Perseverance Quotes – To achieve great things in life and to be successful in life, perseverance is very important. Perseverance is an important step no matter what difficulties come in your path and what stands in your way.
Perseverance is needed during the pursuit of success. Everyone in this world needs perseverance when they are going through a difficult time. When some difficulty stops you from achieving your desires and fulfilling your dreams, at that time, perseverance gives you strength.
You feel motivated and want to achieve what you want to do in life. When you strive to achieve something in life, perseverance is the thing that will help you accomplish that thing in life.
For this, we have a collection of perseverance quotes. These quotes will help you to be more ambitious and dedicated to your work. You will also know about the importance of perseverance in every path of life.
Top 51 Perseverance Quotes
- “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Author Unknown
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” –Thomas Edison
- “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “Some lean back. But those who lean forward are poised to cross the finish-line, first!” – T.F. Hodge
- “Though you may hear me holler, and you may see me cry– I’ll be dogged, sweet baby, if you gonna see me die.” – Langston Hughes
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, ‘press on’ has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” – Lady Aberdeen
- “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – A.A. Milne
- “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance.” – H. Jackson Brown
- “Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “How long should you try? UNTIL!” – Jim Rohn
“Keep trying until you have no more chances left.” ― Aimee Carter
- “Sometimes you must cross a bridge and other times you need to burn it. But, always keep building one and never lose your faith in life.” – Dodinsky
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.” – Leigh Mitchell Hodges
- “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, ‘here comes number seventy-one!’” – Richard M. Devos
- “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.” – B.C. Forbes
- “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” Maya Angelou
- “Perseverance is the secret of all triumphs.” – Victor Hugo
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius
- “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.”― Marilyn Monroe
- “So, what does perseverance mean? It means that one possesses persistence, tenacity, determination, and staying power. This in turn means, when applied to a problem or issue that needs to be resolved, that the individual never gives up, never quits and never sees defeat until the problem, challenge, project, obstacle is resolved to a satisfactory level.” Byron Pulsifer
“Don’t give up in times of difficulty. Persevere on as there will be an end to these.” – Edward Dunedin
- “To persevere in one’s duty and be silent, is the best answer to calumny.” – George Washington
- “Purity, patience and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all love.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Continuous effort–not strength or intelligence–is the key to unlocking our potential.”- Winston Churchill
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.”- Tommy Lasorda
- “Energy and persistence conquer all things.”- Benjamin Franklin
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” ~Newt Gingrich
- “People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don’t know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.” – George E. Allen
- “In case of doubt, push on just a little further and then keep on pushing.” – General George S Patton, Jr.
“Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” ― James A. Michener
Everyone knows that determination is essential for achieving something in life or fulfilling the goals. Many obstacles may come in the way of achievement, and you cannot stop these obstacles no matter what you do. At that time, perseverance will motivate you and gives you strength.
With the help of perseverance, you can easily go through these obstacles. No matter how much tricky time you face in life or how many hardships you pass, remember that you are the only one who can help yourself.
“When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.” ~Author Unknown
Remember always to keep pushing yourself in life. When you push yourself to do something in life, nothing can stop you. To keep moving forward these perseverance quotes will help you keep yourself dedicated even in the most challenging time. You will learn not to be afraid and ashamed of failure but to step forward no matter what the situations you are facing.