Today I am excited to be sharing with you Charles Haanel quotes from The Master Key System but before going further the man remains a true inspiration and deserves an introduction.
Who was Charles Haanel?
Charles Francis Haanel was an American author of Swedish decent. According to Haanel.com, Haanel was born on May 22 1866 in Michigan, United States. Haanel had 4 children with his first wife Esther M Smith. Esther passed in 1904 and in 1908 Charles would marry Margaret Nicholson with whom he had 2 children.Charles Haanel died on November 27 1949 and his ashes are buried in Bellefontaine Cemetery. However a lot happened between 1866 and 1949 hence the name Charles Haanel lives on, 70 years after his death.
During his life time Charles Haanel was a successful business man. At the age of 19, in 1885, Haanel established the C.F. Haanel Publishing Company, a company which published illustrated magazines. Haanel continued with his business ventures and several years later he would become the president of several companies including Oaxaca Coffee Culture Company, the Continental Sugar Company, the Continental Commercial Company and The Sacramento Valley Improvement Company.
Although significant, it was not his business accomplishments that we remember Haanel today. Charles Haanel is remembered for his immense contribution in the world of Metaphysics. He was a fine New Thought philosopher who according to Wikipedia had received several honorary degrees in Metaphysics. Charles Haanel put his ideas into books, and his known publications are Mental Chemistry, The New Psychology and The Master Key System.
Reportedly published in 1912, it is without a doubt that The Master Key System is one of the most famous works. New Thought Library describes the Master Key Stystem as “one of the finest studies in self-improvement, mind-stuff, and higher consciousness ever written. Covering everything from how to get wealthy to how to get healthy, Mr. Haanel leaves no stone unturned” . I could not agree more. I could not pinpoint a favorite chapter, each one is full of immense words of wisdom.
It is apparent from the way The Master Key System was written it appears that it had been origianally been written as a weekly correspondence course. Every week would represent a chapter; so chapter 1 is titled week 1, chapter 2 week 2 and so forth. The book has a total of 24 Chapters and the book is a real gem, no wonder it lives on.
I will share with you some of Charles Haanel quotes from The Master Key System picked from a variety of chapters.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 1: The Basics of Your Mind (1-5)
- “That much gathers more is true on every plane of existence and that loss leads to greater loss is equally true”.- Charles Haanel quote
- “Mind is creative. Conditions, environment, and all experiences in life are the result of our habitual, or predominant, mental attitude.”
- “The attitude of mind necessarily depends upon what we think.Therefore, the secret of all power, all achievement, and all possession depends upon our method of thinking.”
- “This is true because we must “be” before we can “do,” and we can “do” only to the extent which we “are,” and what we “are” depends upon what we “think.
- “We cannot express powers that we do not possess. The only way bywhich we may secure possession of power is to become conscious of power. We can never become conscious of power until we learn that all power is from within.”
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 2: Realizing Your Mental Resources (5-9)
- “The value of the subconscious is enormous: It inspires us; it warns us; itfurnishes us with names, facts, and scenes from the storehouse of memory. It directs our thoughts, tastes, and accomplishes tasks so intricate that no conscious mind, even if it had the power, has the capacity.”
- Of these two powers, the outward and changeable has been termed the “Conscious Mind,” or the “Objective Mind” (dealing with outward
objects). The interior power is called the “Subconscious Mind,” or the “Subjective Mind,” and besides its work on the mental plane it controls
the regular functions which make physical life possible.”
- “It is necessary to have a clear understanding of their respective functions on the mental plane, as well as of certain other basic principles. Perceiving and operating through the five physical senses, the conscious mind deals with the impressions and objects of the outward life.It has the faculty of discrimination, carrying with it the responsibility of choice. It has the power of reasoning whether inductive, deductive, analytical, or syllogistic, and this power may be developed to a high degree. It is the seat of the will with all the energies that flow from there.”
- “The subconscious mind perceives by intuition. Hence, its processes are rapid. It does not wait for the slow methods of conscious reasoning. In fact, it cannot employ them.”
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 4: Reversing the Process — From Cause to Effect (10-14)
- “The Sympathetic System has its centre in a ganglionic mass at the back of the stomach known as the Solar Plexus, and is the channel of that
mental action which unconsciously supports the vital functions of the body.
- “The connection between the two systems is made by the vagus nerve which passes out of the cerebral region as a portion of the voluntary system to the thorax, sending out branches to the heart and lungs, and finally passing through the diaphragm, it loses its outer coating and becomes identified with the nerves of the Sympathetic System, so forming a connecting link between the two and making man physically a single entity.”
- We have seen that every thought is received by the brain, which is the organ of the conscious; it is here subjected to our power of reasoning.
- When the objective mind has been satisfied that the thought is true it is sent to the Solar Plexus, or the brain of the subjective mind, to be made into our flesh, to be brought forth into the world as a reality. It is then no longer susceptible to any argument whatever. The subconscious mind cannot argue — it only acts. It accepts the conclusions of the objective mind as final.
