Today, Joseph Murphy joins a long list of inspirational people on this blog. Sitting next to him are other great minds such as Christian D Larson, Emmet Fox, Thomas Troward and many others. What a huge honor to have him here. Before I give you Joseph Murphy quotes, let’s do a bit of a background to this legendary man.
Joseph Murphy – a little biography
Joseph Murphy was an author and Divine Science minister, born on May 20, 1898, in Ireland. Murphy’s father is a private boy’s school headmaster. He grew as a Roman Catholic and joined the Jesuits.
He also attended priesthood and leaves the Jesuits during his 20s because of the healing prayer experience. Later, he moved to the United States and worked as a pharmacist in New York. He also joined the Church of the Healing Christ, where Emmet Fox was the minister in 1931.
Joseph Murphy went to Los Angeles in the mid-1940s. There, he met Ernest Holmes, the founder of Religious Science. In 1946, Holmes fated him to Religious Science. As he met Erwin Gregg, the president of Divine Science Association, he was re-ordained to Divine Science. In 1949, Murphy worked as the Los Angeles Divine Science Church minister. It is the time of the country’s most prominent New Thought congregations were established.
In the next century, he acquired a Ph.D. in psychology at the University of Southern California. It is also the time that he got married. Then, he pursues his writing career. Unfortunately, his wife passed away in 1976. He was remarried to his associate Divine Science minister, who was also his secretary. Joseph Murphy died in 1981.
Joseph Murphy Books
Joseph Murphy’s books also help people all over the world. Some of his books include the following:
- 15 Minute Read: The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- Telepsychics: Using Your Hidden Subconscious Powers
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- How to Attract Money
- This is it – The Art of Metaphysical Demonstration
- The Miracles of Your Mind: Are you ready to unlock your true potential?
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind: Unlock the Secrets Within
- How to Use the Laws of Mind
- Psychic Perception: The Magic of Extrasensory Power
- Magic of Faith (Unabridged Start Publishing LLC)
- Believe in Yourself
Joseph Murphy Inspirational Quotes
Joseph Murphy taught, wrote, counseled, and lectured thousands for people worldwide when he was the minister-director of the Church of Divine Science in Los Angeles. There are also millions of people who turned to his daily radio program. They also read Murphy’s writings, which are over 30 books. His genres are about mind and body, health, self-help, religion, and spirituality.
People know Joseph Murphy as a prolific and widely admired New Thought writer and minister. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind was one of his famous inspirational classics. It first appeared in 1963 in the self-help scene and became his international bestseller.
He is also a famous speaker and taught in Asia, Europe as well as South Africa. He also lectured on American coasts. He is among the revolutionary voices of the positive-thinking philosophy.
One of his most rewarding activities was speaking to inmates in several prisons. He inspired many inmates and changed their lives into meaningful and spiritual lives. He would write in his office for about 4 to 6 hours without disturbance until he stopped. Joseph Murphy’s work of cassettes and CDs continue to help individuals to this day.
- “The treasure house is within you. Look within for the answer to your heart’s desire.”- Dr Joseph Murphy
- “Watch what you say. You have to account for every idle word. Never say, “I will fail; I will lose my job; I can’t pay the rent.” Your subconscious cannot take a joke. It brings all these things to pass.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Remember, it is not the thing believed in, but the belief in your own mind, which brings about the result. Cease believing in the false beliefs, opinions, superstitions, and fears of mankind. Begin to believe in the eternal verities and truths of life, which never change. Then, you will move onward, upward, and Godward.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Great and noble thoughts upon which you habitually dwell become great acts.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Never use the terms, “I can’t afford it” or “I can’t do this.” Your subconscious mind takes you at your word and sees to it that you do not have the money or the ability to do what you want to do. Affirm, “I can do all things through the power of my subconscious mind.”” – Joseph Murphy quotes
- “Your prayer is answered according to the universal law of action and reaction. Thought is incipient action. The reaction is the response from your subconscious mind which corresponds with the nature of your thought. Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, health, peace, and good will, and wonders will happen in your life.” – Joseph Murphy
- “God, or Life, never sends disease, sickness, accident, or suffering. We bring these things on ourselves by our own negative destructive thinking based upon the law as we sow, so shall we reap.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Your subconscious mind is a recording machine which reproduces your habitual thinking. Think good of the other, and you are actually thinking good about yourself.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Your subconscious mind is like the soul, which accepts any kind of seed, good or bad.”- Dr. Joseph Murphy
- “Every thought is a cause and every condition is an effect.”- Dr. Joseph Murphy
- “The feeling of wealth produces wealth; keep this in mind at all times. Your subconscious mind is like a bank, a sort of universal financial institution. It magnifies whatever you deposit or impress upon it whether it is the idea of wealth or of poverty. Choose wealth.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Your subconscious mind controls all the vital processes of your body and knows the answer to all the problems.” – Joseph Murphy
- “What do you believe about yourself, life and the universe? It is done unto you as you believe.” – Joseph Murphy
- “You are like a captain navigating a ship. You must give the right orders, thoughts and images to your subconscious which controls and governs all your experiences.” – Joseph Murphy“The law of attraction attracts to you everything you need, according to the nature of your thought life. Your environment and financial condition are the perfect reflection of your habitual thinking. Thought rules the world.” – Joseph Murphy
