Gardening Quotes – Gardening is something that brings you closer to nature and increases your health and other aspects simultaneously. It is basically the practice of growing, care-taking, and cultivating plants as a part of horticulture.
In gardens, use plants such as leaf vegetables, herbs, fruits, root vegetables, and more are grown for consumption and ornamental plants are grown for their foliage, overall beauty, flowers, and appearance.
Gardening is also significant for making useful herbs, cosmetics, dyes, and a big use in medicine. Gardening ranges in scale from long boulevard plantings to fruit orchards with one and more different types. You can enjoy growing your most likely or desired plants in your homes and get inspiration from these quotes.
Gardening brings you closer to nature and lets you feel real freshness and calm whenever you are waving in a mind-blasting and beautiful piece of land full of roses, plants, trees, grass, and other cute shrubberies.
50 Best Gardening Sayings to increase your love regarding Plants
- “I know that if odor were visible, as color is, I’d see the summer garden in rainbow clouds.” Robert Bridges
- “Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.” Alfred Austin
- “The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous.” Rabindranath Tagore
- “A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule.” Michael Pollan
- “Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.” Sigmund Freud
- “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” Khalil Gibran
- “Who loves a garden loves a greenhouse too.” William Cowper
- “Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.” May Sarton
- “Help us to be ever faithful gardeners of the spirit, who know that without darkness nothing comes to birth, and without light nothing flowers.” May Sarton
- “From plants that wake when others sleep, from timid jasmine buds that keep their odour to themselves all day, but when the sunlight dies away let the delicious secret out to every breeze that roams about.” Thomas Moore
- “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” Margaret Atwood
- “I love decorating my home. I’m a gardener too, so that’s usually something I have to play catch up with.” Suzy Bogguss
- “Garden as though you will live forever.” Thomas Moore
- “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palms of your hand and eternity in an hour.” William Blake
- “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees.” George Eliot
- “A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.” Elton Trueblood
- “A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them.” Liberty Hyde Bailey
“I enjoy painting, cutting the lawn and working in the garden when I have time. That’s therapy for me. I enjoy working with my hands.” Billy Williams
- “Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get.” Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “A weed is but an unloved flower.” Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.” Doug Larson
- “Plant and your spouse plants with you; weed and you weed alone.” Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.” Abraham Lincoln
- “We must cultivate our own garden. When man was put in the garden of Eden he was put there so that he should work, which proves that man was not born to ” Voltaire
- “Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration.” H. Lawrence
- “A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it.” Dogen
- “I love things that are indescribable, like the taste of an avocado or the smell of a gardenia.” Barbra Streisand
- “Gardens are not made by singing ‘Oh, how beautiful,’ and sitting in the shade.” Rudyard Kipling
- “The best place to find God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. ” George Bernard Shaw
“Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” A. Milne
- “My passion for gardening may strike some as selfish, or merely an act of resignation in the face of overwhelming problems that beset the world. It is neither. I have found that each garden is just what Voltaire proposed in Candide: a microcosm of a just and beautiful society. ” Andrew Weil
- “Every time I imagine a garden in an architectural setting, it turns into a magical place. I think of gardens I have seen, that I believe I have seen, that I long to see, surrounded by simple walls, columns, arcades or the facades of buildings – sheltered places of great intimacy where I want to stay for a long time. ” Peter Zumthor
- “Sometimes, as is the case of peach and plum trees, which are often dwarfed, the plants are thrown into a flowering states, and then, as they flower freely year after year, they have little inclination to make vigorous growth.” Robert Fortune
- “The lesson I have thoroughly learnt, and wish to pass on to others, is to know the enduring happiness that the love of a garden gives.” Gertrude Jekyll
- “Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” Douglas Adams
- “The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.” Alfred Austin
- “It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.” James Douglas
- “There’s something about taking a plow and breaking new ground. It gives you energy. ” Ken Kesey
- “It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves. ” Robert Louis Stevenson
- “I’ve always felt that having a garden is like having a good and loyal friend. ” Z. Guest
- “He plants trees to benefit another generation.” Caecilius Statius
- “The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.” Gertrude Jekyll
“You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” Pablo Neruda
There are millions of folks around who love gardening and take it as their hobby as well as passion. They love experiments with plants and bring amazing stuff to life. Nowadays some artists make amazing sculptures of plants and increase their beauty while bringing their creative skills into the business.
No one can think of a man or cartoon made of plants in past but now plants have become one of the most beautiful creations available on earth. These awesome sculptures increase the beauty of planting in entirely different ways.
“How deeply seated in the human heart is the liking for gardens and gardening.” Alexander Smith
People can enjoy planting at their homes and or even built a beautiful garden right in front of their houses if they don’t carry it inside their houses. So have the real inspiration of reading these amazing quotations on gardening and bring your love for plants to the next level.