Wayne Dyer: The Father Of Motivation
It is hard to mention self-development without associating it with Dr. Wayne Dyer. Dyer was known internationally as a sought-after speaker and author in the fields of spiritual growth and self-development during his time. For over forty years, Dr. Dyer dedicated his career, which bore fruits to 40 books, and 21 are included in the New York Times bestsellers. More so, he has been a household name as he appeared in countless radio and TV shows and created his own video and audio programs.
Dr. Dyer was a native of Detroit, Michigan. He was able to obtain his Ed.D. degree in educational counseling from Wayne State University with his dissertation entitled Group Counseling Leadership Training In Counseling Education. In addition, we also held the post as a St. John’s University, associate professor. He was able to bring to light people’s needs regarding our constant personal requirements relating to personal growth and self-discovery with his vast experience in clinical psychology and college-level teaching. It paved the way for his first book, Your Erroneous Zones, which came out in 1976. It later amassed popularity, making it an international bestseller and one of the best-selling books of all time with estimated copies sold of 100 million. The book also propelled him to become a preeminent speaker and author traveling the world, talking about his expertise.
He also became the primary subject in 10 National Public Television specials. Some of the featured books include There’s A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem, Wisdom Of The Ages, and Manifest Your Destiny. Moreover, it also highlighted some of his New York Times bestsellers such as I Can See Clearly Now, Wisher Fulfilled, Change Your Thoughts-Change Your Life, Excuses Begone!, The Power Of Intention, Inspiration, and the 10 Secrets For Success And Inner Peace.
While he became known in the arena of self-improvement, he later shifted his focus and elevated his calling towards the exploration of the spiritual facets of the human experience. This transformation and his constant pursuit of helping more people, he was called the “father of motivation.” His struggles as a child in foster homes and orphanages for 10 years did not stop him from changing his life for the better and extending his hands for others to do the same. He always believed that every person has the capacity in himself/herself to improve how they think and that they can change their lives to something extraordinary. And more importantly, he would always underscore the importance of choosing to live from their “Higher Self” and by honoring one’s inner divinity.
Dr. Dyer spent his life outside his work as a motivational speaker by writing from his Maui home. He made the most of his later life witnessing nature’s beauty, swimming with sea creatures, and visiting his children as well as his grandchildren. In 2009, he was diagnosed with leukemia, and in 2015, at the age of 75, he died from heart attack in his home in Maui, Hawaii.
No doubt that Dr Wayne Dyer said many uplifting words through his books and teaching, and here are just a few of them.
Wayne Dyer Quotes 1-10
- “Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.”-Wayne Dyer
- “My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”-Wayne Dyer
- “All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Love is co-operation rather than competition.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
Wayne Dyer Quotes 11-22
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Wayne Dyer
- “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.” – Wayne Dyer
- “When you have the choice between being right and being kind just choose kind.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Passion is a feeling that tells you: this is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn’t matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored. I’m going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Here is an affirmation for today: I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy!” – Wayne Dyer
- “Practice being the kind of person you wish to attract.” – Wayne Dyer
- “When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.” – Wayne Dyer
- “All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy. ” – Wayne Dyer
Wayne Dyer Quotes 23-40
- “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.” – Wayne Dyer
- Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it.” – Wayne Dyer
- “When you’re at peace with yourself and love your self, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive.” – Wayne Dyer
- “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Wayne Dyer
- “I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I’m not.” – Wayne Dyer
- “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
- “A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.” – Wayne Dyer
- donkey 31
- “If you believe it will work out , you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.” – Wayne Dyer
- “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift.”- Wayne Dyer
- “Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” – Wayne Dyer
- “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.” – Wayne Dyer
- Your reputation is in the hands of others. That’s what the reputation is. You can’t control that. The only thing you can control is your character.” – Wayne Dyer
- Everything is perfect in the universe – even your desire to improve it.” – Wayne Dyer
- “You’ll seldom experience regret for anything that you’ve done. It is what you haven’t done that will torment you. The message, therefore, is clear. Do it! Develop an appreciation for the present moment. Seize every second of your life and savor it.” – Wayne Dyer
- “There is no stress in the world, only people thinking stressful thoughts.” – Wayne Dyer
- “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.” – Wayne Dyer
I hope you have found some inspiration from Wayne Dyer quotes, please share!