Divorce Quotes – Divorce is one of the worst things ever in life because it cracks two couples or infects dismiss the relationship of multiple families. Divorce (also known as dissolution of marriage) is the process of terminating a marital union or marriage.
It usually entails canceling or reorganizing the responsibilities as well as the legal duties of marriage, thus dissolving the bonds of matrimony between the couple under the law of the particular state or country.
Nowadays, marriages of almost 15 to 20 years face divorce due to any reason and result in loads of tensions, depressions, or happiness sometimes. The laws regarding divorce vary from country to country and everyone has their own.
Diverse requires the sanction of some authorities or even a court in a legal process that may involve issues of child custody, alimony, distribution, child access, child support, parenting time, and the division of debt.
35 Divorce Quotes to help you Move On
- “There is no such thing as a “broken family.” Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.” — Joybell C
- “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” — Lucille Ball
- “When two people decide to get a divorce, it isn’t a sign that they ‘don’t understand’ one another, but a sign that they have, at least, begun to.” — Helen Rowland
- “Divorce isn’t the child’s fault. Don’t say anything unkind about your ex to the child, because you’re really just hurting the child.” — Valerie Bertinelli
- “I wanted to turn my divorce into a positive. What if I didn’t blame the other person for anything, and held myself 100 percent accountable? What if I checked my own s— at the door and put my children first? And reminded myself about the things about my ex-husband that I love, and fostered the friendship?” — Gwyneth Paltrow
- “Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you.” — Rupi Kaur
- “Divorce isn’t such a tragedy. A tragedy’s staying in an unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love. Nobody ever died of divorce.” ― Jennifer Weiner
- “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door.” — Coco Chanel
- “It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Success is its own reward, but failure is a great teacher too, and not to be feared.” — Sonia Sotomayor
- “I was a high-functioning depressive, seemingly pulled together and buttoned down. But inside deep, I was numb and mute. Now on the other side of divorce, I know that was me fragmented and doing my best to cope. But my body knew.” — Liza Caldwell
“It always gets worse before it can get better. But it will get better. Like everything else, and like our past struggles, at some point we win, but before that win, there’s always that loss that spurs us on.” — Dolores Huerta
- “Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” — Toni Morrison
- “Imagine spreading everything you care about on a blanket and then tossing the whole thing up in the air. The process of divorce is about loading that blanket, throwing it up, watching it all spin, and worrying what stuff will break when it lands.” —Amy Poehler
- “I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me.” —Erica Jong
- “I think that men were allowed to write about their marriages falling apart, but you weren’t quite supposed to if you were a woman. You were just supposed to curl up into a ball and move to Connecticut. But you know, it didn’t really matter because, as I said, I knew what the book was. It’s a funny book, and I was very happy that it sold a lot of copies.” – Nora Ephron
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” — Deborah Reber
- “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” — Carol Burnett
- “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.” — Michelle Obama
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
“Perhaps sometimes reminding ourselves that we do have a choice makes it easier to pick the harder one.” — Eva Melusine Thieme
- “I learned that it would take more than just the black and white steps of getting divorced, or even finding a lawyer. It would take NOT just facing my fears. It would take walking into my fears — with each step making me bolder and less ashamed, with each step giving me courage.” — Liza Caldwell
- “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The process of discovering with somebody that you love that you don’t work is so painful.” —Kate Hudson
- “It was a long time in the making, my divorce. One day became less special than the [one before], and pretty soon we ceased all conversation. It is a sad day when you have nothing left to say.” —Ricki Lake
- “Above all be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” — Nora Ephron
- “The good thing about getting divorced young—if there is a good thing—is that it makes you realize there’s no schedule in life. It blasts you wide open and frees you to be honest with yourself.” —Olivia Wilde
- “When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be towards others.” — Eda LeShan
- “There’s no pain or failure like going through a divorce.” — Jennifer Lopez
“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” — Carrie Fisher
There are dozens of reasons that cause divorce between couples or families and those unhealthy facts to lead towards the scatter. Some reasons for divorce vary from the lack of independence for one or both spouses to a personality clash, lack of understanding, or sexual incompatibility.
Either you are going through the tough experience of divorce yourself or looking for some sage words to comfort your loved ones, these empowering quotes from people who have faced this disaster will help you get things better.
“It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” — Lena Horne
Here we bring some of the most authorizing quotes from people to learn how to pick yourself up after life dealt them a sickening blow will hopefully provide some consolation and comfort.
One should have settled their problems in life and doesn’t goes to that extreme of life until you don’t have any other options. Sometimes divorce is the only best option to get rid of your partner as well and begin a new chapter of life.