Mongolian Proverbs – A landlocked unitary sovereign country in East Asia, filled with beautiful people, awesome nature, elegant atmosphere, and so much more that adds real beauty to its charm. It doesn’t have any ocean connected with its territory but still got some class if talk about its beauty.
Being landlocked creates some economic and political handicaps that having access to international waters. You don’t have to see this aspect because all we need to know and see is its beauty.
There are loads of exciting and sleek proverbs that it possesses and every single proverb has its own appeal. Just enjoy some of the exceptional ones and even share them with anybody just by copy-pasting.
42 inspiring Mongolian Proverbs to Get to Know History
- A donkey that carries me is worth more than a horse that kicks me.
- A man fails seven times and rises eight times.
- A tiger wearing a bell will starve.
- Do not start if afraid, once begun do not be afraid.
- Don’t look for bad things in the good that you do.
- Don’t undo your bootlaces until you have seen the river.
- Each country’s customs are different, just as each meadow’s grass is different.
- Even foul water will put out a fire.
- Even foul water will quench fire.
- Greed keeps men forever poor, even the abundance of this world will not make them rich.
- He who drinks, dies; he who does not drink, dies as well.
- He who wants to build high must dig deep.
- If mind is clean, fate is good.
If you are going to steal bells plug your ears.
- If you endeavor, the fate will favor you.
- If you want to build high, you must dig deep.
- In a good word there are three winters’ warmth; in one malicious word there is pain for six frosty months.
- It is easier to catch an escaped horse than to take back an escaped word.
- It’s difficult to take a wolf cub without bringing in the whole pack.
- Men and women sleep on the same pillow, but they have different dreams.
- Of the good we have an understanding, for fools we keep a stick upstairs.
- Once you have locked your door you are the emperor in your own domain.
- One idiot can ask more questions than ten wise men can answer.
- Rich is he who has no debts, fortunate he who lives without handicap.
- The distance between heaven and earth is no greater than one thought.
- The donkey recognizes the tracks of a horse.
- The fish sees the bait not the hook; a man sees not the danger — only the profit.
The living are denied a table; the dead get a whole coffin.
- The more you listen the more you give yourself room for doubt.
- The supreme treasure is knowledge, the middle treasure is children, and the lowest treasure is material wealth.
- The winner has many friends, the loser has good friends.
- There are men who walk through the woods and see no trees.
- Times are not always the same; the grass is not always green.
- Two bears in one cave will not end up well.
- Union is source of success.
- While father alive to get to know people.
Who cleans up the dirt washes away happiness.
It’s a sandwich between Russia to the north and China to the south while it does not share a border with Kazakhstan. There’s not much distance between these as Mongolia is separated from it just by 36.76 kilometres.
Genghis Khan founded the empire of the Mongols that became the largest contiguous land empire in history. Tibetan Buddhism spread to Mongolia, being further led by the Manchu-founded QTZK (Qing Tumen Zasagt Khan).
“While horse is strong travel to see places”
Just leave its history and comes to the level of Mongols that creates history and give so many memorable events that still got that dismay.
These quotes not only help you get plenty of things about Mongols but also helps you get to know the mentality of people of that time. These are some excellent proverbs as well as idiomatic aphorisms that helps you understand the perspectives of Mongols in the best possible way.