Chanakya or Chanakya Kautaliya, was an ancient Indian teacher, economist journalist, and philosopher, royal advisor, and jurist in Sub-Continent.
He was the man who authored the ancient Indian political treatise, named the Arthashastra. It was a text dated roughly between the fourth century BCE and the third century CE.
He was known for his doings and quotes and because of his intelligence that he has done for his people that times. Chanakya was considered the pioneer of the field of economics and political science in India.
All his deeds and works are thought of as a significant precursor to traditional or classical economics. He is the person who served as the chief advisor to both emperors Chandragupta along his son Bindusara.
Chanakya was born 375 BCE, Chanaka village in Takshashila (Buddhist Legends) and in Golla region (Jain Legends) and died in 283 BCE, Maurya Empire, and Paltaliputra.
Chanakya Quotes That Will Motivate You
- “Just as a mirror reflects as a mans face his personality is reflected in his choice of friends. One must always be careful in forming friendships and acquaintances, for one’s friends, are in a way, an extension of one’s inner inclinations and tendencies.” ~ Chanakya
- “The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.” ~ Chanakya
- “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.” ~ Chanakya
- “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first” ~ Chanakya
- “Before you start some work always ask yourselves three questions why I am doing it, what the results might be and will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.” ~ Chanakya
- “He who is overly attached to his family members, experiences fear and sorrow, for the root of all grief is attachment. Thus one should discard attachment to be happy.” ~ Chanakya
- “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.” ~ Chanakya
- “One who can’t determine his goals; cannot win.” ~ Chanakya
- “Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.” ~ Chanakya
- “Knowledge is lost without putting it into practice; a man is lost due to ignorance; an army is lost without a commander; and a woman is lost without a husband.” ~ Chanakya quotes on ignorance
- “Once you start working on something don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.” ~ Chanakya
- “As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.” ~ Chanakya
- “God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your God. The soul is your temple.” ~ Chanakya
- “Wealth, a friend, a wife, and a kingdom may be regained, but this body when lost may never be acquired again.” ~ Chanakya
- “Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness” ~ Chanakya
- “Test a servant while in the discharge of his duty, a relative difficulty, a friend in adversity, and a wife is misfortune.” ~ Chanakya
- “Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends.” ~ Chanakya
“The one excellent thing that can be learned from a lion is that whatever a man intends doing should be done by him with a whole-hearten and strenuous effort.” ~ Chanakya
- “There is poison in the fang of the serpent, in the mouth of the fly and in the sting of a scorpion; but the wicked man is saturated with it.” ~ Chanakya
- “Purity of speech, of the mind, of the senses, and of a compassionate heart are needed by one who desires to rise to the divine platform.” ~ Chanakya
- “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the directions of the wind. But, the goodness of a person spreads in all direction” ~ Chanakya
- “Drop the idea that attachment and love are one thing. They are enemies. It is attachment that destroys all love.” ~ Chanakya
- “We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment.” ~ Chanakya
- “The earth is supported by the power of truth, it is the power of truth that makes the sun shine and the winds blow, indeed all things rest upon truth.” ~ Chanakya
- “Never reveal what you have thought upon doing, but by wise council keep it secret being determined to carry it into execution.” ~ Chanakya
- “One whose knowledge is confined to books and whose wealth is in the possession of others can use neither knowledge nor wealth when the need for them arises.” ~ Chanakya
- “The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.” ~ Chanakya
- “There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth.” ~ Chanakya
- “Avoid him who talks sweetly before you but tries to ruin you behind your back, for he is like a pitcher full of poison with milk on top.” ~ Chanakya
- “The life of an uneducated man is as useless as the tail of a dog which neither covers its rear end nor protects it from the bites of insects.” ~ Chanakya
- “There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment; there is no disease like covetousness, and no virtue like mercy.” ~ Chanakya
