Quotes About Discipline – Discipline is one of the key factors while talking about self-construction. This term may be defined as the practice of training folks to obey any sort of rule and regulations or even a code of behavior.
It also has a direct connection with punishment because a penalty is needed to correct disobedience. Discipline is a bench of knowledge that we got from our elders, teachers, parents, or educated people, etc.
It is the core of being professional or ethical and one should have this factor as a must for either professional or domestic needs. Discipline is an action that is regulated to achieve accord or in accordance with a particular system of governance.
Everybody has a different nature of work and different disciplinary actions, it’s because of the level of knowledge that they got from others. You can have greater discipline if you have a direct concern with professional people or have less if you don’t really have any interaction with educated people.
50 Motivating Quotes and Sayings about Discipline
- “If you wish to be out front, then act as if you were behind.” – Lao Tzu
- “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we can accomplish what they can’t.” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
- “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as a punishment. And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
- “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.” – George Washington
- “A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.” – Dalai Lama
- “The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” – E.M. Gray
- “The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline.” – Bum Philips
- “Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.” – Roy L. Smith
- “With self-discipline, most anything is possible.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If I want to be great I have to win the victory over myself…self-discipline.” – Harry S. Truman
- “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.” – Jim Rohn
- “I could only achieve success in my life through self-discipline, and I applied it until my wish and my will became one.” – Nikola Tesla
- “Self-command is the main discipline.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “One discipline always leads to another discipline.” – Jim Rohn
“Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
- “The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” – William Arthur Ward
- “You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Self-discipline is the No.1 delineating factor between the rich, the middle class, and the poor.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “Confidence comes from discipline and training.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “Success is a matter of understanding and religiously practicing specific simple habits that always lead to success.” – Robjert J. Ringer
- “Success doesn’t just happen. You have to be intentional about it, and that takes discipline.” – John C. Maxwell
- “No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself.” – William Penn
- “Most talk about ‘super-geniuses’ is nonsense. I have found that when ‘stars’ drop out, successors are usually at hand to fill their places, and the successors are merely men who have learned by application and self-discipline to get full production from an average, normal brain.”- Charles M. Schwab
- “Discipline is the foundation of a successful and happy life.” – Anonymous
- “True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.” – Mortimer J. Adler
- “Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.” – Thucydides
- “You will never have a greater or lesser dominion than that over yourself…the height of a man’s success is gauged by his self-mastery; the depth of his failure by his self-abandonment. …And this law is the expression of eternal justice. He who cannot establish dominion over himself will have no dominion over others.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “The first and greatest victory is to conquer self.” – Plato
- “We must do our work for its own sake, not for fortune or attention or applause.” – Steven Pressfield
- “One painful duty fulfilled makes the next plainer and easier.” – Hellen Keller
“Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.” – Abraham J. Heschel
- “Those who have nothing have only their discipline.” – Alain Badiou
- “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” – Jim Rohn
- “It is time to reverse this prejudice against conscious effort and to see the powers we gain through practice and discipline as eminently inspiring and even miraculous.” – Robert Greene
- “With this magic ingredient, you can accomplish anything and everything you want to, and it is called self-discipline.” – Brian Tracy
- “Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Great leaders always have self-discipline -without exception.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial. Also, most importantly, it is combined with a perfectly disciplined will that refuses to give in. It’s a state of mind-you could call it character in action.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” – Clint Eastwood
- “Success is actually a short race – a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough for habit to kick in and take over.” – Gary Keller
- “By constant self-discipline and self-control you can develop greatness of character.” – Grenville Kleiser
- “He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. That is the nature of living creatures.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.” – Seneca
- “It is not enough to have great qualities; We should also have the management of them.” – La Rochefoucauld
- “Discipline really means our ability to get ourselves to do things when we don’t want to.” – Arden Mahlberg
“Your level of success is determined by your level of discipline and perseverance.” – Anonymous
Discipline may be defined as a set of expectations that are necessary or sometimes required by any organization including the self, class, industries, fields, societies, groups, and more. This characteristic has been directly or indirectly involved in many societies throughout history. You have to be civilized and disciplined to get real exposure.
People will only acknowledge you according to the level of ethics that you learn or got from others. It is scientifically approved that you have to do small things in a proper manner. These small facts will lead you towards having victory on self or overall standards.
Here are a bunch of inspiring quotes about a discipline that helps you stay on track and get motivated. Discipline, obedience, and consistency are the main pillars that help people in achieving success in their lives. If you want to become a successful person, just read these amazing quotes on Discipline and become one.