Max Stirner Quotes – Max Stirner was a philosopher of Germany. He used to deal with self-consciousness. Max Stirner also worked on the social alienation of Hegelian. The real name of Max Stirner was Johann Kaspar Schmidt.
Max Stirner was the professional name of Johann Kaspar Schmidt. Max Stirner believes in different theories. Some of these theories include existentialism. individualist anarchism, nihilism, etc.
After the success of The Ego and Its Own, it was then translated into different languages and in different editions. Here, you will find out some famous Max Stirner quotes. You will surely like this Max Stirner quotes.
Max Stirner Quotes The Author of ‘The Ego And Its Own’
- “The will is not fundamentally right, as the practical ones would like very much to assure us.”– Max Stirner.
- “Now do you suppose unselfishness is unreal and nowhere extant? On the contrary, nothing is more ordinary!”– Max Stirner.
- “I have a fellow-feeling with every feeling being.”– Max Stirner.
- “The true human being doesn’t lie in the future, an object of longing, but rather it lies in the present.”– Max Stirner.
- “Knowledge must die and rise again as will and create itself anew each day as a free person.”– Max Stirner.
- “From the moment when he catches sight of the light of the world, a man seeks to find out himself and get hold of himself.”– Max Stirner.
- “If the child has not an object that it can occupy itself with, it feels ennui; for it does not yet know how to occupy itself with itself.”– Max Stirner.
- “I am the true human being.”– Max Stirner.
- “I can have only so much freedom as I procure for myself by my owness.”– Max Stirner.
- “It is not recognized in the full amplitude of the word that all freedom is essentially self-liberation.”– Max Stirner.
- “The young are of age when they twitter like the old.”– Max Stirner.
- “Liberty of the people is not my liberty!”– Max Stirner.
- “Free yourself as far as you can, and you have done your part.”– Max Stirner.
- “Now why, if freedom is striven after for love of the I after all – why not choose the I himself as beginning, middle, and end?”– Max Stirner.
- “We don’t call it sin today, we call it self-expression.”– Max Stirner.
- “Their torment torments, their refreshment refreshes me too; I can kill them, not torture them.”– Max Stirner.
- “A race of altruists is necessarily a race of slaves. A race of free men is necessarily a race of egoists.”– Max Stirner.
“It is truly not the merit of the school if we do not come out selfish.”– Max Stirner.
- “The moral man is necessarily narrow in that he knows no other enemy than the immoral man.”– Max Stirner..
- “We are, every moment, all that we can be; and we never need be more.”– Max Stirner.
- “It is possible I can make very little of myself; but this little is everything.”– Max Stirner.
- “Don’t exhaust yourself on the limits of others; it’s enough if you tear down your own.”– Max Stirner.
- “What is it, then, that is called a ‘fixed idea’? An idea that has subjected the man to itself.”– Max Stirner.
- “One goes further with a handful of might than with a bagful of right.”– Max Stirner.
- “Might is a fine thing, and useful for many purposes.”– Max Stirner.
- “If I cherish you because I hold you dear, because in you my heart finds nourishment, my need satisfaction, then it is not done for the sake of a higher essence whose hallowed body you are.”– Max Stirner.
- “Man, you see, is not a person, but an ideal, a spook.”– Max Stirner.
- “He who is infatuated with Man leaves persons out of account so far as that infatuation extends, and floats in an ideal, sacred interest.”– Max Stirner.
- “We do not aspire to communal life but to a life apart.”– Max Stirner.
- “I love men too — not merely individuals, but every one. But I love them with the consciousness of egoism.”– Max Stirner.
- “The people is dead! Good-day, Self!”– Max Stirner.
“We have only one relation to each other, that of usableness, of utility, of use.”– Max Stirner.
- “Where the world comes in my way, and it comes in my way everywhere, I consume it to quiet the hunger of my egoism.”– Max Stirner.
- “What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one’s self.”– Max Stirner.
- “Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man’s lap.”– Max Stirner.
- “Man, your head is haunted.”– Max Stirner.
- “No thing is sacred of itself, but by declaring it sacred, by my declaration.”– Max Stirner.
- “What else was Diogenes of Sinope seeking for than the true enjoyment of life, which he discovered in having the least possible wants?”– Max Stirner.
- “Our atheists are pious people.”– Max Stirner.
- “I shall be the enemy of every higher power, while religion teaches us to make it our friend and be humble toward it.”– Max Stirner.
- “He serves no higher person, and satisfies only himself. His cause is – a purely egoistic cause.”– Max Stirner.
- “Now it is clear, God cares only for what is his, busies himself only with himself.”– Max Stirner.
- “You imagine great things, and depict to yourself a whole world of gods that has an existence for you.”– Max Stirner.
- “‘The truth’ outlasts the downfall of the world of gods, for it is the immortal soul of this transitory world of gods; it is Deity itself.”– Max Stirner.
- “Man with the great M is only an ideal, the species only something thought of.”– Max Stirner.
- “Nothing is more to me than myself!”– Max Stirner.
“The truth wears longer than all the gods.”– Max Stirner.
But for doing the work of your own choice, it is important to be free. Free yourself from all the negative thinking so that you can do everything. Free yourself means that you should not be afraid of doing different things.
Free yourself from thinking about what people will think about yourself. When you stop thinking about people, then you can do what you want to do. Otherwise, you will never rise up from their thoughts.
“Everything sacred is a tie, a fetter.”– Max Stirner.
By reading the quotes of Max Stirner, you will find inner strength. You will find the strength to believe in yourself. This strength will help you to think about yourself rather than thinking about others.
When you start thinking about yourself, then you can get success in life. Max Stirner is the inspiration of many people in life and has given them motivation. Do like and share these Max Stirner quotes.