- “Accumulated wealth is saved by spending just as incoming fresh water is saved by letting out stagnant water.” ~ Chanakya
- “Till the enemy’s weakness is known, he should be kept on friendly terms.” ~ Chanakya
- “Those base men who speak of the secret faults of others destroy themselves like serpents that stray onto ant hills.” ~ Chanakya
- “The happiness and peace attained by those satisfied by the nectar of spiritual tranquility is not attained by greedy persons restlessly moving here and there.” ~ Chanakya
- “Even if a gem be placed on the foot and a mirror on the head, Still, the gem will not lose its value.” ~ Chanakya
- “Never settle for anything less than what you deserve. It’s not pride, it’s self-respect.” ~ Chanakya
- “It is better to die than preserve life by incurring disgrace. The loss of life only pains a moment, but disgrace every day of one’s life.” ~ Chanakya
- “We have to make people soft who are hard, to attract those who are far, if they do badly for us then even considering our aim we should always love them.” ~ Chanakya
- “There are three gems upon this earth, food, water, and pleasing words — fools consider pieces of rocks as gems.” ~ Chanakya
- “He who is prepared for the future and he who deals cleverly with any situation that may arise are both happy, but the fatalistic man who wholly depends on luck is ruined.” ~ Chanakya
- “A learned man is honored by the people. A learned man commands respect everywhere for his learning. Indeed, learning is honored everywhere.” ~ Chanakya
- “If you were to choose between an evil person and a snake to keep company with, opt for the snake. Because the snake will bite you only in self-defense but the evil person will put a bite for any reason and any time or always.” ~ Chanakya
- “There are only two ways of dealing with the evil persons or thorns. Crush them under your boot or stay far away from them.” ~ Chanakya
“Too much beauty got Sita kidnapped, too much ego got Ravana killed and too much charity got Raja Bali in deep trouble. So too much of anything is bad. One should refrain from ‘too much’.” ~ Chanakya
- ”You can win over a greedy by offering money, a proud person by covering before him. You can win a foolish by agreeing with him and you can win a scholar by truth only.” ~ Chanakya
- “A man is born alone and dies alone; and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone; and he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode.” ~ Chanakya
- “It is the mind of man alone that is the cause of his bondage or freedom.” ~ Chanakya
- “It is better to have only one son endowed with good qualities than a hundred devoid of them. For the moon though one, dispels the darkness, which the stars, though numerous, do not.” ~ Chanakya
- “As long as your body is healthy and under control and death is distant, try to save your soul; when death is immanent what can you do?” ~ Chanakya
- “The wise man should restrain his senses like the crane and accomplish his purpose with due knowledge of his place, time and ability” ~ Chanakya
- “Do not inhabit a country where you are not respected, cannot earn your livelihood, have no friends, or cannot acquire knowledge.” ~ Chanakya
- “He who befriends a man whose conduct is vicious whose vision impure, and who is notoriously crooked, is rapidly ruined.” ~ Chanakya
- “A person who cannot decide his goal, simply cannot win.”~ Chanakya
- “A true son is obedient, a true father is loving, and a true friend is honest” ~ Chanakya
- “There are two ways to deal with thorns and wicked people. One is to crush them, and the other is to stay away from them.” ~ Chanakya
“A guru who shows his disciple the path of righteousness leaves a huge debt. It cannot be paid back as none of the physical objects is so precious.” ~ Chanakya
He was known for his prominent role in the foundation of the Artheshastra and Maurya Empire, Chanakyaniti. He was born in a Brahman family and got his education done at Taxila also known as Vishnugupta or Kautilya.
This man have loads and loads of sayings on plenty of life aspects and is helping everyone in making things way easier than ever. We should at least see some of his quotes once in a life to judge his mentality and gather things from experience.
“The wealth earned by unjust means will perish for sure.” ~ Chanakya
As no one can question his intelligence and experience. History doesn’t label him as a worrier because he does not fight even a single battle through swords but use his brain to do so. You can either read or following his quotes or just die without knowing some gigantic statements.
Despite a great economist, he was a great thinker who makes his statements speaks louder than his actions. You can follow these lists of quotations and get their fruits likewise.