Basket Ball Quotes – An amazing and one of the most loving sport where two teams, most commonly five players of each team opposing each other on a small rectangular court. The center of attention here is a ball that you have to put inside the net that is hanging at one side of the court (opponent’s net).
A field goal is worth two points but if the player pots the ball from behind a three-point circle, he can claim three points. Timed play stops after a foul and the player fouled or designated to shoot a foul is given three, two, or one one-point free throws.
The main objective is to shoot the basketball through the hoop of the defender’s hoop while managing to prevent all the shots from coming towards their own hoop.
These are some amazing quotes, sayings, and proverbs on Basket Ball from all the famous celebrities who love it along with some exceptional Basket Ball players from your favorite team as well.
49 Awesome Basket Ball Quotes and Sayings for Extreme Motivation
- “The key is not the ‘will to win’… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important” – Bob Knight
- “Shooting percentage is just as much about decision making as it is about technique”– Jeff Van Gundy
- “Young men need more models, not critics”– John Wooden
- “What you are as a person is far more important that what you are as a basketball player” – John Wooden
- “I don’t know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody – somewhere – was practicing more than me” – Larry Bird
- “Winners are not people who do not fail, but people who never quit“-Anonymous
- “If all I’m remembered for is being a good basketball player, then I’ve done a bad job with the rest of my life.” –Isiah Thomas
- “I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.“-Michael Jordan
- “Teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one” – Mike Krzyzewski
- “When a gifted team dedicates itself to unselfish trust and combines instinct with boldness and effort–it is ready to climb“-Pat Riley
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.“-Michael Jordan
- “All the successful teams I’ve ever seen have three characteristics: They play unselfish, they play together, and they play hard.“-Larry Brown
- “Everyone is born with a certain potential. You may never achieve your full potential, but how close you come depends on how much you want to pay the price.“-Red Auerbach
- “Winning teams at the NBA level, the college level, and the high school level all play team basketball. Championship teams have five players on the same page at all times.“-Hubie Brown
- “Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.“-Magic Johnson
- “Everything negative — pressure, challenges — are all an opportunity for me to rise.“-Kobe Bryant
- “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.“-Larry Bird
- “We believe in people executing their role and caring about the team more than anything individually” – Gregg Popovich
- “A key basketball skill is imagery. The best players “see” situations before they happen so they can be prepared” – Jack Ramsay
- “The one thing I learned about myself going back and watching tapes of all the losses that we’ve had is that I’m physically capable of doing this and dominating the game, but the mental part was not there. I don’t know if it comes with age, but I had to learn to be mentally tough.” – Lisa Leslie
- “You don’t play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball.”—Bobby Knight
- “Sometimes a player’s greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.” ― Scottie Pippen
- “If you’re not talking, you’re not playing defense” – Doc Rivers
- “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” –Ann Landers
- “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.“– Tim Duncan
- “My goal is to win the next game one possession at a time. That’s it. I don’t have any other goals” – Brad Stevens
- “I have a plan of action, but the game is a game of adjustments” – Mike Krzyzewski
- “There is a direct correlation between the number of ball reversals and defensive breakdowns” – Kevin Eastman
- “If it turns out that my best wasn’t good enough, at least I wont look back and say that I was afraid to try” – Michael Jordan
- “Some say you have to use your five best players, but I found out you win with the five that fit together best as a team.”-Red Auerbach
- “Bottom line, you’re either a risk taker, or your not, and if you don’t take risks, you’ll never win big.”-Geno Auriemma
- “If you’re going to have to beg them to play, it’s not going to work.”-Chuck Daly
- “Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise” – Michael Jorda
- “When I walked into the gym, I fell in love with the game. I didn’t fall in love with it just because it was me playing. I fell in love with it because I’ve got guys like this – like these guys every single day that push me to be the best that I can be.”-Kevin Durant
- “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.”-Kobe Bryant
- “There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself.”-Lebron James
- “In developing teams, I don’t believe in rules. I believe in standards. Rules don’t promote teamwork, standards do” – Mike Krzyzewski
- “Admit to and make yourself accountable for mistakes. How can you improve if you’re never wrong?” – Pat Summitt
- “Bad shooters are always open” – Pete Carril
- “Not only is there more to life than basketball, there’s a lot more to basketball than basketball” – Phil Jackson
- “You can’t always be the most talented or gifted person in the room, but you can be the most competitive.“-Pat Summit
- “The greatness of Michael Jordan is his competitive drive. The weakness of Michael Jordan is his competitive drive” – Phil Jackson
- “I can’t stand a ballplayer who plays in fear. Any fellow who has a good shot has got to take it and keep taking it. So he misses – so what?” – Red Auerbach
- “Those to whom defense is not important will have the best seat in the game” – Rick Majerus
- “I’m still waiting for perfection. In the meantime, I’ll settle for persistence” – Bo Ryan
This sport needs real strength, mind-match, coordination, stamina, and the last but crucial one is height. If you are a person with a height of 7, 8 feet then this will be a bit comfy for you to play.
Nowadays, there are players with short height who are banging on their matches with extreme game awareness. This particular sport contains various techniques and tactics to trick other players and hit as many points as you can.
A small audience is there in the seat places inside the ground of it and is covered from all sides. You can enjoy watching your favorite game while grabbing a drink along with your buddies.
Basketball’s area is almost 9.4 inches in diameter and the hoop is a basket 18 inches in diameter mounted 10 feet high to a backboard on both ends of the court