Bowling Quotes – A target sport that needs real experience, strength, mental capabilities, and the power of throwing a ball towards a target. Bowling is a recreational activity in which a person or player rolls a ball towards some pins standing at the other corner of the track.
This is an exceptional sport that you can play for spending your time in the best possible way. The term Bowling was referring to pin bowling, though in the United Kingdom and plenty of commonwealth countries, bowling could refer to target bowling (lawn bowling).
In Pin bowling, the motive of the player is to know overall the pins available on a long-playing surface known as a lane. You can achieve a strike whenever you knock all the pins down on the first roll.
Most Popular Bowling Quotes
- “Drew’s a funny guy. Because anything he gets into, he gets in 100%. Even when we were doing ‘The Drew Carey Show,’ he got into bowling, and suddenly he’s phoning up pros for tips and carrying around 3 balls. It’s just how he does it.” – Ryan Stiles
- “I performed in a bowling alley before while people were still bowling. Cut the check, and I will perform anywhere.” – Kevin Hart
- “The bowling alley is the poor man’s country club.” – Sanford Hansell
- “Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.” – Martin Mull
- “That’s the first thing they teach you in bowling, by the way. Don’t press the ball against your nose. The other one is don’t lick the pins.” – David Letterman
- “When I was a kid, I was at a bowling alley and I ran into a soda machine. I still have the scar on my right eyebrow obviously.” – Luke Perry
- “You ought to try surviving one of my family reunions. It’s like having a bowling alley in your brain.” – Edna Buchanan
- “I used to sit on the couch, and I could go through a pound of Brie cheese and a movie. I was like, ‘That’s enough,’ because it feels like a bowling ball in your stomach.” – JWoww
- “I bowled for two years in college, because I was drunk and needed shoes.” – Kathleen Madigan
- “I saw this college team bowling championship. Each team had their own coach. What kind of strategy advice is a bowling coach giving? ‘You know what? This time Timmy, I want you to knock down all the pins.’ ‘You sure?’ ‘Trust me. Just do it, son!’” – Jim Gaffigan
- “I’m a bowling pin, even when I fall, I’ll always stand back up.” – Jay Park
- “Bowling makes me happy like eating infinite bowls of rice!” – Yôsuke Kuroda
- “Bowling is a game of mistakes. Generally, whoever makes the fewest comes out the best.” – Earl Anthony
- “There’s kind of a Zen aspect to bowling. The pins are either staying up or down before you even throw your arm back. It’s kind of a mind-set. You want to be in this perfect mind-set before you released the ball.” – Jeff Bridges
- “I would say think about the thing that makes you happiest, and do that. If it’s drawing or dancing or listening to music or bowling, whatever it is that makes you happy, I would focus on that, and you’ll definitely gain some confidence.” – Ad–Rock
“You want perfection, go to a bowling alley!” – John Calipari
- “Bowling is all physics and energy distribution. It’s F = ma. So it is actually one of the most science-y sports, because it literally is just a ball and a surface and objects to knock down.” – Chris Hardwick
- “I can’t tell you how many life lessons I’ve learned through bowling. Time management, finding balance in life, how to lose, how to win, how to bowl as a team and deal with people. How to do something I love to do and inspire other people.” – Diandra Asbaty
- “This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.” – John Goodman, ‘The Big Lebowski’
- “We’re goin’ bowling. If we don’t come back, avenge our deaths.” – Homer Simpson, ‘The Simpsons’
- “Well, my grandpa always taught me to bowl 15 frames. It’s like I told you before, we Amish, we do everything half again as hard as you do. Ten frames.” – Ishmael
- “You are entering a world of pain. You mark that frame an 8, and you’re entering a world of pain!” – Walter Sobchak
- “The Dude: You brought a Pomeranian bowling?
- Walter Sobchak: I did not bring it bowling. I’m not renting it shoes, I’m not buying it a beer, dude.” – ‘The Big Lebowski’
- “Man: Come on, boy. Bowl.
- Roy Munson: The name’s not boy. It’s Roy. Roy Munson.” – ‘Kingpin’
- “Sometimes a bowler just has to face the music.” – Ernie McCracken,
- “It would be difficult to convince me that leaning has no effect whatsoever on the outcome of my bowling.” – Amy Krouse Rosenthal,
- “One of the advantages bowling has over golf is that you seldom lose a bowling ball.” – Don Carter
- “I liked the movie 300, but the title is misleading. I thought it would be about scantily-clad professional bowlers.” – Jarod Kintz
- “Sorry is the Kool-Aid of human emotions. It’s what you say when you spill a cup of coffee or throw a gutter ball when you’re bowling with the girls in the league. True sorrow is as rare as true love.” – Stephen King
- “In bowling and in life, if a person made the spares the strikes would take care of themselves.” – Stephen King
- “I usually love to go bowling when I’m in Vegas. There’s something about Vegas and bowling, do you know what I mean? You know what I mean. Bowling is just the thing to do.” – Rutina Wesley
- “You can never find the right bowling ball. This one’s too heavy. This one’s good but it’s pink!” – Jim Gaffigan
“Building a mechanical device for its appearance is like putting lace on a bowling ball.” – Andrew Vachss
- “Bowling, I like bowling. I’ve been getting into this bowling thing. It’s kinda fun.” – Queen Latifah
- “Bowling would be more interesting if it were slightly uphill.” – Demetri Martin
- “It would be hilarious if I worked in a bowling alley.” – Aubrey Plaza
- “There was no family-entertainment centers in the western suburbs. Bowling is fun family entertainment.” – Tom Young
- “Bowling is not a sport because you have to rent the shoes.” – George Carlin
- “Some people have their own bowling ball and their own bowling shoes… and no friends.” – Jim Gaffigan
- “Every bowling centre should have a house pro.” – Don Johnson
- “Just a couple of minutes ago, I signed a couple of bowling pins for some people. That’s a normal thing. Somebody will hand me something and say, ‘Draw a picture! Draw the Dude!’ They’re probably selling them on eBay or something.” – Jeff Bridges
- “I like bowling. I suck at it, but I like it. You know what’s so funny? I have days when I’m absolutely great at doing it, and then I have days when I just don’t understand it.” – Lil’ Kim
- “Beside a perfectly-timed boundary hit on a hard ground from fast bowling, all other delights of this life are a nothingness.” – Willow the King
“A boy without mischief is like a bowling ball without a liquid centre.” – Homer Simpson
While on the other hand, a spare is achieved if all the pins are knocked over on the roll after your first attempt. Lanes, where the ball has to travel in order to strike the pins, are usually made of a synthetic or wood surface onto which protective lubricating oil is applied in a specified manner.
Then comes target bowling where the aim of the player is to get the ball as close to a mark as possible. Its surface may be grass, synthetic, and gravel.