If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you’re going to go far, go together.” says an African adage that is frequently used. Until they learned that speed and distance are ethically neutral aims, some people thought it was an indictment on the lone runner who desired to go fast. There are times when we must travel quickly and times when we must go far. Some people need to complete each of these tasks more frequently than others.
“Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.”
When you work alone or independently, you don’t have to wait for anybody or require anyone’s approval to get things done. Therefore, you can get things done quickly. But the issue is, how far can you go in life by yourself? Going far needs the help of others. When you operate as a team, you have people to tell you when you’re headed in the wrong direction, to pick you up when you fall, to encourage you when you’re down, and to carry you when you’re exhausted. However, there are instances when you can’t help but work alone since others are either unwilling to cooperate or have different beliefs.
Influence of Quote on our Lives
Yes, this proverb has a lot of weight in everyday life. If you want to go swiftly, you should go alone, as the saying goes. It is much simpler to travel independently than to travel with others and keep up with their varying speeds to arrive at the same destination. If you travel alone, you may choose your own pace and therefore accomplish your goal at your leisure.
“Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.”
It is well known that if you desire to travel to a specific location, you should set off on your own without waiting for or expecting anyone to join you along the route. Throughout your trip, you should rely solely on yourself. On the contrary, if you wish to go far, you should bring a large group of people. This indicates that if your team consists of many people, it is more like a team working together to achieve a common objective.
You may have individuals working at different speeds in this situation, so you can’t expect to complete the task quickly. It’s more like we’re praising each other for all of our differences! It is critical to recognize that traveling a long distance and arriving at your goal cannot be accomplished overnight. To achieve the objective, you will, of course, require a great deal of commitment and patience. Additionally, while working in a team, you must have many individuals working together, and each of the team members has their ideas, which will be carefully considered.
It is only through working together that you will be able to achieve your goals. You must understand that you may encounter many challenges along the way, but a team that works together to achieve their goals will finally succeed.
Why are most successful people alone?
Traditional life routes are congested, and there will always be someone your age or from a similar background traveling ahead of you. Direct comparisons become more difficult when you walk alone on your road. Envy decreases, absolute joy for others’ accomplishments increases, and success and development become more about reaching individually set objectives than keeping up with others.
Walking along your road implies that you are on your own. It isn’t easy to become close to people, mainly because shared experiences are the lifeblood of relationships. If you live a non-traditional, non-9-5 existence, you’re likely to have a lot of them. Fewer people get why you act the way you do. You feel misunderstood, which is troublesome since we tend to spend most of our time as social beings attempting to be understood — trying to explain what’s going on inside our heads.
Things to Do by Yourself to understand yourself
Finding activities to like on your alone time may seem challenging at first if you are generally drawn to other people. Including some quiet periods where you may be alone can have a lot of advantages, especially if you are always on the go and find it challenging to slow down and take pauses.
- Take yourself out to a restaurant for a meal. Dining out is generally thought of as a communal event, yet treating oneself to a great dinner allows you to unwind and enjoy the experience alone.
- Go to the movies by yourself. You don’t spend much time chatting in the middle of a film, but being with other people means you could be sidetracked by wondering what they think of it and what they might say later. When you watch a movie alone, you can concentrate entirely on the plot and images in front of you, rather than worrying about what your friends might think.
- By yourself, you may see your favorite band or performer. Not only will you be able to watch your favorite artists without having to worry about finding companions, but attending a concert alone may also be a fantastic opportunity to meet new people with similar interests. Even if you’re doing something on your own, it might help you expand your social network.
- Take a walk. Spending time in nature may benefit your health, but finding others who want to go might be difficult. Going alone can allow you to connect with nature, test your body, and enjoy some quiet time.
- Discover something new. Enroll in a class where you may learn a unique talent, such as cooking, archery, painting, dancing, or any other activity that has always piqued your curiosity. Instead of focusing on what other people want to accomplish, you may pursue something that fulfills your desires.
- Volunteering and other prosocial activities have been proven in studies to produce a variety of good outcomes. Look for volunteer activities in your neighborhood that allow you to give a little time to a cause that you care about.