Charles Drew Quotes – Charles Drew was a surgeon in America. He was also a medical researcher. Charles Drew researched in different fields. Some of the fields in which he conducted his research were blood transfusions and development in techniques for the storage of blood.
In World War II a lot of destruction took place. People had to face a shortage of blood. In this time, Charles used his knowledge and developed the blood banks.
He worked hard in the development of blood banks on a large scale. This helped doctors and medical persons to save the lives of thousands of people.
Charles Drew was an African American. He saw a lot of racism even in the donation of blood. Charles also protested in this field to remove racism. He did a lot of work in the field of medicine and inspired many people. For you, we have some famous Charles Drew quotes.
Popular Charles Drew Quotes
- ” There is absolutely no scientific basis to indicate any difference in human blood from race to race.” -Charles Drew
- “I am blood and blood is me.”-Charles Drew
- “Excellence of performance will trascend artificial barriers created by man.”-Charles Drew
- “Perform well and segregation will disappear.”-Charles Drew
- “I feel that the recent ruling of the United States Army and Navy regarding the refusal of colored blood donors is an indefensible one from any point of view.”-Charles Drew
- ” As you know, there is no scientific basis for the separation of the bloods of different races except on the basis of the individual blood types or groups.”-Charles Drew
- “While one must grant at once that extraordinary talent, great intellectual strength and unusual opportunity are necessary to break out of this prison of the Negro problem.”-Charles Drew
- ” We believe that the Negro in the field of physical sciences has not only opened a small passageway to the outside world, but is carving a road in many untrod areas, along which later generations will find it more easy to travel. “-Charles Drew
“The breaching of these walls and the laying of this road has not been, and is not easy.” -Charles Drew
- “In 1933, paying his way by working as a referee, he enrolled at McGill University in Montreal”-Charles Drew
- ” He organized the collection and processing of blood plasma from several New York hospitals, and the shipments of these life-saving materials overseas to treat casualties in the war.”-Charles Drew
- “According to report,I helped collect roughly 14,500 pints of plasma.”-Charles Drew
- “He rose to head of surgery at Freedmen’s Hospital.”-Charles Drew
- ” In 1942, I became the first African-American to serve as examiner for the American Board of Surgery.”-Charles Drew
- ” He performed community service at local hospitals, spoke against racial bias in medical hiring, and published articles on hematology”-Charles Drew
- “At the beginning of World War II, took a leave of absence from Howard University to perfect plasma use and blood processing and storage methods for both England and France.”-Charles Drew
- ” During the height of Hitler’s assault on England, he directed the “Blood for Britain” drive and organized a local civil defense team”.-Charles Drew
- “At the time, government officials segregated the blood of black and white donors.”-Charles Drew
- ” Refused to honor the practice and took stand against the army, maintaining that all human blood was the same.”-Charles Drew
- “The U.S. Army turned against, and he was criticized by white doctors”.-Charles Drew
- “there is no scientific basis for the separation of the bloods of different races”-Charles Drew
“I am blood and blood is me.”-Charles Drew
Charles Drew became the most prominent scientist in the 20th century. At that time America was divided by the barriers of racism. He was the one who raised his voice and broke these barriers that divide America.
After World War II his development in the field of research saved thousands of lives. With his development, the preservation of blood plasma became so much easier.
” The blood seperation can be on the basis of the individual blood types or groups.”–Charles Drew
This process of preserving blood plasma helped to innovate the blood banking method. By this process, the blood can be preserved for the long term. The storage techniques of blood plasma given by Charles Drew were adopted by the American Red Cross.
His work not only saved a lot of people but also was an inspiration for many people. Do share these quotes of Charles Drew with your friends and also like and comment on these quotes.