Nietzsche Quotes – Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (born 15 October 1844 and died on 25 august 1900) was a German philosopher, cultural critic, poet, philologist, composer, and writer whose work has exerted a profound inspiration on modern intellectual history.
He started his career as a classical epilogist before turning to philosophy and became the youngest person ever to grab the title of the Chair of Classical Philosophy in 1969 at UOB (University of Basel).
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche resigned in 1879 due to some of his health issues and other problems that plagued him most of his life. His writing spans poetry, cultural criticism, philosophical polemics, and some fiction while presenting a fondness for irony and aphorism.
Some of the core elements of his creation include his radical critique of truth on the behalf of perspectives. His structure of work touches a wide range of topics including tragedy, religion, art, philosophy, science, history, and various others.
55 Nietzsche Quotes that inspire you in a new way
- “To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
5. “A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The demand to be loved is the greatest of all arrogant presumptions.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Art is the proper task of life.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Life is that which must overcome itself again and again.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “How little it takes to make us happy! The sound of a bagpipe. Without music life would be a mistake. The German even imagines God as singing songs.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The most common lie is that which one lies to himself; lying to others is relatively an exception.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal. ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Underneath this reality in which we live and have our being, another and altogether different reality lies concealed.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “People are always angry at anyone who chooses very individual standards for his life; because of the extraordinary treatment which that man grants to himself, they feel degraded, like ordinary beings.” ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
“I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “. . . It seems to me that a human being with the very best of intentions can do immeasurable harm, if he is immodest enough to wish to profit those who’s spirit and will are concealed from him. . . .” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Every deep thinker is more afraid of being understood than of being misunderstood.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “One ought to hold on to one’s heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “A matter that becomes clear ceases to concern us.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Here the ways of men divide. If you wish to strive for peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you wish to be a disciple of truth, then inquire.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings — always darker, emptier and simpler.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “One repays a teacher badly if one always remains nothing but a pupil.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
- “One must give value to their existence by behaving as if ones very existence were a work of art.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
“A thought comes when it will, not when I will.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
- “There will always be rocks in the road ahead of us. They will be stumbling blocks or stepping stones; it all depends on how you use them.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “A thought, even a possibility, can shatter and transform us.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “There are no facts, only interpretations.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “If you know the why, you can live any how.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The author must keep his mouth shut when his work starts to speak.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “There is an old illusion. It is called good and evil.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “In the mountains of truth, you never climb in vain.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn’t. ” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
52. “There are no beautiful surfaces without a terrible depth.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “What does your conscience say? — ‘You should become the person you are’.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
“Ultimately, it is the desire, not the desired, that we love.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Nietzsche drives inspiration from the figures such as Ralph Waldo Emerson, Richard Wagner, Arthur Schopenhauer, Zoroaster, Socrates, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and various other intellectuals.
Through his published editions, his work became associated with Nazism and Fascism. Nietzsche though enjoyed his fame back in the 1960s and his ideas had a profound impact on the current century.
“Is life not a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Some of his masterpieces include postmodernism, post-structuralism, and existentialism as well as art, literature, popular cultures, politics, and psychology. After the death of this intellectual, his sister became the editor and curator of the manuscripts of Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche. She then continues what he left.
Here we got some exceptional sayings, quotes, and proverbs of Nietzsche that expand your mentality and help you stay on track of what you are doing. You can also share these quotes with your loved ones and tell them about various aspects of life on the behalf of Nietzsche.