Anthony Robbins: A Visionary to Help Individuals and Businesses to Succeed
Before we get to Anthony Robbins quotes the man deserves an introduction surely! So will start off with giving you some background to who he is.
If you have ever read Anthony Robbins’s books or perhaps watched him speak, you will not be surprised why I have him on this blog. He is one of the most sought after inspirational people and a motivational speaker whose skills have helped several individuals and businesses to succeed.
Anthony Robbins (aka Tony Robbins) was born on February 29 1960 in California, USA. At an early age, Robbins discovered his talent when it comes to public speaking and banked on it for his future endeavors. He also fell in love with reading the works of some of the notable inspirational writers like Ralph Waldo Emerson and Dale Carnegie. Instead of going to college, Robbins decided to take a job in organizing seminars for Jim Rohn, an inspirational speaker of our time. Apart from that, he also got his training from john Grinder, a co-developer of “modeling” and a linguist. “Modeling” is a method wherein a trainee gains success by copying both the unconscious and conscious behavior of a successful person.
It was in the 1980s that Robbins started conducting his seminars. These were labeled as secular revival meetings. Inspired by Grinder’s Neuro-Linguistic Programming (which highlights firewalking to build confidence), Robbins incorporated the said regimen to his own seminars. He was enjoying his success and then ventured into writing books, television infomercials, and producing audiobooks, DVDs, and smartphone apps. In 2010, he also hosted a reality TV show called “Breakthrough With Tony Robbins.”
As a motivational speaker, he focuses on his target market, which is revolving around financial success. His services are tailor-fit, especially for business owners, entrepreneurs, and wealthy individuals and personalities. Some of the most notable personalities that Robbins has worked with were Marc Benioff (Salesforce.com founder) and Danny Meyer (Shake Shack). He has also coached top athletes and entertainers like Golden State Warriors, Serena Williams, Pitbull, and Aerosmith. To date, his most notable event was a yearly 6-day seminar that has been flocked by thousands of participants. And these people have been willing to pay thousands of dollars to secure their seats.
Apart from being an author and inspirational speaker, Robbins is also a philanthropist. He has partnered with Feeding America. In the last 5 years, he was able to provide 500 million meals for hungry people. His goal for the next 5 years is to cater to 1 billion meals. His philanthropic acts do not stop there. He is also actively taking part in various programs in schools, prisons, shelters, and service organizations. His impact is also not just confined in the United States of America. In fact, he is providing freshwater in India to 250,000 daily in order to combat waterborne disease. After all, this has been the number one killer of children in India.
Robbins has writtend several motivational books, lets take a look at some of them.
The book is referred to as the step by step guide to money mastery. It has around 200 pages and is split into 9 Chapters and the first Chapter is titled Unshakeable. In this book, Robbins’s aim is teach us how to be able to manage our finances in an uncertain world. How to find stability, thus remain unshakeable when there is financial mayhem elsewhere. Anthony Robbins writes,
“We are not going to become unshakeable through wishful thinking….You need the insights, the tools, the expertise and specific strategies that will empower you to achieve true and lasting prosperity. The big purpose of this small book is to provide you with that essential knowledge. It will give you a complete playbook for financial success, so that you and your family wont ever again have to live in fear or uncertainty but can enjoy the journey with true peace of mind. “
Therefore this is a hand book for those who want to know how to manage finance and remain resolute when there is chaos everywhere.
This is a 450 page book split into 21 Chapters. It is a big book with lots of lessons to ensure that you reach your full potential. In the book Anthony Robbins shows us how we can manage our own inner power to become more successful. For example in Chapter 3, he talks about the Power of State, which is the power of our emotional state. He mentions how some states are unproductive and others productive. The same person can perform exceptionally or underperform all depending on the current state. Robbins writes,
“The difference between those who fail to achieve their goals in life and those who succeed is the difference between those who cannot put themselves in supportive state and those who can consistently put themselves in a state that supports them in their achievements.”
So in this book, you will find tips on how to make sure that you are consistently in a resourceful state of mind. In a way, I find the Power of State similar to Abraham Hicks‘s message that how we feel has a lot to do with our outcomes.
In the same book, Anthony Robbins also talks about The Seven Lies of Success.
The Seven Lies of Success- Anthony Robbins
1. Everything happens for a purpose, and serves us
This is where we shift our mentality of looking at events. Instead of saying, ‘why is this happening to me?’ A better response would be ‘what can I learn from this?’ With that attitude and mindset we will be able to use every circumstance to our advantage whether it is good or bad. We quickly move on from complaining about an event and immediately see it as an opportunity.
2. There is no such thing as failure, only results
Again this is about mindset. When we begin to look at failure as merely a result, all of a sudden we are not stuck. We realise we can just overcome and try for another different result. This is how successful people think, they do not let failure get to them, instead they see it as merely a result and carry on.
3. Whatever happens, take responsibility
This is a very liberating outlook on life. Instead of being a victim of circumstance, you take ownership of any situation and take responsibility. If the ship is not where you want it to be, you become the captain and steer it in the right direction.
4. You don’t need to understand everything, to use everything
Successful people look at the bigger picture rather than get boggled down with the nitty gritty. By looking at the bigger picture, they avoid the confusion associated with some unnecessary details. They achieve clarity and with the vision guiding them they are able to nail the solution on the head more clearly.
