Gymnastics Quotes – A sport that includes plenty of physical exercises requiring balance, agility, strength, flexibility, endurance, coordination, belief, and a strong mind for handling all these stuff simultaneously.
The movements involved in this kind of sport contribute to the development of the arms, shoulders, legs, feet, back, abdominal muscles group, and chest, etc. One should fulfill all the physical needs and requirements along with the real enthusiasms regarding this sport in order to think of doing it.
Gymnastics that was performed one or two decades earlier is just redundant because it has evolved from exercises used by the ancient Greeks such as the ability to dismounting and mounting a horse, and from circus performance skills.
Here are some exceptional and motivating quotes or proverbs on Gymnastics that help you boost your momentum and get things done while having dozen of courage.
56 Gymnastics Quotes for real Enthusiasm
- “As much time as you put into it, that’s what your achievements are going to be when you come out of it.” – Mary Lou Retton.
- “I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.” - Nadia Comaneci.
- “We always say at our gym, if you lose the nerves, you lose the sport.” - Shawn Johnson.
- “Don’t ever be afraid to dream too big. Nothing is impossible. If you believe in yourself, you can achieve it.” – Nastia Liukin.
- “I’m a writer, so whatever gymnastics jump through my head, I write about it.” – Earl King.
- “There will be mistakes, there will be falters. There will be things that are not a part of your plan. See the challenges in your life and accept them and embrace them.” – Dominique Dawes.
- “It’s important to push yourself further than you think you can go each and every day. That is what separates the good from the great.” -Kerri Strug.
- “Go into the sport because you have fun doing it, not because of ‘what ifs’ and dreams of gold medals. That way, no matter what happens, you win.” – Shannon Miller.
- “Wake up every day knowing that today is a new day and only you can determine the outcome of that day. So dream big, accept the challenge, and never look back.” – Alicia Sacramone.
- “If you believe you can get through an injury and fight back, and you really love gymnastics enough, you can get through it.” – Courtney Kupets.
- “It’s not about winning or losing a competition, it’s about beating the doubt from within yourself and knowing at the end of each day you are one step closer to your goals.” – Jonathan Horton.
- “Competing in gymnastics is the greatest reminder of being alive as a human being.” – Raj Bhavsar.
- “Hard work is always hard work, for young gymnasts and old gymnasts. Whoever can handle this will be a champion.” – Svetlana Boguinskaya.
- “Set your goals, follow your dreams, listen to your heart and don’t let anything stand in your way.” – Brandy Johnson.
- “Every single element, even the most hair-raising, can be improved.”- Dmitry Bilozerchev.
- “Everything is about your movements and precision and timing, which is what gymnastics is about.” – Shawn Johnson.
- “Gymnastics has made me strong. I feel like it broke me down to my lowest point, but at the same time, it has given me the greatest strength anyone could ask for.” – Shawn Johnson.
- “Even if kids don’t love gymnastics, if they start at any age with some classes, they can learn so many things. They can build a lot of character, strength, flexibility, and courage. Hopefully, they can also develop a sense of fearlessness.”– Nastia Liukin.
“My entire adolescence was geared toward one thing: gymnastics.”- Kerri Strug.
- “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” – Paul Valery.
- “Some of the world’s greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.” – Doug Larson.
- “You and I are human- we will mess up. What counts is learning from your mistakes and getting back up when life has knocked you down.” – Shawn Johnson.
- “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” – Simone Bile.
- “Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on?” – Peter McWilliams.
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do!” – Robert Schuller.
- “There is always going to be a reason why you can’t do something- your job is to constantly look for the reasons why you can achieve your dreams.” – Shannon Miller.
- “Jump off the beam, flip off the bars, follow your dreams and reach for the stars” – Nadia Comaneci.
- “Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself.” – Mary Schmich.
- “Repeatedly convincing yourself you aren’t going to die.” – Simone Biles.
- “The only one who can tell you ‘you can’t’ is you. And you don’t have to listen.” – Nike.
- “We can push ourselves further. We always have more to give.” – Simone Biles.
- “If you dream and you allow yourself to dream you can do anything.” – Clara Hughes.
- “If you are afraid of failure, you don’t deserve success.” – Nastia Liukin.
- “You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.” – Edwin Louis Cole.
- “If you don’t leap, you’ll never know what it’s like to fly.” – Guy Finley.
- “There are no limits on your dreams if you’re willing to work for it.” – Shannon Miller.
- “Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.” – Unknown*.
- “Hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made.” – Gabby Douglas.
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke.
- “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable.
- “This is how sport has contributed to my personality, toughness and discipline. I have a plan, and I work on it.” – Svetlana Khorkina.
- “Above all, you have to love what you are doing. You cannot fake passion. If you love it you can fight through the rough times and enjoy the good times.” – Shannon Miller.
- “Never give up and always keep fighting, because though times may be tough, the sacrifices do pay off. So just keep pushing towards your dream and just love it at the same time and enjoy it.” – Gabby Douglas.
- “Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it lit.” – Mary Lou Retton.
- “Success depends on how much you are willing to sacrifice, how much you are willing to alter your everyday life for a particular goal.” – Bela Karolyi.
- “It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” – Roy Disney.
- “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all”. – Simone Biles.
- “Talent alone is not enough. I believe that a really good gymnast is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.” – Vladislav Rastorotsky.
- “After a while, if you work on a certain move consistently, then it doesn’t seem so risky. The idea is that the move stays dangerous and it looks dangerous to my opponents — but it isn’t to me. That is my secret.” – Nadia Comaneci.
- “After thorough reflection, I realized that my desire to achieve my goals in this sport outweighed my self-doubt. This perseverance has helped me to be successful not only in gymnastics, but in my non-athletic life as well.” – Jonathan Horton.
“Everyone gets scared, and everyone falls. The key is to get right back up and try again.” – Shannon Miller.
One of the most common forms of competitive gymnastics is artistic gymnastics. More elaborately, it consists of the event floor, uneven bars, vault, and beam for women. While on the other hand, it consists of the events floor, rings, pommel horse, vault, rings, parallel bars, and horizontal bar for men.
There are professionals who are just beyond everything because you don’t believe your eye while seeing them displaying gymnastics. Olympics have to take gymnastics to the next level and that’s the reason it is getting some real fan base of millions of folks globally.
“I don’t call them sacrifices. I call them exchanges.” – Shawn Johnson.
Rather than these, there are plenty of organizations that furnish their events professionally. Olympics have introduced tons of forms of gymnastics that help all gymnastic enthusiasts to reveal their talent in front of the world with ease.