How do we find, keep, love? It is the one thing that we all want regardless of age, financial status, gender or which country we live in. We cannot get enough of it and need a constant supply of it to feel good. There is one mentor, whom I cannot discuss the topic of love without mentioning. This is Louise Hay. She is the guru of love. It is best if she does the talking here and presented below are Louise Hay’s quotes on self love:
- “Love is never outside ourselves; love is within us.”
- “Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the main keys to positive changes in every area of our lives.”
- “Love is the greatest healing power I know. Love can heal even the deepest and most painful memories because love brings the light of understanding to the darkest corners of our hearts and minds.”
- “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
To find, keep, love Louise suggested that we first started looking within. She wrote several books and provided a lot of self love affirmations. Louise Hay is on my inspirational people page, you can read here. She suggested that we repeat these self love affirmations several times a day so that they become embedded in our subconscious mind. Most of us say negative things about ourselves, several times a day but struggle to say positive things. Therefore, Louise’s emphasis on repeating positive affirmations several times is so we can tip the balance. The more deliberate you are about what you say to yourself, the more you will realise that a lot of the time it is negative. Therefore, I find that Louise Hay’s affirmations are an excellent way of embedding positivity right within us.
LIFE IS VERY SIMPLE. WHAT I GIVE OUT COMES BACK TO ME. TODAY I CHOOSE TO GIVE LOVE.
I REJOICE IN THE LOVE I ENCOUNTER EVERY DAY.
I AM COMFORTABLE LOOKING IN THE MIRROR, SAYING, “I LOVE YOU, I REALLY LOVE YOU.”
I NOW DESERVE LOVE, ROMANCE, AND JOY-AND ALL THE GOOD THAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER ME.
I AM SURROUNDED BY LOVE. ALL IS WELL.
MY HEART IS OPEN. I SPEAK WITH LOVING WORD
I AM BEAUTIFUL, AND EVERYBODY LOVES ME. I AM GREETED BY LOVE WHEREVER I GO.
I AM SAFE IN ALL MY RELATIONSHIPS, AND I GIVE AND RECEIVE LOTS OF LOVE.
I ATTRACT ONLY HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS. I AM ALWAYS TREATED WELL.
I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE LOVE IN MY LIFE. I FIND IT EVERYWHERE.
- Deep at the center of my being is an infinite well of love.
- I am very thankful for all the love in my life. I find it everywhere.
- I come from the loving space of my heart, and I know that love opens all doors.
- I am safe in the Universe and All Life loves and supports me.
- I experience love wherever I go.
- I am willing to change.
- I choose to see clearly with the eyes of love.
- I cross all bridges with joy and ease.
- I release all drama from my life.
- Loving others is easy when I love and accept myself.
Louise Hay has published several books on self love as well as healing. Here are some of them should you wish to add them to your self care library.