Maria Tallchief was a ballerina from America. Maria was considered the first and the major prima ballerina of America. Maria Tallchief was the first American Native who held the rank. She had a revolutionized ballet.
From the time of her childhood, Marie loved to dance. At only the age of three years, she started taking formal dance lessons. Marie and her family then moved to New York City. She was then in search of a place where he can dance.
After this, she found Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo, where Marie spent her five years. At this company, she met a choreographer named George Balanchine. Collaborating with the company Marie Tallchief then became the first star of this company. She inspired many people with her work. For inspiring you, we have some famous Marie Tallchief Quotes.
15 Maria Tallchief Quotes
- “If anything at all, perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
- “Dance from your heart and love your music, the audience will love you in return.”
- “To me there’s nothing more glorious than the human voice.”
“From your first plie you are learning to become an artist. In every sense of the world, you are poetry in motion.”
- “I think it is an innate quality that Indians have to dance. They dance when they are happy, they dance when they are sad. They dance when they get married, they dance when someone dies.”
- “The Nutcracker absolutely was our staple every year. We even took it out to California in the summertime, and danced it at the Greel Theatre with great success! Why not? Christmas in summer.”
- “Above all, I wanted to be a prima ballerina who happened to be Native American, never as someone who was an American Indian Ballerina.”
- “I don’t mind being listed alphabetically. I do mind being treated alphabetically.”
- “A ballerina takes steps given to her and makes them her own. Each individual brings something different to the same role.”
- “What’s important is that I’m working with very talented young people.”
“Very often you are in the right place, at the right time, but you don’t know it.”
Success is the name of constant hard work. Through the lifestyle of Maria Tallchief, you will learn who she was able to achieve her goals via hard work. If you want to achieve something in life, then you have to do hard work.
Working hard does not mean that you can do it for some hours. If you want to become successful, then you have to give your best. You have to do work with full effort. Maria Tallchief always loved to dance from the heart.
She listened to the music and enjoyed it. When she enjoyed the music, then she loved to dance. Maria Tallchief worked many times in a day. She started to work hard from childhood. Because she knows that without hard work, she cannot do anything in her life. Do share these Maria Tallchief quotes with other people as well.