Hospitality Quotes – When guests come to our home, our hospitality has a substantial impact on them. The guest never forgets how we made them feel and how we treat them. When we show the guest hospitality with warmth and kindness, we develop strong and deep connections.
If you want others to be kind and polite with yourself, it is crucial to treat them the same. According to a very famous proverb, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.
To become hospitable is the great blessing of God. Guests are the blessing of God. So by treating them with warmth and kindness, we are getting the blessings of our God.
Many famous people write a lot about being hospitable. We have some famous hospitality quotes that will inspire you to be nice to your guests. These quotes will warm your heart and encourage you to be hospitable.
51 Most Popular Hospitality Quotes
- “I think preparing food and feeding people brings nourishment not only to our bodies but to our spirits. Feeding people is a way of loving them, in the same way that feeding ourselves is a way of honoring our own creativeness and fragility.” – Shauna Niequist
- “Hospitality exists when you believe the other person is on your side.” – Anonymous
- “The ornaments of your home are the people who smile upon entering time and time again.”– Maralee McKee
- “I want them to bite into a cookie, and think of me, and smile. Food is love. Food has a power. I knew it in my mind, but now I know it in my heart.” – Jael McHenry
- “I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.” – Nancie J. Carmody
- “Hospitality is simply an opportunity to show love and care.” – Anonymous
- “Always keep your home presentable, assuming you keep a home for purposes of presentation.” – Robert Brault
- “True hospitality is marked by an open response to the dignity of each and every person.” – Kathleen Norris
- “Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were.” – Justine Vogt
- “It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.” – Anonymous
- “Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody.” – Samuel Pepys
- “Life, within doors, has few pleasanter prospects than a neatly arranged and well-provisioned breakfast-table.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “We labor to make a house a home, then every time we’re expecting visitors, we rush to turn it back into a house.” – Robert Brault
- “In its essence, a meal is a creative actthat has its genesis in the mind of someone who cares enough to plan it, gather ingredients and labor over its creation.”– Andi Ashworth
- “Hospitality is the practice of God’s welcome by reaching across difference to participate in God’s actions bringing justice and healing to our world in crisis.” – Letty M. Russell
- “There is communion of more than our bodies when bread is broken and wine drunk.” – M. F. K. Fisher
- “Listening is a form of spiritual hospitality by which you invite strangers to become friends, to get to know their inner selves more fully, and even to dare to be silent with you.” – Henri J.M. Nouwen
“Hospitality means primarily the creation of free space where the stranger can enter and become a friend instead of an enemy. Hospitality is not to change people, but to offer them space where change can take place. It is not to bring men and women over to our side, but to offer freedom not disturbed by dividing lines.” – Henri J. M. Nouwen
- “Eating, and hospitality in general, is a communion, and any meal worth attending by yourself is improved by the multiples of those with whom it is shared.” – Jesse Browner
- “As a dinner guest I gratefully eat just about anything that’s set before me, because graciousness among friends is dearer to me than any other agenda.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “A soul of hospitality and a heart of humanity is a house of love, peace, freedom, liberty and justice.” – Auliq Ice
- “There is nothing that makes me happier than sitting around the dinner table and talking until the candles are burned down.”– Madeleine L’Engle
- “There is no place in God’s world where there are no people who will come and share a home as long as it is a real home.” – Francis A. Schaeffer
- “When friends are at your hearth side met, Sweet courtesy has done its most. If you have made each guest forget, That he himself is not the host.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- “Hospitality should have no other nature than love. – Henrietta Mears
- HOSPITALITY, n. The virtue which induces us to feed and lodge certain persons who are not in need of food and lodging.” – Ambrose Bierce
- “What is there more kindly than the feeling between host and guest?” – Aeschylus
- “A good time occurs precisely when we lose track of what time it is.” – Robert Farrar Capon
- “Entertaining doesn’t need to be a difficult or daunting process. Throwing an unforgettable party doesn’t require a ton of time or money; it just requires a little thought, creativity, and heart.” – Maury Ankrum
- “The homes I like the best are totally occupied, busy, and useful, whether it’s a tiny little house or a great big one. Rarely do you find a great big house that’s used in a good way. So I prefer smaller spaces that are full of things that people are doing.”– Martha Stewart
- “Hospitality is present when something happens for you. It is absent when something happens to you. Those two simple prepositions – for and to – express it all.” – Danny Meyer
“Hospitality is almost impossible to teach. It’s all about hiring the right people.” – Danny Meyer
- “In the cherry blossom’s shade, there’s no such thing as a stranger.” – Kobayashi Issa
- “Intelligent luxury is all about thinking about what really is special for our guests, what’s different, and to give them a surprise that they are not used to.” – Sonu Shivdasani
- “There is no hospitality like understanding.” – Vanna Bonta
- “Never risk what you can’t afford to lose, and you can never, ever compromise your trust, because once you lose that you can never get it back. It will take a lifetime to build and minutes to lose.” – Isadore Sharp
- “That was my mother’s policy: Feel free, feel welcome. Be happy.” – Bridgett M. Davis
- “Some of my remarks may appear to be too detailed, but it’s the little things that make the big things possible. The close attention to the fine details of any operation – restaurants, hotels or what-not – makes that operation first class.” – J. Willard Marriott
- ” It’s not always what is said, but what is left on the plate, that tells the true story.” – Sarah Pullen
- “Hospitality starts with cleanliness. Be sure to make it a beautiful place where anyone can feel content.” – Shoukei Matsumoto
- “Each one of you is responsible for hospitality.”– Alice DeSouza
- “True hospitality is welcoming the stranger on her own terms. This kind of hospitality can only be offered by those who’ve found the center of their lives in their own hearts.” -Henri Nouwen
- “Hospitality is the key to new ideas, new friends, new possibilities. What we take into our lives changes us. Without new people and new ideas, we are imprisoned inside ourselves.”– Joan D Chittister
- “A life of hospitality begins in worship, with a recognition of God’s grace and generosity. Hospitality is not first a duty and responsibility; it is first a response of love and gratitude for God’s love and welcome to us.”– Christine Pohl
- “Hospitality is present when something happens for you. It is absent when something happens to you. Those two simple prepositions for and to express it all.”– Danny Meyer
- “Hospitality is the practice of God’s welcome by reaching across difference to participate in God’s actions bringing justice and healing to our world in crisis.”– Letty M. Russell
- “Hospitality is almost impossible to teach. It’s all about hiring the right people.”– Danny Meyer
Hospitality is the way by which everyone can deepen their relationships with each other. It is the way to make your bond stronger with other people. When we make our guests feel happy, we are making memories with our guests.
Not every person can be hospitable. As it is the work of generous people. For being hospitable, you have to spread love towards others. When we are hospitable, then not only guests feel good, but we also get inner satisfaction and peace.
“Hospitality is simply love on the loose.”– Joan D Chittister
The happiness that our guests feel is priceless. To create the spark of hospitality and tell you the importance of hospitality, we compiled the hospitality quotes for you.
With these, you will learn how to be hospitable. Hospitality quotes will activate our emotions and take us in the right direction. Do you like these hospitable quotes? If so, then comment, like, and share them.