Bible Verses on Faith – A word derived from Latin Fides as well as Old French Feid, is trust or confidence in things, people, almighty, or other things. Everything in this universe is beautiful due to the level of faith in someone.
People have different levels of faith in people, things, and their Supernatural being. If we put some light on religion, one can define faith as belief in God as well as in the doctrines or blessings of religion.
Religious people might think of faith as their belief, trust, or confidence based on a perceived degree of warrant, while on the other hand who are more skeptical of religion tend to think of faith as simply trust without any assistance or essential evidence.
People always look for verses on everything they face in their lives. You can get valuable verses of the bible on faith that helps you stay on track and work on yourself to stay motivated.
43 Bible Verses on Faith to Get Encouraged in Tough Times
- “Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7:38
- “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:17
- “Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” Mark 5:36
- “Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.” 1 John 5:5
- “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
- “And without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
- “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified. ” Galatians 2:16
- “And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. ” Mark 11:22-24
- “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” Matthew 21:22
- “For nothing will be impossible with God.” Luke 1:37
- “Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. ” 1 Corinthians 16:13
- “Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.” Romans 5:1-2
- “I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.” Psalm 119:30
- “For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” Romans 1:17
- “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. ” James 1:5-6
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
- “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.” John 15:9-12
- “Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” Matthew 9:2
- “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.” Psalm 86:15
- “Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.” Psalm 33:22
- “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.” Isaiah 43:2
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- “In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me.” Psalm 120:1
- “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27
- “I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.” 1 Corinthians 2:3-5
- “The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” Luke 17:5
- “Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:24
- “Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off.” Proverbs 23:18
- “For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.” Romans 12:3
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- “When troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.” James 1:2-4
- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
- “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
There are multiple stages of faith and these stages elaborate the level of faith. The first stage is known as the intuitive-projective stage that is the step of confusion and high impressionability through rituals and stories.
Then comes the Mythic Literal stage where provided information is accepted to conform to all the respective social norms. Two more stages of it are mentioned in the paragraph below.
The next one is Synthetic-Conventional is the stage of faith that is concreted in the belief system with the forgoing of replacement and personification with authority in groups as well as individuals.
The next phase in Individualities-Reflective, the fifth one is the Conjunctive faith, and the last but not the least is the Universalizing faith. Here are plenty of engaging and must-know verses of bibles on Faith that helps you stay motivated and boost your faith.