Equal Opportunity Quotes – When we are discouraged and do not get things according to our choices, we start thinking that the best thing happens only with lucky people. Some people believe that only the lucky people get the opportunities in life, which is not true.
Every person in this world has equal opportunities to do something in life. But the time of getting these opportunities and acquiring them is different for everyone. Some people use these opportunities and make their lives better, while others do not.
If you work hard in life, you will get an equal chance of doing something in life. If you take that opportunity and work hard, you will surely achieve what you want. There are various quotes about equal opportunity.
Here is a Collection Of Some Famous Equal Opportunity Quotes
- “Equal opportunity means everyone will have a fair chance at being incompetent.” –Laurence J. Peter
- “We live in a moment when the dream of equal opportunity is within reach.” -Barack Obama
- “No two individuals are ever the same. You cannot equate people. You can only create equal opportunity.” -Jaggi Vasudev
- “Not everyone has equal abilities, but everyone should have equal opportunity for education.” -John F. Kennedy
- “We were a land of opportunity. You can never have equal outcomes, but you can have equal opportunity.” -Jamie Dimon
- “Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can’t buy more hours. Scientists can’t invent new minutes. And you can’t save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow.” -Denis Waitley
- “I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities.” -Nelson Mandela
- “My idea of society is that while we are born equal, meaning that we have a right to equal opportunity, all have not the same capacity.”-Mahatma Gandhi
- “Where, after all, do universal human rights begin? In small places, close to home – so close and so small that they cannot be seen on any maps of the world … Such are the places where every man, woman and child seeks equal justice, equal opportunity, equal dignity without discrimination. Unless these rights have meaning there, they have little meaning anywhere.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Equality of opportunity is an equal opportunity to prove unequal talents.” -David Samuel
- “Where, after all, do universal human rights begin? In small places, close to home.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal that I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.” -Nelson Mandela
- “Wealthy men can’t live in an island that is encircled by poverty. We all breathe the same air. We must give a chance to everyone, at least a basic chance.” -Ayrton Senna
- “Everyone is born equally capable but lacks equal opportunity.” -Pierre Omidyar
- “While our country has made great strides in breaking down the barriers which for so long denied equal opportunity to all Americans, we are not yet the beautiful symphony of the brotherhood of Dr. King’s dream.”
- -Adam Schiff
“Barack knows the American Dream because he’s lived it…and he wants everyone in this country to have that same opportunity, no matter who we are, or where we’re from, or what we look like, or who we love.”–Michelle Obama
- “No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire today.” –Denis Waitley
- “The right combination is between a free economy and social policy that addresses the needs of society and creates equal opportunity.”-Benjamin Netanyahu
- “As believers we all have an opportunity and moral obligation to recognize our spiritual common ground; to rise above our differences; to combat prejudice and intolerance.” -Queen Noor of Jordan
- “I stand for simple justice, equal opportunity and human rights. The indispensable elements in a democratic society – and well worth fighting for.” -Helen Suzman
- “You cannot say you’ve achieved equality until EVERYONE is equal and has equal opportunities!” -Leymah Gbowee
- “I do believe that every person has an equal opportunity to be a good and wise judge regardless of their background or life experiences.” -Sonia Sotomayor
- “Our society cannot afford a two-tiered system in which the affluent have access to superior education, while everyone else is subjected to a dull and incoherent classroom experience. Academic excellence, educational equity, and fairness demand a strong foundation of knowledge for all learners.” -E. D. Hirsch, Jr.
- “For the private sector to flourish, special privilege must give way to equal opportunity and equal risk for all.” -Paul Wolfowitz
- “Violence is black children going to school for 12 years and receiving 6 years’ worth of education.” -Julian Bond
- “Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes in a day.” -Denis Waitley
- “The Brown decision promised that every child, regardless of the color of his or her skin, would have unequivocal access to quality education and an equal opportunity to pursue his/her dreams” -Ed Markey
- “White privilege is the unquestioned and unearned set of advantages, entitlements benefits and choices bestowed on people solely because they are white. Generally white people who experience such privilege do so without being conscious of it.” -Peggy McIntosh
- “The problem… is emblematic of what hasn’t changed during the equal opportunity revolution of the last 20 years. Doors opened; opportunities evolved. Law, institutions, corporations moved forward. But many minds did not.” -Anna Quindlen
- “Equal opportunity is good, but special privilege is better.” -Anna Chennault
- “Equal wealth and equal opportunities of culture have simply made us all members of one class.” -Edward Bellamy
“Monopolists who fear competition and who distrust democracy because it stands for equal opportunity would like to secure their position against small and energetic enterprise.” -Henry A. Wallace
- “We cannot expect in the immediate future that all women who seek it will achieve full equality of opportunity. But if women are to start moving towards that goal, we must believe in ourselves or no one else will believe in us; we must match our aspirations with the competence, courage and determination to succeed.” -Rosalyn Sussman Yalow
- “Can a woman become a genius of the first class? Nobody can know unless women in general shall have equal opportunity with men in education, in vocational choice, and in social welcome of their best intellectual work for a number of generations.” -Anna Garlin Spencer
- “It turns out that advancing equal opportunity and economic empowerment is both morally right and good economics. Why? Because discrimination, poverty and ignorance restrict growth. We know that investments in education, infrastructure and scientific and technological research increase growth. They increase good jobs, and they create new wealth for all of us.” -William J. Clinton
- “I want to state upfront, unequivocally and without doubt: I do not believe that any racial, ethnic or gender group has an advantage in sound judging. I do believe that every person has an equal opportunity to be a good and wise judge, regardless of their background or life experiences.” -Sonia Sotomayor
- “Do we believe that the goal of government is to promote equal opportunity for all Americans to make the most of their lives? Or, do we now believe that government’s role is to equalize the results of peoples lives?” -Paul Ryan
- “Yale is a crucible in American life for the accommodation of intellectual achievement, of wisdom, of refinement, with the democratic ideals of openness, of social justice and of equal opportunity.” -Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.
- “It would be ridiculous for me to say anything negative regarding blacks having an equal opportunity on TV.” -Flip Wilson
- “I was an equal opportunity eater. Every ethnic group got a shot.” -William J. Clinton
- “I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity offender.” -Rick Mercer
- “I’m an equal opportunity reader – although I don’t much read plays. And since I was raised a Presbyterian, pretty much all pleasures are guilty.” -Richard Ford
- “I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination.” -Nelson Mandela
- “Where, after all, do universal human rights begin? In small places, close to home – so close and so small that they cannot be seen on any maps of the world. Yet they are the world of the individual person…Withou t concerted citizen action to uphold them close to home, we shall look in vain for progress in the larger world.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We need to make equal pay and equal opportunity for women and girls a reality so women’s rights are human rights once and for all.” -Hillary Clinton
- “The Martha Stewart trial makes clear how far women have risen in the business world. America can be proud of our equal-opportunity prosecution and conviction.” -Rosabeth Moss Kanter
“We cannot legislate equality but we can legislate … equal opportunity for all.” –Helen Gahagan Douglas
All of us have an equal opportunity in the form of time. Every person has the same number of hours in a day. Some people use this time to make their tomorrows better. At the same time, others waste it by doing useless things.
Now it is up to you how to use this time. You should work hard and spend time on the opportunities you get in life. Working hard on these opportunities will help you achieve your desired goals.
Mines are equal opportunity weapons.” –Saddam Hussein
Life always gives equal opportunity to everyone. A wise man always uses the opportunities and time and makes them count. The equal opportunity quotes will help you to know the importance of time. These quotes will help you know how to use the opportunity in the right way. By doing so, you will get success in life.