- The Solar Plexus has been likened to the sun of the body, because it is a central point of distribution for the energy which the body is constantly generating. This energy is very real energy, and this sun is a very real sun, and the energy is being distributed by very real nerves to all parts of the body, and is thrown off in an atmosphere which envelopes the body.
- Tension leads to mental unrest and abnormal mental activity of the mind; it produces worry, care, fear, and anxiety. Relaxation is therefore
an absolute necessity in order to allow the mental faculties to exercise the greatest freedom.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 5: The Creative Mind (15-20)
- Life is expressive and it is our business to express ourselves harmoniously and constructively. Sorrow, misery, unhappiness, disease, and poverty are not necessities and we are constantly eliminating them.
- At least ninety per cent of our mental life is subconscious, so that those who fail to make use of this mental power live within very narrow limits.
- The subconscious can and will solve any problem for us if we know how to direct it. The subconscious processes are always at work; the only question is, are we to be simply passive recipients of this activity, or are we to consciously direct the work? Shall we have a vision of the destination to be reached, the dangers to be avoided, or shall we simply drift?
- But if we have stored away nothing but courageous thought, if we have been optimistic, positive, and have immediately thrown any kind of
negative thought on the scrap pile, have refused to have anything to do with it, have refused to associate with it or become identified with it in any way, what then is the result? Our mental material is now of the best kind; we can weave any kind of material we want; we can use any color we wish; we know that the texture is firm, that the material is solid, that it will not fade, and we have no fear, no anxiety concerning the future; there is nothing to cover, there are no patches to hide.
- These are psychological facts; there is no theory or guess work about these thinking processes; there is nothing secret about them. In fact, they are so plain that every one can understand them. The thing to do is to have a mental housecleaning, and to have this housecleaning every day; and keep the house clean. Mental, moral, and physical cleanliness are absolutely indispensable if we are to make progress of any kind.
- The great fact is that the source of all life and all power is from within. Persons, circumstances, and events may suggest need and opportunities, but the insight, strength, and power to answer these needs will be found within.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 6:The Brain of Man (21-23)
- Here is the secret of power, of mastery. To overcome does not mean to go without things. Self-denial is not success. We cannot give unless we get; we cannot be helpful unless we are strong. The Infinite is not a bankrupt and we who are the representatives of Infinite power should not be bankrupts either, and if we wish to be of service to others we must have power and more power, but to get it we must give it. We must be of service.
- The more we give the more we shall get; we must become a channel whereby the Universal can express activity. The Universal is constantly seeking to express itself, to be of service, and it seeks the channel whereby it can find the greatest activity where it can do the most good, where it can be of greatest service to mankind.
- In the first place, there is the great mental world in which we live and move and have our being; this world is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent; it will respond to our desire in direct ratio to our purpose and faith; the purpose must be in accordance with the law of our being, that is, it must be creative or constructive; our faith must be strong enough to generate a current of sufficient strength to bring our purpose into manifestation. “As thy Faith is, so be it unto thee,” bears the stamp of scientific test.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 7: Utilizing the Omnipotent Power (24-31)
- Create ideals only. Give no thought to external conditions. Make the world within beautiful and opulent and the world without will express and manifest the condition which you have made within. You will come into a realization of your power to create ideals and these ideals will be projected into the world of effect.
- For instance, a man is in debt. He will be continually thinking about the debt, concentrating on it, and as thoughts are causes the result is that he not only fastens the debt closer to him, but actually creates more debt.
- He is putting the great Law of Attraction into operation with the usual and inevitable result: Loss leads to greater “Loss.”
- What, then, is the correct principle? Concentrate on the things you want, not on the things you do not want. Think of abundance; idealize the methods and plans for putting the Law of Abundance into operation. Visualize the condition which the Laaw of Abundance creates — this will result in manifestation
- This is a difficult problem for many; we are too anxious; we manifest anxiety, fear, distress; we want to do something; we want to help; we are like a child who has just planted a seed and every fifteen minutes goes out and stirs up the earth to see if it is growing. Of course, under such circumstances, the seed will never germinate, and yet this is exactly what many of us do in the mental world.
- We must plant the seed and leave it undisturbed. This does not mean that we are to sit down and do nothing, by no means; we will do more
and better work than we have ever done before. New channels will constantly be provided, new doors will open — all that is necessary is to have an open mind. Be ready to act when the time comes.
- Remember that thought is the fire that creates the steam that turns the wheel of fortune, upon which your experiences depend.
- Mind in action is thought, and thought is creative.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 8: Affirmations and Your Mind (31-35)
- If you wish to change conditions you must change yourself. Your whims, your wishes, your fancies, your ambitions may be thwarted at every step, but your inmost thoughts will find expression just as certainly as the plant springs from the seed.
- Suppose, then, we desire to change conditions. How are we to bring this about? The reply is simple: By the law of growth. Cause and effect are as absolute and undeviating in the hidden realm of thought as in the world of material things.
