Jon Kabat Zinn Quotes – Jon Kabat Zinn is a famous and inspirational American professor emeritus of medicine and the creator and controller of the Center of Mindfulness and Stress Reduction Clinic in Medicine. He was also the creator of Health Care and the Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
He was a student of Zen Buddhist teachers such as Seung Sahn, Thich Nhat Hanh, Philip Kapleau, and a founding member of the Ambridge Zen center. He was born in NYC in 1944 as the oldest of three kids of Elvin Kabat who is a biochemist scientist, and Sally Kabat who was a painter.
Over his entire current career, Jon Kabat Zinn provides a stress reduction program, mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), and various other techniques for mental stress relief.
These amazing and inspiring techniques are being offered by a bunch of hospitals, health maintenance organizations, medical centers, and various others.
Jon Kabat Zinn Quotes, Proverbs, and Sayings
- “The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “You might be tempted to avoid the messiness of daily living for the tranquility of stillness and peacefulness. This of course would be an attachment to stillness, and like any strong attachment,it leads to delusion. It arrests development and short-circuits the cultivation of wisdom.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Maybe the fear is that
we are less than
we think we are,
actuality of it
is that we are much much more.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Perhaps the most “spiritual” thing any of us can do is simply to look through our own eyes, see with eyes of wholeness, and act with integrity and kindness.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Meditation is the only intentional, systematic human activity which at the bottom is about not trying to improve yourself or get anywhere else, but simply to realize where you already are.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Life on earth is a whole, yet it expresses itself in unique time-bound bodies, microscopic or visible, plant or animal, extinct or living. So there can be no one place to be. There can be no one way to be, no one way to practice, no one way to learn, no one way to love, no one way to grow or to heal, no one way to live, no one way to feel, no one thing to know or be known. The particulars count.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Wherever you go, there you are” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Mindfulness practice means that we commit fully in each moment to be present; inviting ourselves to interface with this moment in full awareness, with the intention to embody as best we can an orientation of calmness, mindfulness, and equanimity right here and right now.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “He who dies before he dies does not die when he dies.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “If we hope to go anywhere or develop ourselves in any way, we can only step from where we are standing. If we don’t really know where we are standing… We may only go in circles…” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Intelligence is the door to freedom and alert attention is the mother of intelligence.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “You make a problem, you have a problem” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “To let go means to give up coercing, resisting, or struggling, in exchange for something more powerful and wholesome which comes out of allowing things to be as they are without getting caught up in your attraction to or rejection of them, in the intrinsic stickiness of wanting, of liking and disliking.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Just watch this moment, without trying to change it at all. What is happening? What do you feel? What do you see? What do you hear?” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness. Mindfulness means being awake. It means knowing what you are doing.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “For men and women alike, this journey is a the trajectory between birth and death, a human life lived. No one escapes the adventure. We only work with it differently.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Note that this journey is uniquely yours, no one else’s. So the path has to be your own. You cannot imitate somebody else’s journey and still be true to yourself. Are you prepared to honor your uniqueness in this way?” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “From the perspective of meditation, every state is a special state, every moment a special moment.”
- “Perhaps we just need little reminders from time to time that we are already dignified, deserving, worthy. Sometimes we don’t feel that way because of the wounds and the scars we carry from the past or because of the uncertainty of the future. It is doubtful that we came to feel undeserving on our own. We were helped to feel unworthy. We were taught it in a thousand ways when we were little, and we learned our lessons well.”
- “look at other people and ask yourself if you are really seeing them or just your thoughts about them…. Without knowing it, we are coloring everything, putting our spin on it all.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Practice sharing the fullness of your being, your best self, your enthusiasm, your vitality, your spirit, your trust, your openness, above all, your presence. Share it with yourself, with your family, with the world.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “We must be willing to encounter darkness and despair when they come up and face them, over and over again if need be, without running away or numbing ourselves in the thousands of ways we conjure up to avoid the unavoidable.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Patience is a form of wisdom. It demonstrates that we understand and accept the fact that sometimes things must unfold in their own time.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Give yourself permission to allow this moment to be exactly as it is, and allow yourself to be exactly as you are.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “One practical way to do this is to look at other people and ask yourself if you are really seeing them or just your thoughts about them.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “At the deepest level, there is no giver, no gift, and no recipient only the universe rearranging itself.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “If you stop trying to make yourself more than you are, out of fear that you are less than you are, whoever you really are will be a lot lighter and happier and easier to live with, too.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Acknowledging that sometimes, often at very crucial times, you really have no idea where you are going or even where the path lies. A the same time, you can very well know something about where you are now even if it is knowing that you are lost, confused, enraged or without hope.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Give more than you think you can, trusting that you are richer than you think.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Awareness is not the same as thinking. It is a complementary form of intelligence, a way of knowing that is at least as wonderful and as powerful, if not more so, than thinking.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “See for yourself whether letting go when a part of you really wants to hold on doesn’t bring a deeper satisfaction than clinging.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “We take care of the future best by taking care of the present now.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Patience is a form of wisdom. It demonstrates that we understand and accept the fact that sometimes things must unfold in their own time.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
These significant techniques are also written in the book name Full Catastrophe Living, written by him. Here are some amazing quotes and sayings of Jon Kabat Zinn that help you get a deep slumber of relief from all the stress and tensions.
You can follow his fabulous techniques to overcome all your tensions and stress and bring a happy life back. He teaches mindfulness that helps you cope with tensions, anxiety, stress, frustrations, pain, illness, and various other factors.
He has vast experience of studying and practicing mindfulness and yoga along with extensive studying. He has done his studies with Buddhist enthusiasts and teachers who led him to integrate their entire teachings with scientific findings.
Jon Kabat Zinn is a man with knowledge as well as experience when it comes to mindfulness and relaxing yoga. His scientifically proven yoga and mindfulness techniques helps you beat your frustration in a way like never before.