You are at the right place for Eric Butterworth quotes. But before we delve in, how about a mini Eric Butterworth biography to give us some background to the man behind the words of wisdom.
Who is Eric Butterworth? Eric Butterworth was a Unity church minister and the author of 16 best-selling books on metaphysical spirituality. He was born in 1916 and died in 2003.
A great theologian and writer indeed, the teachings and the philosophy of Eric Butterworth are all unveiled in his literal works. Eric Butterworth’s book; “Discover The Power Within You” has been one of his best selling books and has impacted the lives of many. The focal point of this book is to highlight and elaborate the teachings of Jesus.
Similar to Christian D Larson and Joseph Murphy, the philosophy of Eric Butterworth is based on biblical truths and principles. ‘Discover The Power Within You’ sums up most of his beliefs and ideologies, projecting the power in an individual to bring about all round prosperity. Eric Butterworth’s book is a guide to obtain health and wealth through the conscious development of self poise.
The basis of Eric Butterworth’s philosophy is that the purpose of life is to live it to the fullest and share the love of God to all. He approached spirituality from a metaphysical point of view, with great inspirational teachings to reform, recreate and also exalt.
One of his most popular statements was “You can change the world by altering your thoughts”. Such words are not only empowering but are also life changing in that they awaken us to the power within.Here is some of his powerful quotes.
Eric Butterworth Quotes
- Our job is not to set things right but to see them right.- Eric Butterworth
- “There is no such thing as a lack of faith. We all have plenty of faith, it’s just that we have faith in the wrong things. “We have faith in what can’t be done rather than what can be done.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Who giveth love to all, Pays kindness for unkindness, smiles for frowns, Lends new courage to each fainting heart, And strengthens hope and scatters joy abroad, He, too, is a Redeemer, Son of God.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Don’t go through life, grow though life.” – Eric Butterworth
- “One of the best things to do sometimes is simply to be.” – Eric Butterworth
- “The genius does not differ from others in their access to the light within, only in their confident acceptance of its natural outstreaming.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Things may happen around you, and things may happen to you, but the only things that matter are the things that happen in you.” – Eric Butterworth
- “You were born to achieve, to release your inner power, to fulfill your uniqueness.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Where you are in consciousness has everything to do with what you see in experience.”- Eric Butterworth
- “Behind every brilliant performance there were countless hours of practice and preparation.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Mediocrity is self-inflicted and genius is self-bestowed.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control, These three alone lead life to sovereign power.” – Eric Butterworth
- “There is only one way by which you can achieve prosperity. It is to take charge of your mind.” – Eric Butterworth
- “I am not what I think. I am thinking what I think.”- Eric Butterworth
- “A committed giver is an incurably happy person, a secure person, a satisfied person, and a prosperous person.” – Eric Butterworth
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. Don’t go through life, grow through life.” – Eric Butterworth
- “We can become bitter or better as a result of our experiences.” – Eric Butterworth
- “We don’t change what we are, we change what we think what we are.” – Eric Butterworth
- “But the greatest mistake is in believing that we are ‘only human… ‘ We are human in expression but divine in creation and limitless in potentiality.” – Eric Butterworth
- “On human levels of consciousness one may emphasize getting and having as the prime goals, in spiritual consciousness he seeks the way of giving and being.” – Eric Butterworth
- “The child who is taken only as he is – whose potentiality is ignored or slighted – remains where he is, or even slides backward.” – Eric Butterworth
- “There is only one way in which you can ”change your luck”, and that is by altering your thoughts.” – Eric Butterworth
- Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things.-Eric Butterworth
- The one thing that a fish can never find is water; and the one thing that man can never find is God.
Eric Butterworth’s book Celebrate Yourself is another thought provoking masterpiece, an anthology of timeless teachings, to change the thought processes of individuals, effecting infallible results. Indeed, the philosophy of Eric Butterworth was result oriented, enforcing the renewing of the mind through theology, philosophy and metaphysical spirituality. We can also see that from his books such as ‘Celebrate Yourself ‘, Eric Butterworth’s philosophy aims to teach that just as we are, we are powerful creators and as such we should appreciate or celebrate ourselves.
Eric Butterworth writes, “I am secure, for I know who I am: a richly endowed child of God. I am secure in all I do, for I know my oneness with the divine process. I am secure in all I have, for I know my treasure is in my mind, not in my things. I live my life from day to day as if God’s supportive substance were as exhaustless and dependable as the air I breathe, which it most certainly is.”
‘In The Flow Of Life‘ is another great book by Eric Butterworth. This amplifies the philosophy of Eric Butterworth in relation to life and death. His philosophy demystifies death and relegates its power. Needless to say that the philosophy of Eric Butterworth certainly makes significant contribution to New Age Spirituality. His writings are nothing less than inspiring, uplifting, invigorating and encouraging.
You can find a selection of Eric Butterworth’s best selling books from Amazon. They are a worthy addition to anyone committed to growing their self development library. Please remember to share the inspiration!