Who is Fred Alan Wolf
If you have never heard of Fred Alan Wolf, let me give you a brief intro. The man is an inspiration and I am honored to get the opportunity to have him on this blog. He is a distinguished American physicist whose passion and contributions in the field of quantum physics has earned him the name ‘Doctor Quantum’.
Born to Jewish parents in 1934, Fred Alan Wolf has had a life long passion in physics. According to lifeboat.com, the news on the first atomic explosion inspired Fred Alan Wolf from a young age to take a strong interest in quantum physics.
He pursued his interest and in 1963 he was awarded a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics from the University of California. Since then, Wolf has continued researching and contributing to the academic field. His influence has not only been in the United States but he has in London and Paris.
According to lifeboat.com, “His investigations have taken him from intimate discussions with physicist David Bohm to the magical and mysterious jungles of Peru, from master classes with Nobel Laureate Richard Feynman to the high deserts of Mexico, from a significant meeting with Werner Heisenberg to the hot coals of a firewalk.”
Fred Alan Wolf’s ideas have made him a prominent figure in his field and you may have seen him on television shows such as The Discovery Channel’s The Know Zone, Sightings, The Thinking Allowed Television Series, The Malone show, The Evidence for Heaven, Star Trek IV, Special Collector’s edition, The Case for Christ’s Resurrection, Down the Rabbit Hole, and the PBS series Closer to Truth.
In fact, Fred Alan Wolf has also become a film star appearing in not one but a few inspirational movies, one of which is The Secret which won worldwide acclaim. In fact, it was in The Secret movie that I first encountered the man and was intrigued to find out more about him. Here is a list of the inspirational movies Wolf has appeared in:
- What the Bleep Do We Know!? (2004)
- What the BLEEP – Down the Rabbit Hole –
- The Secret (2006) Prime Time Productions
- Dalai Lama Renaissance (2007) Wakan Films
- Rabbit Hole (film) (2010). Wolf’s name is visible on a book on parallel universes, an important concept in the film.
- Star Trek IV, Special Collector’s edition discussing ‘Time Travel: The art of the possible’
- Spirit Space: A Journey Into Your Consciousness
You can get to know Fred Alan Wolf more through his several books that are not only inspiring but leading edge so to speak.
- 1981- Taking the Quantum Leap: The New Physics for Nonscientists
- 1982- Space-Time and Beyond
- 1984- Star Wave: Mind, Consciousness and Quantum Physics
- 1985- Mind and the New Physics
- 1986- The Body Quantum: The New Physics of Body, Mind and Health
- 1988- Parallel Universes: The Search for Other Worlds
- 1991-The Eagle’s Quest: A Physicist’s Search for Truth in the Heart of the Shamanic World
- 1994-The Dreaming Universe : A Mind-Expanding Journey Into the Realm Where Psyche and Physics Meet 1996-The Spiritual Universe: One Physicists Vision of Spirit, Soul, Matter, and Self
- 2002-Matter Into Feeling: A New Alchemy of Science and Spirit
- 2004-The Yoga of Time Travel: How the Mind Can Defeat Time
- 2005-Dr. Quantum’s Little Book of Big Ideas: Where Science Meets Spirit
- 2007- Dr. Quantum in the Grandfather Paradox
- 2010- Time Loops and Space Twists (2010) Hierophant Publishing
Here is a man who will be remembered for generations to come. To be known as Doctor Quantum demonstrates that Fred Alan Wolf has made significant contributions to quantum physics. What started as a fascination at an early age leaves a remarkable legacy in movies, academic research, books and several interviews. What an inspiration!