Catherine is among America’s famous inspirational authors, born in Hartsville, South Carolina, on February 14, 1927. She is the founder of the Unity Church Worldwide and an American minister.
In 1956, she served the Unity Churches. She was also the leader of the global ministry in Palm Desert, California. She became the minister of the non-denominational Unity faith, known as the pioneer of positive thinking. She enrolled in the Unity Ministerial School after studying business. In 1956, she acquired a Bachelor of Science in Education.
The prolific author was raised in South America, where children often went without lunch and had no shoes to wear. Catherine gave away her food, lunch money, and clothing to her less fortunate classmates. As she got older, she was able to understand the sources of prosperity and help people to understand it. This is the time when her career began as a teacher of the prosperity mindset.
Catherine Ponder’s Works
She started her writing career with her first prosperity book entitled, The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity, in Birmingham, Alabama, in early 1960. As she finished that book, she got married. Later, she went to the southwest, where her husband is a teacher at the University of Texas.
Later, her life changed with her husband’s untimely death. She moved to the Alamo City of Texas in the early 1970s. There, she remarried and wrote the sequel of her first book. The title of her second book was Open Your Mind to Prosperity. She provided lectures in different cities in America about universal principles of prosperity.
Catherine Ponder’s books described the principles of abundance that helped her to serve one church in the Deep South successfully. She presents global ministry reaches into 47 foreign countries and 50 states. Her books are translated abroad. Catherine also gets lecture invitations worldwide. Ponder was even listed on Social Register and Who’s Who and gained an honorary doctorate. She writes from a Christian viewpoint. The following are the books written by Catherine Ponder:
Catherine Ponder Books
Catherine has publised several New Thought books, including bestsellers like her Millionaires of the Bible series. Her book The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity was included in 50 success classics in an eponymous book. Her other publications include, The Healing Secrets of The Ages, Open Your Mind To Prosperity
Catherine Ponder Quotes
- “All things whatsoever ye ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” “You m ust act as if you had already received.”
- “There is nothing divine about pinched existence. There is nothing divine about a narrow, limited way of life. It proves nothing but the foolishness and the ignorance of man who actually lives in a universe of lavish abundance.”- Catherine Ponder
- “Anyone who lives a pinched, narrow existence is not expressing his or her true nature. He is only cheating himself.”– Catherine Ponder
- “Bless your enemy, and you rob him of his ammunition.”
- “Many of the blessings you want most are within your reach! By your acts of giving, you open the way to attract the blessings you desire.”- Catherine Ponder
- “… all progress begins with self-improvement.”-Catherine Ponder
- “You cannot possibly give to others unless you first have something to give.”- Catherine Ponder
- “Identification with a certain state of mind will bring that state of mind and affairs to you, so be careful.”- Catherine Ponder
- “… we can have anything we can mentally accept, but that we must mentally accept it first.”- Catherine Ponder
- “A great part of the art of receiving is to accept the good you want mentally rather than fighting it mentally.”- Catherine Ponder
- “Giving is only one-half of the law of the increase. Receiving is the other half. We can give and give, but we may unbalance the law unless we also expect to receive.”- Catherine Ponder
- “You must be careful what you notice, talk about, or give your attention to, because that is what you are identifying with, and that is what you will bring into your life.”- Catherine Ponder
- “Whatever you notice, you are inviting into your life.”- Catherine Ponder
- “Whatever you talk about, you are inviting into your life.”- Catherine Ponder
- “When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.”―
- “To use invisible ideas to produce visible results-from”―
- “The word “receive” means “to accept.”―
- “I am receiving. I am receiving now. I am receiving all the wealth that the universe has,for me now.”―
- “The word “receive” means “to accept.”―
- “You are prosperous to the degree that you are experiencing peace, health and plenty in your world.”―
- Man should bless the past, and forget it, if it keeps him in bondage, and bless the future, knowing it has in store for him endless joys, but live fully in the now.- Catherine Ponder
Have you heard of Catherine Ponder before, or is this a new discovery? Let me know thoughts and any other writers that you know of. I love discovering new people. Thanks for stopping by, please inspire someone by sharing this post!