- Hold in mind the condition desired; affirm it as an already existing fact. This indicates the value of a powerful affirmation. By constant repetition it becomes a part of ourselves. We are actually changing ourselves; we are making ourselves what we want to be.
- Character is not a thing of chance, but it is the result of continued effort. If you are timid, vacillating, self-conscious, or if you are over-anxious or harassed by thoughts of fear or impending danger, remember that it is axiomatic that “two things cannot exist in the same place at the same time.” Exactly the same thing is true in the mental and spiritual world; so that your remedy is plainly to substitute thoughts of courage, power, self-reliance, and confidence, for those of fear, lack, and limitation.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 13: The Dreams of The Dreamer (36-40)
- It will be found that the creative power of thought will explain every possible condition or experience, whether physical, mental or spiritual.
- Thought will bring about conditions in correspondence with the predominant mental attitude. Therefore, if we fear disaster, as fear is a
powerful form of thought, disaster will be the certain result of our thinking. It is this form of thought which frequently sweeps away the
result of many years of toil and effort.
- If we think of some form of material wealth, we may secure it. By concentrated thought the required conditions will be brought about and the proper effort put forth, which will result in bringing about the circumstances necessary to realize our desires; but we often find that when we secure the things we thought we wanted, they do not have the effect we expected. That is, the satisfaction is only temporary, or possibly is the reverse of what we expected.
- What, then, is the proper method of procedure? What are we to think in order to secure what we really desire? What you and I desire, what we all
desire, what every one is seeking, is Happiness and Harmony. If we can be truly happy we shall have everything the world can give. If we are
happy ourselves we can make others happy.
- But we cannot be happy unless we have health, strength, congenial friends, pleasant environment, and sufficient supply not only to take care
of our necessities but to provide for those comforts and luxuries to which we are entitled.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 18: The Law of Attraction (41-45)
- There is a change in the thought of the world. This change is silently transpiring in our midst and is more important than any which the world has undergone since the downfall of Paganism.
- The present revolution in the opinions of all classes of men, the highest and most cultured of men as well as those of the laboring class, stands unparalleled in the history of the world.
- Science has of late made such vast discoveries, has revealed such an infinity of resources, has unveiled such enormous possibilities and such unsuspected forces, that scientific men more and more hesitate to affirm certain theories as established and indubitable or to deny other theories as absurd or impossible.
- A new civilization is being born. Customs, creeds, and precedent are passing. Vision, faith, and service are taking their place. The fetters of tradition are being melted off from humanity, and as the dross of materialism is being consumed, thought is being liberated and truth is rising full orbed before an astonished multitude.
- The whole world is on the eve of a new consciousness, a new power, and a new realization within the self.
The Master Key System- Charles Haanel Quotes Chapter 23: The Law of Service (46-50)
- The money consciousness is an attitude of mind. It is the open door to the arteries of commerce. It is the receptive attitude. Desire is the attractive force which sets the current in motion and fear is the great obstacle by which the current is stopped or completely reversed and turned away from us.
- Fear is just the opposite from money consciousness. It is poverty consciousness, and as the law is unchangeable we get exactly what we give; if we fear we get what we feared. Money weaves itself into the entire fabric of our very existence; it engages the best thought of the best minds.
- We make money by making friends, and we enlarge our circle of friends by making money for them, by helping them, by being of service to them. The first law of success then is service, and this in turn is built on integrity and justice. The man who at least is not fair in his intention is simply ignorant; he has missed the fundamental law of all exchange; he is impossible; he will lose surely and certainly; he may not know it; he may think he is winning, but he is doomed to certain defeat. He cannot cheat the Infinite. The law of compensation will demand of him an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
- The forces of life are volatile; they are composed of our thoughts and ideals and these in turn are molded into form; our problem is to keep an open mind, to constantly reach out for the new, to recognize opportunity, and to be interested in the race rather than the goal, for the pleasure is in the pursuit rather than the possession.
- You can make a money magnet of yourself, but to do so you must first consider how you can make money for other people. If you have the necessary insight to perceive and utilize opportunities and propitious conditions and recognize values, you can put yourself in position to take advantage of them, but your greatest success will come as you are enabled to assist others. What benefits one must benefit all.
As you can see it is a very rich book and I hope that the Charles Haanel quotes from The Master Key System have given you a taste of what the book is about. I hope that by now you somewhat can see why this book has lived on and has been referenced by several successful people. The Wikipedia mentions that “in 1919, Napoleon Hill wrote Haanel a letter thanking him for The Master Key System.” More recently, Rhonda Byrne, quoted Charles Haanel in her book the Secret published in 2007. The New Thought library also mentions that it was supposedlyThe Master Key system that influenced Bill Gates to drop out of college and pursue his business ventures.
So there you have it, Charles Haanel quotes from The Master Key System inspired huge successes and they could well do the same for you. The key is to use the knowledge and practise the suggestions given. An open mind can bring change. If you wish to own a hard copy of Master Key System please follow the link to get on Amazon.
Thanks for stopping by, please remember to share!