- “All things that have happened to you are based on thoughts impressed on the subconscious mind through belief. The subconscious mind will accept your beliefs and accept your convictions.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The subconscious mind is ruled by suggestion, it accepts all suggestions – it does not argue with you – it fulfils your wishes.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Think good and good follows. Think evil and evil follows. You are what you think all day long.” – Joseph Murphy
- “All of us have our own inner fears, beliefs, opinions. These inner assumptions rule and govern our lives. A suggestion has no power in and of itself, its power arises from the fact that you accept it mentally.” – Joseph Murphy
- “As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Know that in your deeper mind are infinite intelligence and infinite power.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The truth is you can acquire any quality you want by acting as though you already have it.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Infinite riches are all around you if you will open your mental eyes and behold the treasure house of infinity within you. There is a gold mine within you from which you can extract everything you need to live life gloriously, joyously, and abundantly.” – Joseph Murphy quotes
- “Whatever your conscious mind assumes and believes to be true, your subconscious mind will accept and bring to pass. Believe in good fortune, divine guidance, right action, and all the blessings of life.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Your subconscious mind does not argue with you. It accepts what your conscious mind decrees. If you say, “I can’t afford it,” your subconscious mind works to make it true. Select a better thought. Decree, “I’ll buy it. I accept it in my mind.”” – Joseph Murphy
- “As a person thinks, feels, and believes, so is the condition of his or her mind, body, and circumstances.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The first thing to remember is the dual nature of your mind. The subconscious mind is constantly amenable to the power of suggestion; furthermore the subconscious mind has complete control of the functions, conditions, and sensations of your body. Trust the subconscious mind to heal you. It made your body, and it knows all of its processes and functions. It knows much more than your conscious mind about healing and restoring you to perfect balance.” – Joseph Murphy
- “You can develop the right mental attitude when you realize that nothing external can upset you or hurt you without your mental consent.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Your subconscious never sleeps. It is always on the job. It controls all your vital functions. Forgive yourself and everyone else before you go to sleep, and healing will take place much more rapidly.” – Joseph Murphy
- “When you imagine the reality of the fulfilled desire and feel the thrill of accomplishment, your subconscious brings about the realisation of desire.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Watch your thoughts. Every thought accepted as true is sent by your brain to your solar plexus – your abdominal brain – and is brought into your world as a reality.” – Joseph Murphy
- “All you have to do is unite, mentally and emotionally with the good you wish to embody. The creative powers of your subconscious will respond accordingly.” – Joseph Murphy quotes
- “The great secret possessed by the great men of all ages was their ability to contact and release the powers of their subconscious mind. You can do the same.” – Joseph Murphy
- “It is said that fear is man’s greatest enemy. Fear is behind failure, sickness, and poor human relations. Millions of people are afraid of the past, the future, old age, insanity, and death. Fear is a thought in your mind, and you are afraid of your own thoughts.” – Joseph Murphy
- “It is foolish to believe in something to hurt or harm you. Remember, it is not the thing believed in that hurts or harms you, but the belief or thought in your mind, which creates the result. All your experiences, all your actions, and all the events and circumstances of your life are but the reflections and reactions to your own thought.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The most wonderful thing to know is this: Imagine the end desired and feel its reality; then the infinite life principle will respond to your conscious choice and your conscious request. This is the meaning of believe you have received, and you shall receive. This what the modern mental scientist does when he practices prayer therapy.” – Joseph Murphy
- “All disease originates in the mind. Nothing appears on the body unless there is a mental pattern corresponding to it.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Prior to sleep, turn over a specific request to your subconscious mind and prove its miracle-working power to yourself.” – Joseph Murphy
- “A hateful or resentful thought is a mental poison. Do not think ill of another for to do so is to think ill of yourself. You are the only thinker in your universe, and your thoughts are creative.” – Joseph Murphy
“There is no block to your happiness save in your own thought life and mental imagery. Is fear or worry holding you back? Fear is a thought in your mind. You can dig it up this very moment by supplanting it with faith in success, achievement, and victory over all problems.” – Joseph Murphy
- “It is abnormal to be sick; it simply means you are going against the stream of life and thinking negatively.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The miraculous healings you hear about at various shrines are due to imagination and blind faith which act on the subconscious mind, releasing the healing power.” – Joseph Murphy
- “As you go to sleep at night, practice the following technique. Repeat the word, “Wealth,” quietly, easily, and feelingly. Do this over and over again, just like a lullaby. Lull yourself to sleep with the one word, “Wealth.” You should be amazed at the result. Wealth should flow to you in avalanches of abundance.” – Joseph Murphy
- “You are the sum total of your own thoughts. You can keep from entertaining negative thought and imagery. The way to get rid of darkness is with light; the way to overcome cold is with heat; the way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought. Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Imagination is the most powerful faculty. Imagine what is lovely and of good report. You are what you imagine yourself to be.” – Joseph Murphy
