Inspiring Church Quotes – The church is a place where the Christians worship together. The church is an inspirational source for Christians. As in the church, Christians can unite and worship God.
People go to church and pray. By praying to God, they find inner peace and inspiration. God is the basis of inspiration for people. People believe that God is responsible for all the good and bad things in every person’s life.
The source of inspiration for different people is different. People find their inner comfort and peace while praying to God in church. So many people find church an inspiration in their life.
For telling you the importance of church, we have collected some famous inspirational church quotes. Many writers have different points of view about the church. These quotes from famous writers will let you know more about the church.
Popular Inspiring Church Quotes That Will Encourage Your Faith
- “The True Church can never fail. For it is based upon a rock.” – T.S. Eliot
- “Church attendance is as vital to a disciple as a transfusion of rich, healthy blood to a sick man.”– Dwight L. Moody
- “There is no one true church, no one chosen people”. – Terry Tempest Williams
- “The church is precisely that against which Jesus preached, and against which he taught his disciples to fight.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The old cathedrals are good, but the great blue dome that hangs over everything is better.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “The perfect church service, would be one we were almost unaware of. Our attention would have been on God.”– C.S. Lewis
- “There is no heresy or no philosophy which is so abhorrent to the church as a human being.” – James Joyce
- ” Many come to bring their clothes to church rather than themselves.” – Thomas Fuller
- “The nearer the Church the further from God.” – Lancelot Andrewes
- “My own mind is my own church.”– Thomas Paine
- “Wherever we see the Word of God purely preached and heard, there a church of God exists, even if it swarms with many faults.” – John Calvin
- “Yes, I see the Church as the body of Christ. But, oh! How we have blemished and scarred that body through social neglect and through fear of being nonconformists.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “In the Church, considered as a social organism, the mysteries inevitably degenerate into beliefs.” – Simone Weil
- I” believe there are too many practitioners in the church who are not believers.” – C.S. Lewis
- “It would be far better to be of no church than to be bitter of any.” – William Penn
- “I like the silence of a church, before the service begins better than any preaching.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ” Where God builds a church the devil builds a chapel.” – Martin Luther
“I think the church and the religion right now have a lot more to be worried about than SLAYER.” – Kerry King
- “There is one grand, all-comprehending church; and if I am a Christian, I belong to it, and no man can shut me out of it.” – William E. Channing
- “The root of almost every schism and heresy from which the Christian Church has suffered, has been because of the effort of men to earn, rather than receive their salvation; and the reason preaching is so commonly ineffective is, that it often calls on people to work for God rather than letting God work through them.”– John Ruskin
- “Church is the only place where someone speaks to me and I do not have to answer back.” – Charles de Gaulle
- “We need to avoid the spiritual sickness of a church that is wrapped up in its own world: when a church becomes like this, it grows sick.”– Pope Francis
- “A church is a place in which gentlemen who have never been to heaven brag about it to persons who will never get there.”– H. L. Mencken
- “The style of God venerated in the church, mosque, or synagogue seems completely different from the style of the natural universe.”– Alan Watts
- “We sing in a church, why can we not dance there?” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Nothing doth so much keep men out of the Church, and drive men out of the Church, as breach of unity.” – Francis Bacon
- “It is one of the ironies of the ministry that the very man who works in God’s name is often hardest put to find time for God. The parents of Jesus lost Him at church, and they were not the last ones to lose Him there.” – Vance Havner
- “You can be committed to Church but not committed to Christ, but you cannot be committed to Christ and not committed to church.” – Joel Osteen
- “Though the church has many critics, it has no rivals.” – Anonymous32. I”n a church of my own we’re perfect together I recognize you in the stained glass.” – Heather Nova
- “He who is near the Church is often far from God.” – French Proverb
- “The church is so subnormal that if it ever got back to the New Testament normal it would seem to people to be abnormal.” – Vance Havner
- “The Church has always been willing to swap off treasures in heaven for cash down.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
- “The Reformation did not directly touch the question of the true character of God’s church.” – John Nelson Darby
- “The operation of the Church is entirely set up for the sinner; which creates much misunderstanding among the smug.” – Flannery O’Connor
- “Those who would renegotiate the boundaries between church and state must therefore answer a difficult question: why would we trade a system that has served us so well for one that has served others so poorly?” – Sandra Day O’Connor
- “He who does not have the church as his mother, does not have God as his father.” – Augustine of Hippo
“The Church must be intelligible to the simple as well as to the shrewd.” – Robert Hugh Benson
- “I never weary of great churches. It is my favorite kind of mountain scenery. Mankind was never so happily inspired as when it made a cathedral.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Teenagers who do not go to church are adored by God, but they don’t get to meet some of the people who love God back.”– Anne Lamott
- “The Church is the one institution that exists for those outside it.” – William Tyndale
- “The Church must be forever building, for it is forever decaying within and attacked from without.”– T.S. Eliot
- “A glorious Church is like a magnificent feast; there is all the variety that may be, but every one chooses out a dish or two that he likes, and lets the rest alone: how glorious soever the Church is, everyone chooses out of it his own religion, by which he governs himself, and lets the rest alone.” – John Selden
- “The day we find the perfect church, it becomes imperfect the moment we join it.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
- “I want get across to not just the church world. I want to get outside those walls to everyday people.”– Joel Osteen
- “Christians are not limited to any church.”– Billy Graham
“Clearly the person who accepts the Church as an infallible guide will believe whatever the Church teaches.” – Thomas Aquinas
Church involves the whole Christian community. As the word church derives from the Greek word. This Greek word is Ekklesia. The meaning of Ekklesia is a collection or assembly of faithful people.
The collection of the people that have a common faith or belief in one God. So, in church, the people who have faith in God appear to pray. These people come to worship one God.
“Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us—a crucified God—must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world.” – John Piper
The beliefs of people depend on their thinking. As different people are present in the world, they have different beliefs. When you pray to God, then God listens to you and fulfils your wishes. You need to have faith in God.
These famous inspirational church quotes from famous people will help to enlighten your soul. You will come to know about the real meaning of the church. Let us know your opinion about these inspiring church quotes, and also like and share these quotes.