5. People are your greatest resource
We are all in it together so to speak. Without the people to lead, a leader cannot be a leader. A good leader will recognise that they cannot do everything but instead delegate and value their team members. They allow their team members to thrive in their roles so they are more productive. When teams are working harmoniously they unleash the power of leverage and resulting in great outcomes.
6. Work is play
This principle teaches us to focus on doing what we love, what comes naturally and what we would do even if no one paid us. When you are awake to this principle you awaken to your talents and don’t waste your energy doing a job you detest. We must enjoy our work just like play.
7. There is no success without commitment
As Bob Proctor says, “stick with it like a postage stamp until you get there.” Half hearted attempts will lead to half baked results. So to succeed in life there is need for commitment and dedication. Top athletes put in hours of exercise, make wise food choices and research their sport. The same approach is applicable to any area of life that we want to see success.
So that’s a quick look of some of Anthony Robbins’books. If you want to explore more of his books, they are available on Amazon.
Anthony Robbins Quotes
- “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.” Tony Robbins
- “It’s your unlimited power to create and to love that can make the biggest difference in the quality of your life” Tony Robbins
- “My definition of success is to live your life in a way that causes you to feel a ton of pleasure and very little pain – and because of your lifestyle, have the people around you feel a lot more pleasure than they do pain.” Tony Robbins
- “Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning we give it.”
- Anthony Robbins
- “Success is buried on the other side of rejection.”-Anthony Robbins
“By changing nothing, nothing changes.” Tony Robbins
- “Repetition is the mother of skill.” Tony Robbins
- “Things do not have meaning. We assign meaning to everything.” Tony Robbins
- “Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear.” Tony Robbins
- “Never the site of setting a goal without first taking some form of positive action towards its attainment.” Tony Robbins
- “Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant.” Tony Robbins
- “Lasting change is different than a goal. You don’t always get your goals, but you always get your standards.” Tony Robbins
“The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.”
- “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” Tony Robbins
- “Where focus goes, energy flows.” Anthony Robbins
- “Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”- Anthony Robbins
- “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” Tony Robbins
- “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t life controls you.” Tony Robbins
- “Every day stand guard at the door of your mind, and you alone decide what thoughts and beliefs you let into your life. For they will shape whether you feel rich or poor, cursed or blessed.” Tony Robbins
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” Tony Robbins
“Everybody’s got a past. The past does not equal the future unless you live there.” Tony Robbins
- “It is in your moments of decisions that your destiny is shaped.” Tony Robbins
- “Out of your deepest pain will come your greatest gifts, but this can only happen when you take control of the meaning.” Tony Robbins
- A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided
- “Every problem is a gift, without problems we would not grow.” Tony Robbins
- “There’s no abiding success without commitment.” Tony Robbins
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” Tony Robbins
The path to success is to take massive, determined action.
- “Everything happens for a reason and a purpose, and it serves you.” Tony Robbins
- “It’s not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute, that gives meaning to our lives.” Tony Robbins
- “The secret to living is giving.” Tony Robbins
- One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” Tony Robbins
- “Create a vision and never let the environment, other people’s beliefs, or the limits of what has been done in the past shape your decisions.” Tony Robbins
- “Your income right now is a result of your standards, it is not the industry, it is not the economy.” Tony Robbins
- “There is no greatness without a passion to be great, whether it’s the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson.” Tony Robbins
- “Commit to CANI! – Constant And Never-ending Improvement.” Tony Robbins
- “Where focus goes, energy flows.” Tony Robbins
“If you don’t set a baseline standard for what you’ll accept in life, you’ll find it’s easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that’s far below what you deserve.” Tony Robbins
- “We will act consistently with our view of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not.” Tony Robbins
- Success in life is the result of good judgment. Good judgment is usually the result of experience. Experience is usually the result of bad judgment.
- It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.
- “Quality questions create a quality life.”
- Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.
- “Live with passion!” Tony Robbins
- “In life you need either inspiration or desperation”
- People are not lazy, they simply have impotent goals. That is goals that do not inspire them.
- “For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.” Tony Robbins
- “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfilment.” Tony Robbins
- If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real.
- The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.
- “Passion is the genesis of genius.” Tony Robbins
- “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” Tony Robbins
- “How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I’m committed to?” Tony Robbins
- “Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.” Tony Robbins
- You don’t have to have a reason to feel good—you’re alive; you can feel good for no reason at all!
- I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.” – Tony Robbins
“The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.” – Tony Robbins
- “When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins
- “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.” Tony Robbins
- Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
“There’s always a way – if you’re committed.” Tony Robbins
- “Whatever happens, take responsibility.” Tony Robbins
- “Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.” – Tony Robbins
- “Identify your problems, but give your power and energy to solutions.” – Tony Robbins
- “It’s what you practice in private that you will be rewarded for in public.” – Tony Robbins
- “If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can.” – Tony Robbins
- Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.
- The difference between those who fail to achieve their goals in life and those who succeed is the difference between those who cannot put themselves in supportive state and those who can consistently put themselves in a state that supports them in their achievements.“
- “Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”
So there you have it, that is Anthony Robbins in a nutshell. I will leave you with a video so you can hear him speak. Great voice!