. That’s where my head is at.” – Denzel Washington
- “Never help an ungrateful person get up on their feet. It’s like telling a wolf that you’re a sheep.” – Denzel Washington
- “What it taught me was forgiveness. It taught me that when people present themselves in a certain way, there’s probably some back story or issue or reason for the way that they are. It’s not you. It’s them. And a lot of times, its about something that’s completely out of their control.”― Denzel Washington
- “Fall forward!” ― Denzel Washington
- “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
- “I’m very proud to be black, but black is not all I am. That’s my cultural historical background, my genetic makeup, but it’s not all of who I am nor is it the basis from which I answer every question.” – Denzel Washington
- “If you don’t trust the pilot, don’t go.” – Denzel Washington
- “My mother never gave up one me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back.” – Denzel Washington
“Where I think the most work needs to be done is behind the camera, not in front of it.” – Denzel Washington
- “Acting is just a way of making a living, the family is life.” – Denzel Washington
- “When I did A Soldier’s Story, I was very young and green and thought I knew everything-now I know I know everything!” – Denzel Washington
- “Goals on the road to achievement cannot be achieved without discipline and consistency.” – Denzel Washington
- “At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about what you’ve done with those accomplishments. It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” – Denzel Washington
- “So you never know who you touch. You never know how or when you’ll have an impact, or how important your example can be to someone else.” ― Denzel Washington
- “I made a commitment to completely cut out drinking and anything that might hamper me from getting my mind and body together. And the floodgates of goodness have opened upon me – spiritually and financially.” – Denzel Washington
- “In any profession it gets to be a grind.” – Denzel Washington
- “Black or white good parts are hard to come by. A good actor with a good opportunity has a shot; without the opportunity it doesn’t matter how good you are.” – Denzel Washington
- “You have to grab moments when they happen. I like to improvise and ad-lib.”– Denzel Washington
- “I work hard for the audience. It’s entertainment. I don’t need validation.” – Denzel Washington
- “If I am a cup maker, I’m interested in making the best cup I possibly can. My effort goes into that cup, not what people think about it.” – Denzel Washington
- “My ultimate life dream project is my kids. My family.” – Denzel Washington
- “I’ve worked in a factory. I was a garbage man. I worked in a post office. It’s not that long ago. I like to think that I’m just a regular guy.” – Denzel Washington
- “I’ve been fortunate. I don’t pick scripts. Scripts pick me.” – Denzel Washington
- “A wise woman knows the importance of speaking life into her man. If you love him, believe in him, encourage him, and be his peace.” – Denzel Washington
- “Why do we close our eyes when we pray, cry, kiss, or dream? Because the most beautiful things in life are not seen but felt by the heart.” – Denzel Washington
- “We have all received our share of good fortune, so that’s my definition of much. A single blessing is all the bounty in the world, and if you’ve been blessed at all you’re meant to pass some of that on. You’re meant to set a positive example. That’s our responsibility.” ― Denzel Washington
- “Dreams without goals remain dreams.” –Denzel Washington
- “Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Don’t be afraid to fail big, to dream big.” –Denzel Washington
“You only live once so do what you feel passionate about” –Denzel Washington
- “Dreams are great. In fact, dreams are necessary in life or no one would ever go anywhere! But a dream without a goal, and without action, has no opportunity to come true.”Denzel Washington
- “Give other peoples opinions their right significance. Take advice if it is constructive, and learn from it. But do not build your life based around the opinions of others. Trust yourself and trust your choices.”- Denzel Washington
- “The chances you take, the people you meet, the people you love, the faith that you have. That’s what’s going to define you.” –Denzel Washington
- “The only thing stopping you from achieving your dreams are the stories you keep telling yourself that you can’t. Don’t wait- act now. Regret nothing.” –Denzel Washington
- “Faith will get you to a point. Luck will get you to a point. But to achieve the kind of success you dream about, you need to WORK. There are no shortcuts, you can’t cheat life, just get to work and don’t stop until you reach your highest potential.” –Denzel Washington
- “Faith is the confidence, the assurance, the enforcing truth, the knowing.”- Denzel Washington
- “Never confuse movement with progress. Because you can run in place and not get anywhere.” –Denzel Washington
- “Never compromise on who you are. You are born with the capacity to achieve greatness if you so desire. Learning to say no is a critical element to accessing that greatness. Your choices will define you; so make them the right ones.” –Denzel Washington
- “When you do good, you get good! Fulfilment comes from serving others, not just hustling to serve yourself. On the path to success, there is always going to be an opportunity to help someone else be successful too. Take that opportunity, and be the kind of person who makes a difference in the lives of others.” –Denzel Washington
“Put God first in everything you do. Everything that I have is by the grace of God, I understand that. It’s a gift. I didn’t always stick with Him, but He stuck with me.” -Denzel Washington
If you are among those people who dream big and want to do something for themselves but quit after facing a lot of challenges, then you should read these quotes by Denzel Washington.
People, due to challenges in their dreams, become disappointed. People want success in their lives without facing difficulties. Denzel Washington’s journey was also full of challenges and problems, but he never steps back in life.
“I’d be more frightened by not using whatever abilities I’d been given. I’d be more frightened by procrastination and laziness.” – Denzel Washington
According to Denzel, if you want to make more money, want love, or success in life, you have to move on. It is essential to manage the stress and stop criticizing others if you want to achieve something.
If you want more in your life then for getting this you will have to think positively. For inspiring you and making you think positively, the Denzel Washington quotes will help you a lot.
You will learn how to fight with challenges and move forward. Do let us know your views in the comment and also like and share this article.