RuPaul Quotes – RuPaulis a well-known actor, drag queen and model. He has also worked as a producer, media master and television personality. He has created 14 studio albums. RuPaul is the producer of Drag Race and created 11 seasons of it with several spin-offs.
He also appeared in different films and televisions shows and most recently in the Netflix series. RuPaul has a vibrant career in the media industry for over 30 years.
These quotes will teach you that you have to struggle a lot if you want to win something in life. To win any competition, you should be willing to give your best. By reading these quotes, you will get motivated to achieve success no matter what the situation is.
Popular RuPaul Quotes That Will Motivate You
- “When you become the image of your own imagination, it’s the most powerful thing you could ever do.” – RuPaul
- “Success is something between you and yourself. I think only you know where you’ve come from and how far you wanna go.” – RuPaul
- “It’s true in everything, not just in drag: To be a success, you have to understand the landscape. You have to know thyself, and you have to know your history so that you can draw from people who have figured out the equation you are faced with. It’s not rocket science.” – RuPaul
- “You may not get the role you auditioned for, but make a lasting impression and they’ll remember you for something else later.” – RuPaul
- “If you want to be invited to the party, you better have something to bring.” – RuPaul
- “To limit yourself to one thing, it’s your business. But you have a choice.” – RuPaul
- “Personally, I experience success when I enjoy what I’m doing. I love the creative process, even if the end result isn’t embraced by anyone else.” – RuPaul
- “If you have goals and the stick-with-it-ness to make things happen, people will feel threatened by you, especially if your goals don’t include them. They believe that if you take a piece ofpie then that leaves less pie for them. Seeing you follow your dreams leaves them realizing that they’re not following theirs. In truth, there is unlimited pie for everyone!” – RuPaul
- “I have been discriminated against by white people for being black, by black people for being gay, by gay people for being too fem. Did I let them stop me from getting to this chair?” – RuPaul
- “The secret of success in every field is redefining what success means to you. It can’t be your parent’s definition, the media’s definition, or your neighbor’s definition. Otherwise, success will never satisfy you.” – RuPaul
- “If you can’t love yourself, how the hell are you gonna love somebody else?” – RuPaul
- “There are so many sensitive souls; they don’t know what to do with their feelings.”– RuPaul
- “Don’t believe the hype; don’t believe what it tells you on your driver’s license. You are an extension of the power that created this whole universe.” – RuPaul
- “Unless they’re paying your bills, pay them bitches no mind!” – RuPaul
- “Look at me – a big old black man under all of this makeup, and if I can look beautiful, so can you.” – RuPaul
- “I remember being 14 years old, making a pact with myself. I would never join into the matrix, never join into the status quo, and I would always fight it. It always felt like I was on an operating table and the anesthesia never worked.” – RuPaul
- “What other people think of me is not my business. What I do is what I do. How people see me doesn’t change what I decide to do. I don’t choose projects so people don’t see me as one thing or another. I choose projects that excite me.” – RuPaul
“Biggest obstacle I ever faced was my own limited perception of myself.” – RuPaul
- “It’s very easy to look at the world and think, this is all so cruel and so mean. It’s important to not become bitter from it.” – RuPaul
- “In our subconscious, we all know we’re playing roles.” – RuPaul
- “It’s not the word itself, but the intention behind the word.” – RuPaul
- “When the going gets tough, the tough reinvent themselves.” – RuPaul
- “The whole point is to live life and be – to use all the colors in the crayon box.” – RuPaul
- “Life is not to be taken seriously.”– RuPaul
- “Life’s journey – it unfolds for you as you are ready for it.” – RuPaul
- “Never forget that the most political thing you can ever do is follow your heart.” – RuPaul
- “Once you clear out from your consciousness things that no longer matter, you’re able to make room for other things.” – RuPaul
- “All sins are forgiven once you start making a lot of money.” – RuPaul
- “We are all doing drag. Every single person on this planet is doing it.” – RuPaul
- “We’re all born naked and the rest is drag.” – RuPaul
- “There’s not another lip-synch song on the planet, in the history of lip-synching songs, that has been lip-synched more than ‘I Will Survive.’” – RuPaul
“I love the creativity and the social and political aspects of drag.” – RuPaul
- “A regular old drag queen is usually your science teacher who’s actually wearing women’s panties underneath his slacks. A drag-queen superstar is someone who actually works in clubs and makes a living doing it more than one night a year, or even one night in six months.” – RuPaul
- “Drag is involved with changing identities and not taking identities too seriously at all. That’s why drag is such a hard sell to a network – or anyone, really – because it’s up against the ego.” – RuPaul
- “I don’t think drag will ever be mainstream because it’s counter to what the mainstream directive is, which is picking an identity and sticking with it for the rest of your life.” – RuPaul
- “The only time you will ever see me in drag is when I am – What? Getting paid. It is my job.” – RuPaul
- “From childhood, we’re trained to be a certain way, to behave a certain way – so that the power base can control us, really. And punk and drag are completely outside of that.” – RuPaul
- “I love drag, and I love people who gravitate toward it. Because the people who do drag are people who dance to the beat of a different drummer.” – RuPaul
- “Drag breaks the fourth wall, which is why it’s never been quite accepted, because nobody wants to be told that they are really a caricature of themself and to not take yourself too seriously.” – RuPaul
- “I think our culture is moving forward – slowly. And also, as we move forward, we’re witnessing some of the old stalwarts rejecting that forward motion.”– RuPaul
- “Racism has nothing to do with race. It is the ego’s way of making you feel ‘better than’.” – RuPaul
- “The point about pop culture is that so much of it is borrowed. There’s very little that’s brand new. Instead, creativity today is a kind of shopping process—picking up on and sampling things form the world around you, things you grew up with.“ – RuPaul
- “Usually, people who don’t have a broad perspective see gay people as servants – as people who are there to make them look good.” – RuPaul
- “In my life, I’ve been able to really examine society in a way most people who aren’t outsiders don’t get a chance to do.” – RuPaul
- “In a culture, you can choose fear or love. It’s been my experience and my observation that humans on this planet feel more comfortable with fear rather than love and openness… I do know what history tells us about humans. And humans, they actually don’t feel very comfortable with openness and freedom.” – RuPaul
- “Unfortunately, in our culture, one person can write a letter to the network, and they shut something down. It’s unfortunate.” – RuPaul
- “That is the key to navigating this life—don’t take it too seriously. That’s when the party begins.”– RuPaul
Everyone in this world wants to achieve success. It is only you who know what difficulties you have gone through in your life. You are the only one who knows where you are coming from and where you want to go.
You have to think about success. Just think how far you want to go in life. You will get what you want to achieve in life if you work hard for it. When you have some goals in life and stick to them, then nothing can stop you.
“This is an important thing: People who live in the mainstream and the status quo think that everyone else is there to serve them.” – RuPaul
To achieve success, you have to give yourself importance. You will learn these things in RuPaul quotes. If you cannot do anything for yourself, then do not blame others for your failure.
You are the only one who is responsible. By reading the RuPaul Quotes, you will get inspiration and motivation. Do let us know your view about these RuPaul Quotes by commenting, liking and sharing this article.