Everyone in this life grows up. The meaning of growing up is not just an increase in the size of the body. Growing up means accepting the changes and different things that happen around.
Various changes take place in our life. When changes take place, then most people are unable to handle that change. The difference can be a positive or negative change. It is up to us who we deal with those changes and embrace them.
Growing up means adopting that change and handling the challenges. Many famous people have different sayings about growing up. These quotes will help to accept the change in life.
So, for this, we have added some famous growing up quotes. These quotes will help to find a way to accept the life changes. By reading these quotes, you will learn to bring these changes to life in a positive way.
51 Most Popular Growing Up Quotes
2. “Who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.”- Harold Wilson
3. “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.”- Anatole France
4. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”- Viktor Frankl
5. “Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer.”- Shunryu Suzuki
6. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.”- Mary Engelbreit
7. “It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.”- W. Edwards Deming
8. “Every hour proves to us that change and decay are written upon all things earthly. As surely will the proudest monuments of human labor pass away, as the morning mist from among the hills. If we can look upon the past and behold the ravages of time, or on the present and not feel his powerful influence upon ourselves and the things around us, then indeed will our future be dark and cheerless.”- Charles Lanman
9. “You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.”- Denis Waitley
10. “If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry, it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change.”- John A. Simone, Sr.
11. “There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in travelling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one’s position, and be bruised in a new place.”- Washington Irving
12. “When you are through changing, you are through.”- Bruce Barton
13. “The man who looks for security, even in the mind, is like a man who would chop off his limbs in order to have artificial ones which will give him no pain or trouble.”- Henry Miller
14. “Life is change.”- Heraclitus of Ephesus
15. “Change is inevitable — except from a vending machine.”- Robert C. Gallagher
16. “Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.”- John Kenneth Galbraith
17. “What can we take on trust
in this uncertain life? Happiness, greatness,
pride — nothing is secure, nothing keeps.”- Euripides, Hecuba
18. “They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.”- Confucius
19. “It is a pleasant feeling to be the first to walk on sands which the tide has just left. It is like being the first to visit a new land. It produces a freshness of sensation something akin to that of early morning, or of spring. It is like entering upon a new stage of life, having a new world before us from which to receive, and upon which to make impressions.”- Henry James Slack
21. “There were no violins or warning bells… no sense that my little life was about to change. But we never know, do we? Life turns on a dime.”- Stephen King,
22. “Life is its own journey, presupposes its own change and movement, and one tries to arrest them at one’s eternal peril.”- Laurens van der Post
23. “Growth is the only evidence of life.”- John Henry Newman
24. “The past is the present, and the present the future, to the non-progressive mind.”- James Lendall Basford
25. “Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.”- Faith Baldwin
26. “The circumstances of the world are so variable that an irrevocable purpose or opinion is almost synonymous with a foolish one.”- William H. Seward
27. “The birds are molting. If only man could molt also — his mind once a year its errors, his heart once a year its useless passions.”- James Allen
28. “The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.”- William Blake
29. “Man’s yesterday may ne’er be like his morrow;
Nought may endure but Mutability.”- Percy Bysshe Shelley
30. “You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish.”- Author Unknown
31. “Time, which changes people, does not alter the image we have retained of them.”- Marcel Proust
32. “Stubbornness does have its helpful features. You always know what you are going to be thinking tomorrow.”- Glen Beaman
33. “It is strange and wonderful what changes may be wrought by a few fleeting months, on the human frame, and the human heart.”- Elizabeth J. Eames
34. “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.”- Chinese Proverb
35. “I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed.”- George Carlin
36. “Must the old joys be evermore withholden?
Even their memory keeps me pure and true;
And yet, God speaketh, ‘I make all things new.'” – Sarah Doudney,
37. “Change may come to you in trinkets and I hope it adorns your life gracefully.”- Dodinsky
38. “People and their rituals. They cling to things so hard sometimes.”- Garth Stein
39. “For either or both ways all minds are always,
Morning and noon and night, sleeping and waking,
Summer and winter, always, always changing…”- James Henry
41. “What you have become is the price you paid to get what you used to want.”- Mignon McLaughlin
42. “We would rather be ruined than changed;
We would rather die in our dread
Than climb the cross of the moment
And let our illusions die.” – W.H. Auden
43. “You never have a friend all figured out. Just when you think you know what makes them tick, they tock.”- Robert Brault
44. “All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward.”- Ellen Glasgow
45. “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” –Nina Dobrev
46. “If growing up is the process of creating ideas and dreams about what life should be, then maturity is letting go again.” – Mary Beth Danielson
47. “Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.” – Chili Davis
48. “Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you’re in diapers; the next day you’re gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul.” – The Wonder Years
49. “Growing up is losing some illusions, in order to acquire others.” –Virginia Woolf
50. “Growing up happens when you start having things you look back on and wish you could change.” – Cassandra Clare
Everyone has to face a lot of life changes. These changes can help you improve your lifestyle. If you are going through a negative change then, you have to keep faith in yourself.
The negative changes never last long. One day the bad situations will change, and if you are facing positive life changes, then these right situations will also change one day.
“Maturity is a high price to pay for growing up.” — Tom Stoppard
Change is significant in life. In every single hour, changes take place in a person’s life. Growing up in life is very important. During all these life changes, everyone needs to grow up.
Growing up is evidence of life. Growing up means handling these changes with patience and with a peaceful mind. The growing-up quotes will help you in this changing life.
By reading these quotes, you will be able to face the changes with open hands. These quotes also help you to grow up and face the changes without difficulties. Comment your view about these growing up quotes and also share and like this article.