Let’s delve right into some of Charles Fillmore quotes to strengthen our faith and remind ourselves that our needs are supported. As you will see from the quotes, you will realise that Charles Fillmore was a devout christian who based his teachings from the Bible. However, just like Eric Butterworth he had New Thought influences so he was a biblical teacher with a twist.
Together with his wife Myrtle Page Fillmore they founded Unity in 1889, a church in the New Thought Movement. The church still exists today.
Charles Fillmore Quotes 1-15
- “We are always decreeing, sometimes consciously, often unconsciously, and with every thought and word we are increasing or diminishing the threefold activity of substance. The resulting manifestation conforms to our thought, “As he thinketh within himself, so is he.”
- Labor has ceased for him who has found this inner kingdom. Divine supply is brought forth without laborious struggle: to desire is to have fulfillment.
- Whoever you are and whatever your immediate need, you can demonstrate the law. If your thoughts are
confused, become still and know. Be still and know that you are one with the substance and with the law
of its manifestation. Say with conviction: I am strong, immovable Spirit substance.
- Ideas are centers of consciousness. They have a positive and a negative pole and generate thoughts of
every conceivable kind. Hence a man’s body, health, intelligence, finances, in fact everything about him,
are derived from the ideas to which he gives his attention.
- The very fact that you have an ideal condition or world in your mind carries with it the possibility of its
fulfillment in expression.
- If your prosperity does not become manifest as soon as you pray and affirm God as your substance, your supply, and your support, refuse to give up. Show your faith by keeping up the work. You have plenty of Scripture to back you up. Jesus taught it from the beginning to the end of His ministry and demonstrated it on many occasions.
- Let us all know that just now we are in the very presence of creative Mind, the Mind that made the universe and everything in it. This Mind is here and at work right now as much as it ever was or ever will be. When we fully realize this, we increase the activity of Mind in us immeasurably. You must realize that God is Spirit and that Spirit is very real and powerful, and by far the most substantial thing in all the world.
- You demonstrate prosperity by an understanding of the prosperity law and by having faith in it, not by
appealing to the sympathy of others, trying to get them to do something for you or give you something.
- No one ever attained spiritual consciousness without striving for it. The first step is to ask. Ask and it shall be given to you. Prayer is one form of asking, seeking and knocking. Then make your mind receptive to the Higher understanding through silent meditations and affirmations of Truth. The ernest desire to understand spiritual things will open the way and revelation within and without will follow.
- “You must first enter into the understanding that God, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient, is the source and that you can draw on this source without limit.”
- “I refuse to be anxious about tomorrow or even the next minute. I know that God does provide for the fulfillment of His divine idea, and I am that divine idea.”
- “Bless what you receive; bless what you send out. God’s plenteous substance moves in and through our mind constantly like a light shining in the darkness, but we do not comprehend it.”
- “All causes are essentially mental, and whosoever comes into daily contact with a high order of thinking must take on some of it.”
- “Men who accomplish great things in the industrial world are the ones who have faith in the money producing power of ideas.”
- “We increase whatever we praise. The whole creation responds to praise, and is glad.”
So now you have heard what Charles Fillmore says, let’s get to know him a little bit more.
Charles Fillmore was born in an Indian reservation close to St. Cloud, Minnesota, on August 22, 1854. Due to an unfortunate event, he broke his hip during ice-skating when he was 10. Thus, he suffered from lifelong abilities.
Charles studied Tennyson, Shakespeare, Lowell, Emerson, and worked on spiritualism, metaphysics, and Eastern religions when he was young even though he has a modest formal education.
In the mid 1870s Charles met his wife Mary Caroline Page, known as Myrtle. They married in , in Clinton, Missouri, on March 29, 1881. Myrtle was born in Pagetown, Ohio, on October 6, 1845.
who agonized from periodic tuberculosis. They were blessed with three sons.
Charles served as a railroad freight clerk while Myrtle was a schoolteacher. From around 1886, the couple participated in New Thought classes, conducted by Dr. E. B. Weeks. Following these classes it is reported thatCharles started to heal from his childhood accident, and Myrtle who had constantly suffered from tuberclosis recovered from her sickness. In 1914, they founded and launched the Unity School of Christianity and Modern Thought Publishing Company.
In 1920, Fillmore expanded the reach of their advocacy through the new medium of radio. Subsequently, they purchased the WOQ station.
Following the death of Myrtle in 1931, Fillmore later remarried Cora G. Dedrick. In 1948, Charles Fillmore passed away. However, the Unity Churches continued to grow as a worldwide movement.
Philosophy and Publications
According to the Wikipedia, Charles Fillmore and Myrtle’s beliefs focused on two basic intentions: that “God is good, and that God is always available, God is in you.”
Charles Fillmore was a prolific writer and he left a legacy of several books some of which include:
- The Twelve Powers
- Metaphysical Bible Dictionary
- Atom Smashing Power
- Mysteries of John
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- Jesus Christ Heals
If there is one thing to take from his words, it is that Charles Fillmore believed that God has our backs and when we leverage with that power we have the ability to transcend our limitations. He writes, “I refuse to be anxious about tomorrow or even the next minute. I know that God does provide for the fulfillment of His divine idea, and I am that divine idea.” Words of inspiration indeed, may they carry you as you go about your daily errands.
If this has sparked your interest and you would like to get hard copies of Charles Fillmore’s books, you can find them on Amazon.