Quotes about Dogs – Dogs are probably one of the most beautiful, awesome, lovely, and amazing creations of Almighty. A domestic dog is probably a domesticated descendent of the wolf. The dog was derived from an extinct or ancient wolf and the modern grey wolf is then the nearest living relative of the dog.
It is probably the first of the most ancient species to be domesticated over 15,000 years ago by hunter-gatherers even before the development of agriculture.
Their long association with humans has led dogs to be adapted to human behaviour, leading to a diversity of domestic folks along with the boom on a starch-rich diet that would be insufficient for other canids.
The dog has been selectively bred over hundreds of years for plenty of behaviours, physical attributes, and sensory capabilities. The influence of dogs on human society has given them the sobriquet of the best friend of men. Here are some of the most awesome quotations on the most amazing creations available on earth, ‘The Dogs’.
43 Best Dog Inspired Quotes
- “My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” – Elayne Boosler
- “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” – Christopher Morley
- “Dog is God spelled backward.” – Duane Chapman
- “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” – Robert Benchley
- “When a man’s best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.” – Edward Abbey
- “Dogs have boundless enthusiasm but no sense of shame. I should have a dog as a life coach.” – Moby
- “You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.” – Harry S Truman
- “The dog is the god of frolic.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around – that’s their job.” – George Carlin
- “I don’t understand people who don’t touch their pets. Their cat or dog is called a pet for a reason.” – Jarod Kintz
- “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” – Roger A. Caras
- “All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. For after all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog.” – Charles M Schulz
- “I like dogs. You always know what a dog is thinking. It has four moods. Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating. Also, dogs are faithful and they do not tell lies because they cannot talk.” – Mark Haddon
- “I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.” – John Steinbeck
“They [dogs] never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.” – Jerome K. Jerome
- “Animals have come to mean so much in our lives. We live in a fragmented and disconnected culture. Politics are ugly, religion is struggling, technology is stressful, and the economy is unfortunate. What’s one thing that we have in our lives that we can depend on? A dog or a cat loving us unconditionally, every day, very faithfully.” – Jon Katz
- “No matter how you’re feeling, a little dog gonna love you.” – Waka Flocka Flame
- “There’s a saying. If you want someone to love you forever, buy a dog, feed it and keep it around.” – Dick Dale
- “When the dog looks at you, the dog is not thinking what kind of a person you are. The dog is not judging you.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” – Samuel Butler
- “Actually, my dog I think is the only person who consistently loves me all the time.” – G. Bissinger
- “My main characters are the most sunny, happy, optimistic, loving creatures on the face of the Earth. I couldn’t be happier that’s where I start. I can put as many flawed people in the dog’s world as I like, but the dog doesn’t care. Dog doesn’t judge, dog doesn’t dislike. Dog loves. That’s not so bad.” – Bruce Cameron
- “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” – John Grogan
“There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog” – Konrad Lorenz
- “A dog will make eye contact. A cat will, too, but a cat’s eyes don’t even look entirely warm-blooded to me, whereas a dog’s eyes look human except less guarded. A dog will look at you as if to say, ‘What do you want me to do for you? I’ll do anything for you.’ Whether a dog can in fact, do anything for you if you don’t have sheep [I never have] is another matter. The dog is willing.” – Roy Blount Jr.
- “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
- “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” – Kinky Friedman
- “The dog is the perfect portrait subject. He doesn’t pose. He isn’t aware of the camera.” – Patrick Demarchelier
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” – Mark Twain
- “The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it.” – Michel Houellebecq
- “You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.” – Jill Abramson
- “My favorite type of pet has always been a dog. They’re loyal, kind, and offer endless affection. My friend Eric says, ‘The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.’ Funny thought.” – Brendon Urie
- “You can tell by the kindness of a dog how a human should be.” – Captain Beefheart
- “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” – Robert Falcon Scott
- “Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathan Swift
“Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.”– Orhan Pamuk
Dog breeds vary widely in size, color, shape, and whiff. They perform many roles for humans including pulling loads, hunting herding, protection, the military, assisting police, therapy, companionship, aiding disabled people, and various others.
Dogs are probably the most variable mammal available with around 450 globally recognized dog breeds. They are so loyal to humans and even compromise or sacrifice their lives for the safety of humans.
“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – Bruce Cameron
Some folks adopted cute little and awesome dogs as their kids and give attention or love as they do with their kids. They are the most loyal and faithful companions, protective of their territory and masters.
There are plenty of breeds such as boxer, bulldogs, Chow Chow, Dachshund, English Cocker Spaniel, German Shepherd, Labrador, Pug, Rottweiler, Shih Tzu, Spitz, and various others that you love to carry.