Bad Leadership Quotes – Let’s come to bad leadership after discussing what leadership or good leadership is. Leadership may be termed as both a practical skill and a research area encompassing the ability of a person, the entire team, individual, group or organization to lead.
It also consists of influencing and guiding other folks, entire organizations, teams, or any of your subordinates. There are plenty of characteristics that a leader may have in order to manage his teams and related folks.
Coming towards Bad Leadership will come to a point that he lacks some of those capabilities that a true leader possess. There are some traits that a lot of ineffective leaders demonstrate that can directly or indirectly halt or affect their performance and in turn the capabilities of their subordinates.
Unresponsive leaders don’t have empathy or emotional connection with those around them and don’t come to their level of emotions.
35 Best Quotes on Bad Leadership
- “A bad leader can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation.”
- “People don’t leave bad jobs; they leave bad bosses.”
- “Failing organizations are usually over-managed and under led.”- Stephen Covey.
- “Great and pure thoughts cannot be deposited in minds accumulated with rubbish.” –Michael Bassey Johnson.
- “True leaders do not make choices with reference to the opinion of the majority. They make choices based on the opinion of the truth, and the truth can come from either the majority or the minority!” –Israelmore Ayivor.
- “Never follow a follower who is following someone who has fallen. It’s why the whole world is falling apart.” –Suzy Kassem.
- “A church leadership that cannot provide members with business ideas should stop demanding tithe from them. Plant greatness in the members and they pay greatly; Plant zero in them, and they pay in negatives!” –Israelmore Ayivor.
- “While some communities are chasing visions out, others are chasing one another away. While some leaders love breaking records, others love breaking constructed buildings. Good leaders deserve golden trophies while a gas cylinder is ok for the bad ones.” –Israelmore Ayivor.
- “Scum just like cream settles at the top.”
- “When personal agendas become more important than the team and the overarching mission’s success, performance suffers, and failure ensues” –Jocko Willink.
- “I cannot believe what you say coz I can see what you do.”
- “Your actions are too loud. I cannot hear what you’re saying”
- “Without a plan, even the most brilliant business can get lost. You need to have goals, create milestones, and have a strategy to set yourself up for success.” –Yogi Berra
“Don’t let your ego get too close to your position so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn’t go with it.” –Colin Powell
- “No one will protect what they don’t care about, and no one will care about what they have never experienced.” –David Attenborough
- “The biggest concern of an organization should be when their most passionate people become quiet.” –Tim McClure
- “Leadership is about solving problems. The day leaders stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or conclude you do not care. Either case is a failure on leadership.” –Colin Powell
- “When you are too embarrassed to ask for help, that’s a little knock at your door saying “you’re insecure”!” –Jocko Willink
- “There are no bad teams, only bad leaders.” –Leif Babin
- “Good leaders don’t make excuses. Instead, they find a way to get it done.” –Leif Babin
- “Ego clouds and disrupts everything.” –Leif Babin
- “Overconfidence was risky in such a hostile environment, a mistake most often made by warriors who had never truly been tested.” –Jocko Willink
“Good players can’t overcome bad coaching.”
- “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority” –Christine Caine
- “Good leaders don’t tell people what to do; they give them capability and inspiration” –Jeffrey Immelt
- “Effective leaders are not problem-minded; they’re opportunity minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems.” –Stephen Covey
- “Bad managers don’t listen to their employees because it makes them feel insecure when they find that employees are smarter than themselves.”
- “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better.” – Steve Jobs
- “Managers do things right. Leaders do the right thing.” – Warren Bennis
“Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” – George S. Patton
A great leader has the nerves to take real responsibilities and doesn’t play the blame game, while on the other hand a bad leader never claims his faults and puts them on others.
Another noticing fact about bad leadership is that they aren’t good listeners and try to put their opinions in front without even thinking that it is either valuable or inexpensive.
One should also keep in mind that a good leader always is consistent in everything he does but a bad leader is lazy and inconsistent.
A good leader may don’t have poor communication skills, no adaptability, micro engagement, Avoiding conflict, etc. Some other facts also include lack of vision and ambition, a not-it-all attitude, and lacking customer focus, no accountability, non-sense of focus or priority.
Read some of these amazing quotes on Bad Leadership and become a good leader and start managing teams and groups in the most professional way.