- “You can build radiant health, success and happiness by the thoughts you think in the hidden studio of your mind.” – Joseph Murphy
“Whether the object of your faith is real or false, you will get results. Your subconscious mind responds to the thought in your mind. Look upon faith as a thought in your mind and that will suffice.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Remember that the subconscious mind has determined the success and wonderful achievements of all great scientific workers.” – Joseph Murphy
- “There is a miraculous healing power in your subconscious that can heal the troubled mind and the broken heart. It can open the prison door of the mind and liberate you. It can free you from all kinds of material and physical bondage.” – Joseph Murphy
- “You can interfere with the normal rhythm of your heart, lungs, and other organs by worry, anxiety, and fear. Feed your subconscious with thoughts of harmony, health, and peace, and all the functions of your body will become normal again.” – Joseph Murphy
“Deposit thoughts of prosperity, wealth, and success in your subconscious mind, and the latter will give you compound interest.” – Joseph Murphy
- “If you are wondering about the answer to a problem, try to solve it objectively. Get all the information you can from research and also from others. If no answer comes, turn it over to your subconscious mind prior to sleep, and the answer always comes. It never fails.” – Joseph Murphy
- “You are as young as you think you are. You are as strong as you think you are. You are as useful as you think you are. You are as young as your thoughts.” – Joseph Murphy
- “An excellent way to get acquainted with the two functions of your mind is to look upon your mind as a garden. You are a gardener, and you are planting seeds (thoughts) in your subconscious mind all day long, based on your habitual thinking. As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.” – Joseph Murphy
“Your subconscious is the builder of your body and is on the job 24 hours a day. You interfere with its life giving patterns by negative thinking.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The feeling of health produces health; the feeling of wealth produces wealth. How do you feel?” – Joseph Murphy
- “Suppose you are afraid of the water, a mountain, an interview, an audition, or you fear closed spaces. If you are afraid of swimming, begin now to sit still for five or ten minutes three or four times a day, and imagine you are swimming. Actually, you are swimming in your mind. It is a subjective experience. Mentally you have projected yourself into the water. You feel the chill of the water and the movement of your arms and legs. It is all real, vivid, and a joyous activity of the mind. It is not idle daydreaming, for you know that what you are experiencing in your imagination will be developed in your subconscious mind. Then you will be compelled to express the image and likeness of the picture you impressed on your deeper mind. This is the law of the subconscious. You could apply the same technique if you are afraid of mountains, or high places. Imagine you are climbing the mountain, feel the reality of it all, enjoy the scenery, knowing that as you continue to do this mentally, you will do it physically with ease and comfort.” – Joseph Murphy
- “A psychologist friend of mine told me that one of his lungs was infected. X rays and analysis showed the presence of tuberculosis. At night before going to sleep he would quietly affirm, “Every cell, nerve, tissue, and muscle of my lungs are now being made whole, pure, and perfect. My whole body is being restored to health and harmony.” These are not his exact words, but they represent the essence of what he affirmed. A complete healing followed in about a month’s time. Subsequent X rays showed a perfect healing.” – Joseph Murphy
“If you are seeking promotion in your work, imagine your employer, supervisor, or loved one congratulating you on your promotion. Make the picture vivid and real. Hear the voice, see the gestures, and feel the reality of it all. Continue to do this frequently, and through frequent occupancy of your mind, you will experience the joy of the answered prayer.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Know that you can remake yourself by giving a new blueprint to your subconscious mind.” – Joseph Murphy
- “What you write on the inside, you will experience it on the outside.” – Joseph Murphy
- “A mental picture is worth a thousand words. Your subconscious will bring to pass any picture held in the mind backed by faith.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The symptoms of almost any disease can be induced in you by hypnotic suggestion. This shows you the power of your thought.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The idea you have for a book, new invention, or play is real in your mind. That is why you can believe you have it now. Believe in the reality of your idea, plan, or invention, and as you do it will become manifest.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Keep your conscious mind busy with the expectation of the best, and your subconscious will faithfully reproduce your habitual thinking.” – Joseph Murphy
- “The law of action and reaction is universal. Your thought is action, and the reaction is the automatic response of your subconscious mind to your thought. Watch your thoughts!” – Joseph Murphy
- “Whatever you impress on your subconscious mind is expressed on the screen of space as conditions, experiences, and events. Therefore, you should carefully watch all ideas and thoughts entertained in your conscious mind.” – Joseph Murphy
“Your Subconscious has the answer to all problems. If you suggest to your subconscious prior to sleep, “I want to get up at 6 A.M.,” it will awaken you at that exact time.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Your subconscious mind is the builder of your body and can heal you. Lull yourself to sleep every night with the idea of perfect health, and your subconscious, being your faithful servant, will obey you.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Remind yourself frequently that the healing power is in your own subconscious mind.”- Dr. Joseph Murphy
- “Whatever your conscious mind assumes and believes to be true, your subconscious mind will accept and bring to pass. Believe in good fortune, divine guidance, right action and all the blessings of life.”- Dr Joseph Murphy
Which Joseph Murphy quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments.
If you have enjoyed this page, please share the inspiration. Inspiration is the best gift to all, I believe.