Selfishness Quotes – We all know about the famous proverb that humans are social animals. No one in this world can remain alone. People always need each other to grow in life. There are connections between different people in the world.
We all live with each other. If someone wants a happier life or wants some comfort in life, he should connect with other people. Selfishness means that you just think about yourself.
Being selfish or developing selfishness is not bad in all situations. Developing selfishness in you will affect the connection with other people.
For telling you the right meaning of selfishness, we have compiled some famous selfishness quotes. Many popular personalities have different sayings about these selfishness quotes.
These selfishness quotes will change your perspective, and you will also learn that being selfish can affect your and others’ lives around you.
Popular Selfishness Quotes About Selfish People
- “Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles.” – Harry S. Truman
- “Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.” – Stephen Kendrick
- ” We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness”. – Booker T. Washington
- “Giving yourself some loving attention is not selfish. It is sensible. If you feel loved and cherished, even if it is only by yourself, then you will have more love to give to others, too.” – Penelope Quest
- “Glory, built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt.”– William Cowper
- “Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others.” – Ouida
- “Suppose you were the last one left? Suppose you did that to yourself?” – Cormac McCarthy
- “If there is one thing I dislike, it is the man who tries to air his grievances when I wish to air mine.” – P.G. Wodehouse
- “A selfless act out of even the purest desire to do for others, will be selfish in the satisfaction and happiness it brings to one doing it.” – Ashly Lorenzana
- “The subsistence mentality of a person is a prison in which his personal joy is detained. If you want to live in joy, you don’t live for yourself alone. Live for others too.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “In an individual, selfishness uglifies the soul; for the human species, selfishness is extinction.” – David Mitchell
- “Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race.” – William E. Gladstone
- “Even the early droplets of selfish decisions suggest a direction. Then the little inflecting rivulets come, merging into small brooks and soon into larger streams; finally one is swept along by a vast river which flows into the gulf of misery and endless whoa.”– Neal A. Maxwell
- “Selfish, a judgment readily passed by those who have never tested their power of sacrifice.” – George Eliot
- “No man is more cheated than the selfish man.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s way too easy to see the real face of a person. They’re amiable and full of pretense when they want something from you, but the minute you don’t give in, back away or put yourself first, as they do, is the minute they show you who they are.”– Donna Lynn Hope
- “A man is nothing more than the things he does to get what he wants.” – Hal Ackerman
“Better not to plant seeds of selfishness than try to eradicate them once they have grown into giant weeds.” –Prem Prakash
- “Just two choices on the shelf, pleasing God or pleasing self.” – Ken Collier
- “I respect all the innocent souls because they are kind enough to forgive the selfish people around them.” – Saurabh Sharma
- “There seemed to be three choices: to give up trying to love anyone, to stop being selfish, or to learn to love a person while continuing to be selfish.” – Lydia Davis
- “Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either.” – Erich Fromm
- “You can’t be faulted for being selfish if you’re going to get better because of it.” – Jerry Lewis
- ” Selfish people try to keep or get things but they lose people.” – Hannah Garrison
- “When you work together in a creative way, you have to be less selfish about your ideas and learn to let both parties feel valued. Of course, that’s also a really great quality to have in a relationship, too.” – St. Lucia
- “But selfish isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It only means you take care of yourself and you have to do that to be able to take care of others.” – Tera Lynn Childs
- “You are too full of your own hopes to hold anyone else’s.” – Joe Abercrombie
- “Everyone is the most important person in the world to themselves.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self. Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.” – Elizabeth Goudge
- ” It’s not my job to make you happy. It’s your job to learn that only those who quit selfishly seeking their own happiness find it.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Selfishness is the most unattractive virtue a mortal can possess.” – Suyasha Subedi
“Everyone wants to help the world, but first and foremost everyone wants to help oneself.” – Maria Karvouni
- “If you want to be a generous giver, you have to watch out for selfish takers.” – Adam Grant
- “Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” – Khalil Gibran
- “A focus on self-preservation is a choice for self-destruction.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “It is interesting how the selfish, the ignorant, and the constantly angry all tend to be the same person.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “Self-interest is healthy to a certain extent, but beyond that it only brings conflicts and primitiveness in the world.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “In order to be happy, one must first let go of all pettiness and selfish attachments.” – Dee Waldeck
- “Selfishness at the expense of others is bad. Self-care for the betterment of others is good.” – Richie Norton
- “If I am selfish I might have achieved great things, but achieving great things out of my selfishness is one of the most devastating ways I can think of to fail.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Selfishness may result in one’s sense of superiority, but life as such will surely deny them.” – Eraldo Banovac
- “The best weapon for selfishness is selfishness for the cause of others.” – Enock Maregesi
- “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.”― Oscar Wilde
- “I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
- 48.“To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” ― Albert Camus
- 49.“The world says: “You have needs — satisfy them. You have as much right as the rich and the mighty. Don’t hesitate to satisfy your needs; indeed, expand your needs and demand more.” This is the worldly doctrine of today. And they believe that this is freedom. The result for the rich is isolation and suicide, for the poor, envy and murder.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“Each one lives, waving selfishness; indeed, it is human nature; whereas, one’s motives exhibit its frame of mind and character, not nature.” – Ehsan Sehgal
Many times, we want to achieve our dreams and goals. We do a lot of struggle in life for the achievement of dreams. For achieving those goals, most people start becoming selfish.
They only start thinking about themselves. It is essential that your selfishness should not affect the life of others. By reading the selfishness quotes, you will know how you can achieve your dreams.
Have few desires.” ― Lao Tzu
These quotes will inspire you to move forward in life. Many times, when you want to satisfy others, you forget to satisfy yourself. So, at that time, thinking about yourself is not selfish. First, satisfying yourself is important. By satisfying yourself, you will feel relaxed and calm.
You can get all your goals and dreams. What are your views about these selfishness quotes? Do let me know in the comments and also like and share these quotes.